Who got snow?

goddam.... well it's very nice and sunny here but it's still cold... which is one of the reason why I called in sick. I like to work with a nice sunny view :cool2:

my hometown dont have snow!! But Fayetteville,Arkansas also had ICE and lots of snow believe me and no power in NorthWest Arkansas im hope they will get power on very soon in NW Arkansas.

im still research news about NW ark i will show you but......i will post you

Video
Video

i think most of us in the eastern US is gonna have snow in a few days according to the forecast! :eek3:

i think most of us in the eastern US is gonna have snow in a few days according to the forecast! :eek3:

i wish my saab is fixed... so i can still drive out in that kind of weather to snowboard :mad2: maybe i should just get a pair of stubbies for my bike :mad2:

i wish my saab is fixed... so i can still drive out in that kind of weather to snowboard :mad2: maybe i should just get a pair of stubbies for my bike :mad2:

ill rent you my old blazer. its a 4x4! but.... you break it you buy it! lol (hides the already broken parts)

Oh I hope everyone can recover from this ice storm. I know Chris' mom was particularily worried about her family in Fayetteville. You guys have my deepest sympathies. Hope those of you can get your powers back on soon and life can return to normal.

Seriously, It looks like a war zone here! There are still a lot of people here without the powers. The electric has been slowly restored in some parts and they say it will take 3 to 4 weeks before everything is restored.

This morning, the electric finally came on at my house. I say, It's about time!!! :dance:

I've been without the electric for 5 days and I must say, It was quite an experience going through this ice storm. It was the worst ice storm I've ever seen.

It's so good to be at home now getting the heat running and all that. Here comes the dirty job - I've got to clean up my refrigerator to get rid of all these spoiled foods. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to that! :lol:

Most of all, I am looking forward to sleep in my own bed! :D

Oh and Yeah, I heard about another round of the winter storm will be heading up here on either Monday night or Tuesday. *groans* This is not what we really need at this time!

I've got a busy day ahead of me for now to catch up on stuffs and do some cleaning. I'll be back on later tonight. :)

Glad to hear that you are safe, and that your power has been restored, Jolie. It has been a mess here, too. We still have about 1,000 people without power.

Jollie, I can feel your pain. Been there and done that. I had a ice storm few weeks before xmas and was out of power for 36 hrs. I had to throw out all of the food in my fridge and that wasnt fun at all. My son stay at his stepmom's house and she lost her power just before I got to her house. I stay at home in a freezing house and bundle up with layer of clothes and blankie. then off to work I went where it was warm and when I got home from work, my electric came back on a few hour after I left for work.. Yay I was thrilled but not cleaning out my fridge. LOL

It's so good to be at home now getting the heat running and all that. Here comes the dirty job - I've got to clean up my refrigerator to get rid of all these spoiled foods. Ugh, I'm not looking forward to that! :lol:

This is why I stressed the importance of having a large supply of canned and nonperishable foods so you can eat without electricity and so you would still have food that have not been spoiled yet if you do not have the money to run out to the grocery store to buy more food because all your food that you have are spoiled. Some people don't understand that.

I live in Texas, but my complex frequently have outages for whatever reason, so I keep a very large supply of canned and nonperishable foods because sometimes the power do not come back on for hours on end. Sometimes by the time the power comes back on the food in my fridge and freezer are already spoiled. But I do not have to worry about not having the money to buy more food because I already have a large supply of canned and nonperishable food for back-up.

we got lots of snow here and my wife was out on her all day snowmobiling trek with her friends..I sold my snowmobile a couple weeks ago. so i was stuck here lol. Hopefully i'll get a better sled in the next year or so.

Jillio and Hear Again - Thank You. :)

There are still parts of this state in the dark. From what I was told, It began with 1.3 million people without power and now that the electric is slowly being restored in various parts of this state - It has went down to 545,000 people without power.

Horselover - This was the first time I've went out w/o electric for 5 days. I've been through the winter storm and/or ice storm couple of times before. Usually it'd be like a day or two without power at the most which was not a big deal to me but now that I've went through this for 5 days, It was really getting to me. I felt like I was losing my sanity. For the first few days, I was staying at various places (friends, etc) to stay warm, to take a hot bath and have a good meal. So, and then the last night - I was dressing myself up with bunch of layers of clothes and bunches of blankets wrapped around me. Amazingly, I was warm all over and my nose was the only thing that felt cold.

The kids were in good hands during this time since they were staying with their grandparents. Of course, I had to check on them on a constant basis to keep up to date since I had to work and to check on my place as much as I could.

This morning, when the electric was restored - I was jumping up and down for joy because I was like -- Finally, It's about time!

Lucia - Yes, That is why I always have a lot of canned foods around and non-perishable items. I learned my lesson way back then in 2000 when there was a F4 Tornado that hit by. I was not totally prepared back then. Since the ice storm came by this time - I was more than prepared with the canned foods, so and on.

The biggest challenge during this time was basically trying to stay warm because the temperatures were really cold during the nights.

Jillio and Hear Again - Thank You. :)

There are still parts of this state in the dark. From what I was told, It began with 1.3 million people without power and now that the electric is slowly being restored in various parts of this state - It has went down to 545,000 people without power.

Horselover - This was the first time I've went out w/o electric for 5 days. I've been through the winter storm and/or ice storm couple of times before. Usually it'd be like a day or two without power at the most which was not a big deal to me but now that I've went through this for 5 days, It was really getting to me. I felt like I was losing my sanity. For the first few days, I was staying at various places (friends, etc) to stay warm, to take a hot bath and have a good meal. So, and then the last night - I was dressing myself up with bunch of layers of clothes and bunches of blankets wrapped around me. Amazingly, I was warm all over and my nose was the only thing that felt cold.

The kids were in good hands during this time since they were staying with their grandparents. Of course, I had to check on them on a constant basis to keep up to date since I had to work and to check on my place as much as I could.

This morning, when the electric was restored - I was jumping up and down for joy because I was like -- Finally, It's about time!

Lucia - Yes, That is why I always have a lot of canned foods around and non-perishable items. I learned my lesson way back then in 2000 when there was a F4 Tornado that hit by. I was not totally prepared back then. Since the ice storm came by this time - I was more than prepared with the canned foods, so and on.

The biggest challenge during this time was basically trying to stay warm because the temperatures were really cold during the nights.

Wow! 5 days! Glad u are ok...

I always wondered about those people who have no family nor money for hotels..what do they do when they are out of power for so long especially during winter...

Wow! 5 days! Glad u are ok...

I always wondered about those people who have no family nor money for hotels..what do they do when they are out of power for so long especially during winter...

Thanks.

Well - I don't know what it is like for other areas but for here, The officials have been referring these people who have no money for hotels/motels or doesn't have any family around to go to the shelters. There's various shelters that are open to those who are in immediate need of that.

Thanks.

Well - I don't know what it is like for other areas but for here, The officials have been referring these people who have no money for hotels/motels or doesn't have any family around to go to the shelters. There's various shelters that are open to those who are in immediate need of that.

Yes, we had several shelters opened on an emergency basis, and they were even sending out Red Cross vans to felp evacuate older residents that could not get themselves to a shelter.

Back