Which Hearing Aid Company Should I prefer?

nasif123

Reaction score
:wave:
I went to five different audiologist and got tested with different aids from four companies; siemens, rexton, phonak, widex. I really don't see any difference in hearing among the four company and all the test were done in a quiet room. All are four channels. Among the four companies which one should I select? I just want to know member's experiences with hearing aid from different companies.

if you hear the same with all of them, id go for a balance of price and warranty. However, i would guess that if you actually wore them for a while you would notice a difference. Are they BTEs? Maybe you could give us the model names?
*EQL*

See if you can trial different the hearing aids for a few weeks, then you can decide which one you think works best for you. All a matter of preference and getting the best possible results for your hearing loss. If you truly don't notice any difference with any of the hearing aids, consider the costs, reliability, etc.

I agree with what everyone is telling you. Wearing them in a quiet room will tell you nothing except that they work. You need to be able to test drive each pair outside for a couple of weeks before you can make any kind of determination.

if you hear the same with all of them, id go for a balance of price and warranty. However, i would guess that if you actually wore them for a while you would notice a difference. Are they BTEs? Maybe you could give us the model names?
*EQL*

PHONAK MAXX 22 (six channels), SIEMENS INTUIS CIC (4 channels), Widex REAL RE-CIC (3 channels), REXTON Targa PLUS ( 3 channels I guess, can't remember :roll:)

Sorry that I wrote that all of them are 4 channels on the first post...

you're a moderate Hard of hearing.I wouldn't know which to recommend because I'm in the between severe and profound level. I have always used Phonak growing up because it was powerful enough for me.

Your hearing loss is a little less than what mine was just over a year ago. I was in a Starkey product that was designed for moderate/moderate severe loss. Its really hard for any of us to tell you what you should use. Each of us usually use the same kind or brand of hearing aids. I went from one Starkey to another one that was stronger for the loss I have. It just kind of depends on what you want and what your Audi recommends for you. Some will say Phonak is the best, some will say Siemens is the best, and I like mine. Hope you decide on what you want..

Back