Where did AIDS come from?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most scientists believe that AIDS appears in Africa spreading through the United States in 1980 continue to spread by sexual contact, transfusions etc. Why do I keep on reading on AD that AIDS came from homosexuals? You and I know that isn't the fact, But why twisted the truth about where AIDS really come from and how it was informed? That's what I'm trying to understand here.

Discuss please but no bashing or off topic, Thank-you! ;)

I won't waste time discussing this with people who are so blind and can't handle the truth.

Cheri said:
Most scientists believe that AIDS appears in Africa spreading through the United States in 1980 continue to spread by sexual contact, transfusions etc. Why do I keep on reading on AD that AIDS came from homosexuals? You and I know that isn't the fact, But why twisted the truth about where AIDS really come from and how it was informed? That's what I'm trying to understand here.

Discuss please but no bashing or off topic, Thank-you! ;)

I believe it started in Africa since there are alot of whom have no dr that could treat and started spreading out. I am not sure if its true..
But if most women keep close their legs from having sex too much without protection

Still not truth coming out yet..

Still pointing finger and blame to....

No difference.. *sigh*

Have any of you seen the movie called "And the Band Played On"? It was shown on HBO in 1993. The story in the movie tells how AIDS was started and where it came from.

I'm glad you brought this up because couple of years ago my son has a school project about AIDS and No one knows for sure where AIDS comes from, Scientists have different theories and they do have a good idea of how it spread and how it is spreading over the world....

Facts About AIDS/HIV

-Approximately 700,000 to 900,000 Americans are currently infected with HIV. With 40,000 new infections each year, that is one new infection every 13 minutes.

- Worldwide, in 1999, 5.6 million people were newly infected with HIV.

-The number of U. S. teenagers infected with HIV doubles every 14 months-worldwide, half of all new infections occur in persons between the ages of 15 to 19 years old.

-Worldwide, 35 million people have been infected and 5 million have developed AIDS.

-The number of AIDS cases among women in the U. S. doubles every one to two years.

-AIDS is the leading cause of death for all African Americans between the ages of 25 to 44.

-African American and Hispanic women together account for more than 77% of AIDS cases reported among women, yet represent less than one-fourth of the total female population in the U.S.

-In Louisiana, there have been more than 18,899 individuals infected with HIV. Of those, 11,747 are still living. More than half of those reported cases are in the Metro New Orleans area.

-Minorities, primarily African Americans and Hispanics, now account for some 54% of the more than 5,000,000 cases of AIDS reported since the epidemic began in 1981.

-The disease shows no sign of ending and no cure is at hand.

Facts

HIV was on monkeys but not AIDS, Humans get HIV and AIDS. When people in Africa handle monkey who is infected with HIV, by killing it to eat goes in their blood system, that's how they got HIV too.

But, they don't get it only by sex, They get it such as blood transfusion from an infected person to a healthy person, sexual intercourse between infected person to a healthy person. ;)

The*Empress said:
I won't waste time discussing this with people who are so blind and can't handle the truth.

:confused: If you do not want to discuss this topic then ignore it, simple...

Thanks ^Angel^ for including some facts that you listed above! :hug: Some of you got good inputs too. Thanks!

ButterflyGirl said:
Have any of you seen the movie called "And the Band Played On"? It was shown on HBO in 1993. The story in the movie tells how AIDS was started and where it came from.

also, "Pittsburgh" and Ryan White movies... Ryan White is the first younger boy in the usa. It was very educational for the teenager kids at school.

Well HIV / AIDS spread by sharing same needle herion.

I know some clients of mine who had those experience. It developed HIV then AIDS within between 2 to 3 yrs.

The new medication helps them alive much longer. Excerise and eat healthy food.

Kalista said:
also, "Pittsburgh" and Ryan White movies... Ryan White is the first younger boy in the usa. It was very educational for the teenager kids at school.

Well HIV / AIDS spread by sharing same needle herion.

I know some clients of mine who had those experience. It developed HIV then AIDS within between 2 to 3 yrs.

Thats right, also I remmy Starkey whose wife and daughter died from it from something, right?

PurrMeow said:
Eh? who are u referring to ?
All over peoples...

which one do you expecting blamed to... Africa or homosexual or diease transimated coming from drawn blood.. how how ? So many different issues..

As for me, I cannot being blamed anyone..
People should know better than that..
doesn't need blame anyone who started first person then spread it out .. Is that related that person coming from caused it ? No..

So many different kinds of HIV coming from... growth..

For likely example
SARS who fault.. china..
Right!
So many different diease spread uncalled came it up on.. WOW RARE..

Have you seen the T.V. One of kind wow.. so so so RARE..
unexpect genetic shows werid kinds..

Is that fault being blamed ? No..

As long They want education to you and let everyone know.. what kinds new diease or symptons... Important Educate them... every month or year.. doesn't matter...

How can you explain them? If you knew.. so can you explain here..
Go Ahead!...

Cheri said:
HIV was on monkeys but not AIDS, Humans get HIV and AIDS. When people in Africa handle monkey who is infected with HIV, by killing it to eat goes in their blood system, that's how they got HIV too.

But, they don't get it only by sex, They get it such as blood transfusion from an infected person to a healthy person, sexual intercourse between infected person to a healthy person. ;)
Are you mixed up with 'ebola'? That's monekys' dieases that people caught and died in a horrible bloody death.
oh, never mind.. did more researches on internet and found a link regarding monkey with aids.. http://www.thebody.com/wa/spring98/begin.html

EyesBlueDeaf said:
Are you mixed up with 'ebola'? That's monekys' dieases that people caught and died in a horrible bloody death.
oh, never mind.. did more researches on internet and found a link regarding monkey with aids.. http://www.thebody.com/wa/spring98/begin.html

Monkeys don't have AIDS, They have HIV, People have HIV turns into AIDS. ;)

Cheri said:
Monkeys don't have AIDS, They have HIV, People have HIV turns into AIDS. ;)

I remember, the story about monkey related to biting human in around 1972's It was occurred in Africa.

My sister's cat has AIDS, the cat got biting from other animal. Her cat is struggled to survive with special medication. :(

errr um.. Okay
How's about your concern issues mosquites bit you from other people already biten.. ?

Is possible cause you aids coming from mosquites fault?

Back