Which is best dsl or cable?

I am switch to RoadRunner in November I have SBC/Yahoo now and it work suck!

I have used both with my VP. I got cable because my installer told me it would work better and clearer. But the cable company stank and was too busy for this area, so I went back to DSL. It depends on your area. If you live out in the toolies you might have to experiment. Most people I know who have VP use Comcast, but we do not have that here. :(

DSL sucks here too! I like RoadRunner (Cable) and it seemed smooth. Once a while we get heavy traffic which that's normal on weekend. I don't complain! LOL!

DSL sucks here too! I like RoadRunner (Cable) and it seemed smooth. Once a while we get heavy traffic which that's normal on weekend. I don't complain! LOL!

Oh, RoadRunner sound good! I am getting RoadRunner from Time Warner Cable Company in November but I am under Adelphia. And company change name to Time Warner Cable now. I am wonder if I can get High Speed early then wait until November then they will change Cable will that work?

I dont know...you could call and find out?
Oh, RoadRunner sound good! I am getting RoadRunner from Time Warner Cable Company in November but I am under Adelphia. And company change name to Time Warner Cable now. I am wonder if I can get High Speed early then wait until November then they will change Cable will that work?

I am looking for a good price for DSL. My sister does not have an underground wire for cable on her farm.

The Verizon with Yahoo DSL modem cost $15 per month for one year only one time. I am not so sure about it.

If you say that a cable is better, would a cable company install underground wire for free?

I think cable is better because I know it's pretty fast. I don't know about DSL because I never used one in my life.

Hey! I got Adelphia two week ago! And it worked fine. Now I am waiting for Adelphia switch to RoadRunner on November 8th!

Interesting reading here! In other state where I used to live, I had Verizon Yahoo which was 256 speed. It worked fast and very clearly with VP. Then I moved here and it doesn't have that company here at that time so I have used telephone company by West River Communications with DSL 512 speed. It doesn't seem any faster then what I had before plus NOT clearly with VP at all. Alot of problem with it. So I checked my TV cable company, Midcontinent Communications and they offers internet cable with 256 speed with upload speed 256Kbps and up to 8Mbps download speed. I'm wondering does anyone have Midcontinent Communications experience???

Free? It depends on your neighborhood. If it is underground, and your house isn't too far from driveway yea. But if your talking about normal aerial neighborhood area, there won't be any chance to get it underground for free. It is NOT cheap to dig underground!!! I know because I used to be contractor.
Not anymore, I am now retired from BS hearing world.

If you say that a cable is better, would a cable company install underground wire for free?

There is pro and cons on both cable and DSL, It all depends. If you got too many neighborhoods, or live in apartment complex, then DSL may be better choice, because your gonna share bandwidth with the rest of neighborhoods on same cable. COmparing to DSL, you get your own line connected to central switch.

The truth is, not many people aware of what is difference between these two speeds that these ISP offers. For example, my roadrunner offers 5MBPS download and 395KBPS upload. This is really SUCKS!!! I really don't care about download speed! All I care is about upload speed, 395kbps? come on!!!! They could have done better than that!

There is pro and cons on both cable and DSL, It all depends. If you got too many neighborhoods, or live in apartment complex, then DSL may be better choice, because your gonna share bandwidth with the rest of neighborhoods on same cable. COmparing to DSL, you get your own line connected to central switch.

The truth is, not many people aware of what is difference between these two speeds that these ISP offers. For example, my roadrunner offers 5MBPS download and 395KBPS upload. This is really SUCKS!!! I really don't care about download speed! All I care is about upload speed, 395kbps? come on!!!! They could have done better than that!

I see what you mean. Thanks for response to my puzzle thingy. The other state I used to live has alot of neighborhoods there. But here is "out of nowhere" almost .. ha no wonder. I think I will go for cable soon because of so much problem with VP anyway. There is no other choice for provide in my area.

Yea, :) If you have trouble set up VP, call Sorenson or contact me, either way. :)

I see what you mean. Thanks for response to my puzzle thingy. The other state I used to live has alot of neighborhoods there. But here is "out of nowhere" almost .. ha no wonder. I think I will go for cable soon because of so much problem with VP anyway. There is no other choice for provide in my area.

FYI, I have gotten several contacts regard to DSL and plm with VP lately! Problem I see is that many of them got DSL router, and still hook up with one of old router that they have with other ISP provider. This has causing problem. Remember the rule, only ONE router can be installed in each public IP address. Often ISP assigned you one IP address and if you got DSLrouter, then DSL router would assign private address, and the router that you have previously WILL crash the DSLrouter! So, either remove the old router, and replace it with switch, OR disable routing feature in DSLrouter and keep the old router. But can't have both running at same time. :)

Back