Where's George?

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where's George - it's a site by some money hobbyist to create tracking system of where your dollar has been to. See below for an instruction that I created for you.

hvwdmq.jpg

I've used that site before for some of my money. So far, my money hasn't come up anywhere else. :dunno: :(

I don't understand.

i do know that you will be able to know the denomination of your dollar but will you be able to read serial number and bill series number of your dollar?

ah... then this will not work for you. The picture I just posted is an instruction on how to find serial number and bill series number on dollar in order to input the data online.

I entered one, but it was an initial entry. So it will be interesting to see if anyone else gets it.

ah... then this will not work for you. The picture I just posted is an instruction on how to find serial number and bill series number on dollar in order to input the data online.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of finding a serial number on a denomination? Is it to detect counterfeit money?

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of finding a serial number on a denomination? Is it to detect counterfeit money?

you know how Americans are. We love to put serial number on pretty much everything for record purpose. :D

the serial number is recorded and collected at each collecting place. some serial numbers are red-flagged by law enforcement.

The one's that are tracked most often normally have a red stamp saying "www.WheresGeorge.com". I wonder how many people touch the same dollar in a year's span. Money is so dirty, as a cashier nothing is worse than getting sweat soaked money straight from someone's back pocket!! :lol:

I use to do something silly,I would write my name on a dollar to see if it would come back to me :lol:

Basically, the website keeps track of the numbers that you put in.

If someone else comes upon those same numbers and import them online, the website will tell you where you money went.

Basically, the website keeps track of the numbers that you put in.

If someone else comes upon those same numbers and import them online, the website will tell you where you money went.

That's interesting. :ty: for the explanation Vampy. :)

Money is so dirty, as a cashier nothing is worse than getting sweat soaked money straight from someone's back pocket!! :lol:

The thought of where money has been is enough to repulse me. That's why I love getting crisp denominations from the bank. :cool2: What I usually do is inform the teller that an old denomination is too difficult for me to fold (which allows me to identify my money when I don't use the money identifier program on my computer), so I have them replaced with new bills.

you know how Americans are. We love to put serial number on pretty much everything for record purpose. :D

the serial number is recorded and collected at each collecting place. some serial numbers are red-flagged by law enforcement.

:ty: for the explanation Jiro. :)

Back