Which AD'er are you wondering about?

FB doesn't have the same format. It is very hard to follow threads and the mail you get is astronomical.

As I understand it, the last exodus was only the latest. Before my time, as Kokonut pointed out, there had been other exoduses.

I think the reason the site was so active before is that we had a pretty much an even mount of opposing views. In fact, I think there were less middle of the road members at that time. When you get that type of population(no different than in our government), you are going to get a lot of hot button issues due to opposing views.

To the site's credit, there are a lot of new members since that time.
I wouldn't like a FB format.

FB format wont let me go up to the orgibal of post. it keeps kicking me out and go back to the last post. RME

ah...
Right. That whole, when moses.was in pharoe land thing....
Cool
Let my people gooooo
Got it

ah...
Right. That whole, when moses.was in pharoe land thing....
Cool
Let my people gooooo
Got it

You mean you wanted to know even if you weren't here yet?

In a nutshell, lots of hearing parents propagandizing for CI for kids as young as possible.

Deaf people taking a different stand. Got very nasty with the hearing parents even chasing the Deaf people around on Facebook, threatening to ruin their lives and have their jobs taken away.

Here, many people banned, mostly Deaf. That became quite a source of bitterness.

Enough info?

Wow...
I knew all that,ripples were still bieng felt when i was born here...
Thanks for the info
heres a hug just because...

Oh it is.... you're not kidding. Since the exodus it has been barely hanging on....Very sad.
It's true of many forums- I've been a member of at least two forums since 2004 and both are on the decline sadly- one more obvious than the other. Others I've noticed less participation (related to an Online Riddle/game I play).

A real bummer but in the age of progression it happens...

In a nutshell, lots of hearing parents propagandizing for CI for kids as young as possible.

Deaf people taking a different stand. Got very nasty with the hearing parents even chasing the Deaf people around on Facebook, threatening to ruin their lives and have their jobs taken away.

Here, many people banned, mostly Deaf. That became quite a source of bitterness.

Enough info?

Which I thought was wrong. Let them fight/disagree. After all this forum is call "alldeaf".

It wasn't just mostly Deaf that left. Plenty of middle of the road people were here at that time as well. This is why this thread keeps going.

The media platforms are changing even from FB to Instagram, but I think this format is the best for large conversations.

It wasn't just mostly Deaf that left. Plenty of middle of the road people were here at that time as well. This is why this thread keeps going.

The media platforms are changing even from FB to Instagram, but I think this format is the best for large conversations.

I know many old Deaf peeps were here. Now I know a FEW ones here. Obviously Deaf peeps found their new path to be in. This forum is good for people whos losing their hearing mostly.

There are a lot of new questions about sign here, more than I see on other sites. I'm not seeing an end to anything at this point.

Enough info?

On the upside, thanks to FB we've found out that those hearing parents are complete extremeist whackos, and it wasn't just us! Actually with one person I think he was SO angry that his "perfect façade" was taken down that he just got REALLY angry. I think it's very possible he has narcisstic issues, and was BEYOND angry that we might have suggested there were issues behind that perfect façade.

FB doesn't have the same format. It is very hard to follow threads and the mail you get is astronomical.

As I understand it, the last exodus was only the latest. Before my time, as Kokonut pointed out, there had been other exoduses.

I think the reason the site was so active before is that we had a pretty much an even mount of opposing views. In fact, I think there were less middle of the road members at that time. When you get that type of population(no different than in our government), you are going to get a lot of hot button issues due to opposing views.

To the site's credit, there are a lot of new members since that time.

No, the thing is that the parent extremists were so extreme that we sounded extreme. That's why it didn't seem like there were a lot of middle of the road posters. There are VERY few "CI IS EVIL!" type of posters here. Most regulars here were very moderate.

Wow I just opened this thread... Had no idea that happened. Lol don't you guys leave. You keep this place interesting! :)

No, the thing is that the parent extremists were so extreme that we sounded extreme. That's why it didn't seem like there were a lot of middle of the road posters. There are VERY few "CI IS EVIL!" type of posters here. Most regulars here were very moderate.

you wont stop talking to the parents on FB lol.. who is the most annoying parent that does to you? :lol:

Back