Whitney Houston is Dead

or online.

my doctor simply put up "online prescription" and then pharmacist can see it. this is also part of Obamacare.

E-scripts or online scripts have been around before Obama. :)

They'll reveal the cause of death sometimes soon. Heart attack is a possibility too as well. Women are at a higher risk of suffering cardiac arrest compared to the men.

In regards to addiction, yes. And incidentally, many legal drugs pose just as much if not more of a danger than some illegal substances. For example, morphine, a legal drug is far more addictive and will make you far more impaired than say, marijuana.

Abuse of substances is abuse of substances, no matter if they are legal or not. Addiction is addiction, no matter if what the person is addicted to is legal or not. It's the addiction itself, not the actual substance that poses the greatest problem.

That is what I said before. Abuse is abuse, no matter if they are legal or not. So why make it worst, by legallizing drugs. Rehabilitation is what they need.

Whitney possibly died of legal drugs that were obtained by her doctors. She made a choice to mix or Overdose on the drugs. How would have legalizing drugs prevented that? That is what I do not get. Everyone using Whitneys death, and saying it could have been prevented if drugs were legalized. Which to me is a bunch of Bullshit.

That is what I said before. Abuse is abuse, no matter if they are legal or not. So why make it worst, by legallizing drugs. Rehabilitation is what they need.

Whitney possibly died of legal drugs that were obtained by her doctors. She made a choice to mix or Overdose on the drugs. How would have legalizing drugs prevented that? That is what I do not get. Everyone using Whitneys death, and saying it could have been prevented if drugs were legalized. Which to me is a bunch of Bullshit.

Whitney abused, asides from illegal drugs such as cocaine, prescription drugs, which are legal. It's not such a cut and dry matter.

Also, legalization of marijuana means less crime. As long as some drugs like Marijuana remains illegal, the US government is losing billions every year fighting the crime syndicates who sell marijuana. If this were legalized, it can be monitored, regulated and taxed and there would be no more threats of huge crime syndicates ranging from the Mafia, to Hell's Angels to many South American crime syndicates, the crime would go way down, as well as violence.

I do agree that some drugs which are very dangerous i.e. cocaine should not be legalized at all.

I'm not aware of any loopholes but I'm sure there is some illegal scheme to get around with it. What I do know is that since Schedule III drugs are strictly regulated, you'll need to record it in computer - who receives what.

Obviously - this won't work out well for celebrity addicts since it would be too easy to get red-flagged. Also I can't imagine it would be easy to get a certain amount of Schedule III drugs in certain time without raising suspicion.

I should ask some of my friends about this when I see them. They're pharmacists and doctors.

In the state of Florida I know scheduled medication is tightly regulated, It has to be logged in the Florida system so people can not doctor shop for more drugs than prescribed to them. Another words they can not go to another doctor and get the same scheduled drug take it to a pharmacy with out it being flagged that the person already picked it up at another pharmacy by another doctor Rx. So therefore he gets flagged and caught doctor shopping for narcotics.

I also know that doctors can no longer "call in a Rx" It must be E-scripted, faxed or handwritten. In the state of Florida.

We even had a Pharmacist arrested a few months back for taking medication from his own pharmacy he had. All controlled substances must be accounted for and logged.

Now about the privacy of people. I never heard of people getting prescriptions under false names.

Any Sceduled drug the pharmacy orders has to fill out a DEA order form for that drug. Each drug that is dispense, disposed of, or returned is also logged with the DEA.

Whitney abused, asides from illegal drugs such as cocaine, prescription drugs, which are legal. It's not such a cut and dry matter.

Also, legalization of marijuana means less crime. As long as some drugs like Marijuana remains illegal, the US government is losing billions every year fighting the crime syndicates who sell marijuana. If this were legalized, it can be monitored, regulated and taxed and there would be no more threats of huge crime syndicates ranging from the Mafia, to Hell's Angels to many South American crime syndicates, the crime would go way down, as well as violence.

I do agree that some drugs which are very dangerous i.e. cocaine should not be legalized at all.

I agree it is not no all cut and dry. Legalizing still would not prevented her addiction nor her death. It is sad really...to see people using Whitney as an example to legalize drugs.

precisely!

alcohol and prescription drugs are addictive and destructive. marijuana? nope. why criminalize a natural substance that is known to alleviate pain and suffering without side effects and addiction that pharmaceutical drugs can't? this is mind-boggling to me.

I agree that marijuana can be great for pain reliever. But it does have side effects just like any other drug. It also has long term side effects as well just like smoking cigarettes.

Marijuana also impairs ones ability.

Some people also have bad reactions to marijuana.

Marijuna like alcohol is addictive and can be destructive.

For anyone to think differently is obviously not thinking straight.

I do agree that Marijuana can be benificial for people that are terminally ill or in cronic pain.

I agree that marijuana can be great for pain reliever. But it does have side effects just like any other drug. It also has long term side effects as well just like smoking cigarettes.

I do agree that Marijuana can be benificial for people that are terminally ill or in cronic pain.

Ummm, that is incorrect.

Marijuana is very much misunderstood.

If you wish, you can watch this documentary one day, as well as the film "The Union":
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Md2WNqqxTQ&feature=BFa&list=HL1329152552&lf=mh_lolz]Medical Cannabis and Its Impact on Human Health a Cannabis Documentary - YouTube[/ame]

...Also, legalization of marijuana means less crime. As long as some drugs like Marijuana remains illegal, the US government is losing billions every year fighting the crime syndicates who sell marijuana. If this were legalized, it can be monitored, regulated and taxed and there would be no more threats of huge crime syndicates ranging from the Mafia, to Hell's Angels to many South American crime syndicates, the crime would go way down, as well as violence....
If marijuana was legalized so it could be "monitored, regulated and taxed" as a prescription drug for medicinal use only, I would have no problem with that.

You are much more likely to die from smoking cigarettes and/or cigarettes' side effects than from marijuana.

so do smoking and drinking but marijuana is the least destructive one in the group. far too many people killed or were killed by booze.

yea well some people have bad reactions to just about anything.

You will not find a single medical association to back your claim.

yes and also bunch others.

If marijuana was legalized so it could be "monitored, regulated and taxed" as a prescription drug for medicinal use only, I would have no problem with that.

it's doing fine in California.

it's already worst by criminalizing marijuana. it has already cost us tons of billions of dollars and senseless deaths from drug war on our turfs.

Many celebrities take powerful medications just to relax and they take enough to kill probably 3 of me. And then many of them die from overdose in the end.

But this is a fact - you cannot overdose on marijuana. it's just not possible even if you tried. By criminalizing marijuana, people resort to pharmaceutical drugs that are very dangerous and addictive.

and used in a safe environment, like the privacy of a home...
not a fan of the use of any substance while driving...

free the weed :cool2:

Ummm, that is incorrect.

People driving high just like driving drunk causes accidents. That is not destructive to you??

People wasting money on Marijuana instead of paying bills is not destructive to you??

It may not be as addictive as other drugs, but it is still addictive.

and used in a safe environment, like the privacy of a home...
not a fan of the use of any substance while driving...
Like DC posted, it would be regulated and monitored. Just like other prescription drugs that warn against driving or operating dangerous equipment while using, marijuana would come with the same warning. Even on prescription drugs, drivers can be arrested for driving impaired.

Back