who else has had thier HAs run over by a car????

Adamsmomma

Reaction score
Ugh... yesterday we went to a function at Adams school and he was playing in a bouncehouse/maze so I took his HAs off so they didn't get messed up... I put them (and his ear gear covers/bungee) in my pocket and I thought I clipped them to my belt loop... well he was tired and so we left to go meet my brother and get A an icecream... when we got to McDonalds I went to get his HAs out and realized they weren't in my pocket... couldn't find them in my truck anywhere!! So my brother took A into McD's and I called his teacher who'd been sitting w/me earlier... she started looking and I raced back to school... as I got there his teacher and I BOTH saw them... IN THE ROAD!! One ear mold was about 6 ft from the rest of them... looks like they only broke at the hooks and didn't seem crushed... (I HOPE!!) His teacher was going to give them to his audi so she could fix them 1st thing Monday AM... but man I was SICK over it!! He's got testing at a huge appt this week and NEEDS them... the timing SUCKS. Most times I wouldn't be panicked ya know??

So much for mom keeping them safer!! LOL

Anyhow I feel like a big dope... guess worse could happen.

Last edited:
I used to have hearing aids. During my middle school year, I couldn't stand wearing it and gave them to my mother's dog. Couple of days, my mother asked me where is my hearing aids. I told her - I lost it, and she confront me by show me the dog poop with hearing aids equipment inside.

I told her, I guess my dog thought it was a toy.

I had one of my HAs fall out during sports at school many years ago. I was the only HoH person in the class and was so embarrassed when it fall to the ground and smashed!

Yeah been there, done it and got the tee shirt!

1. ate by a dog
2. dug up on a beach
3. fell off a bike, HA fell out onto road then ran over by a car
4. swam with them in swimming pool (countless times)
5. washed them (they got left in my pockets)

Since i got the implant,

1. drenched in sea water when I was racing on boat, Didn't have a single moment to take them off. Stuck it in dri and store, it was fine next day!

2. flew off my ears when i was on zip wire and nearly lost it in big pile of damp wood chips.

3. dropped them many times on slabs.

Yeah been there, done it and got the tee shirt!

1. ate by a dog
2. dug up on a beach
3. fell off a bike, HA fell out onto road then ran over by a car
4. swam with them in swimming pool (countless times)
5. washed them (they got left in my pockets)

Since i got the implant,

1. drenched in sea water when I was racing on boat, Didn't have a single moment to take them off. Stuck it in dri and store, it was fine next day!

2. flew off my ears when i was on zip wire and nearly lost it in big pile of damp wood chips.

3. dropped them many times on slabs.

Boy do I feel better!! Lol he's had them 2 years and this is really the first time I've done anything to them... I just hope they're fixable by Tuesday AM...

do you have a freecycle website in your area? You can post an ad stating you need new HA's.

Seriously? Have you ever gotten any that way?

yes.

Making a very long story short (I will explain all the details later).

I had my HA's intentionally broken by a mean person. I was able to replace them by using freecycle.

Just for your information, when Miss Kat was really young we took her hearing aids out more, but the older she got, the more we just left them in. A bouncehouse, playplace, etc, just leave them in, they never have fallen out o us and it is easier than having to keep track of them!

Never had my ha or CI ran over by a vehicle but I'm thinking Rain needs to be ran over if he dont hush in the other thread!:naughty:

Never had my ha or CI ran over by a vehicle but I'm thinking Rain needs to be ran over if he dont hush in the other thread!:naughty:

:lol:

Anyways I don't think I ever ran over my ha's. But interesting car-related story (to me anyway :) ) is that I was in a car accident when I was 17 because of a seizure. When the paramedics came, my door was so smashed in but the window had shattered, so they took me out via the window. During that process my HAs fell out (paramedics didn't know I was wearing any, not their fault at all!) I was okay but after getting home from the hospital we went back to look for the HAs but there was so much snow cover we couldn't find them. Went back to the accident site a few months later after the snow melted and found them, can you believe they STILL worked !! :lol:

:lol:

Anyways I don't think I ever ran over my ha's. But interesting car-related story (to me anyway :) ) is that I was in a car accident when I was 17 because of a seizure. When the paramedics came, my door was so smashed in but the window had shattered, so they took me out via the window. During that process my HAs fell out (paramedics didn't know I was wearing any, not their fault at all!) I was okay but after getting home from the hospital we went back to look for the HAs but there was so much snow cover we couldn't find them. Went back to the accident site a few months later after the snow melted and found them, can you believe they STILL worked !! :lol:

You are supposed to tell us the brand in that case!

Back