Where are you from?

Ahh lol. I completely understand the "it's not home" feeling. That's me- I haven't found my 'home' yet even though everyone (at least my family) seems to think THIS is my home.... errr.... I love 'em but no.. doesn't feel like home (I grew up in another state and even there while it's my childhood home.. not quite my adult home either).

As most say round here "Ah come fae a wee toon scoatland, in the united kingdom, ken."

Translation: "I come from a small town in Scotland, in the United Kingdom, you know it?"

:rofl:

I an from Nova Scotia, Canada. People can tel from my accent in sign language.

Where in Nova Scotia you from?
I know Halifax really well. Stayed in Dartmouth for a time rightacrossthe navy base.

I know dal good too

And Cape Breton :)

Where in Nova Scotia you from?
I know Halifax really well. Stayed in Dartmouth for a time rightacrossthe navy base.

I know dal good too

And Cape Breton :)

I grew up between Gold River First Nations Reserve and Martins River but live in Dartmouth currently. I like it.

Ha.. Wicked. Wicked
I liked Dartmouth
Had some good times there. Some rough rooming houses that way

That's a badass bridge to stagger across in the fog girl.
Phew

Been a Californian over half of my life now.......

The Backwoods of North Carolina....dirt roads, well water and outdoor johns....wood stoves, feather beds and fireplaces....

Prob moonshine too......
Oh yeah...fergot about the moonshine...my dad was a moonshiner with a stil right across in the woods from our old, ramshackled house....winter was a bitch as the house was very high off the ground and swayed to the right....LOL..we itched our feet on the front porch (wood)...and if you were not careful, you'd fall in as the wood was too rotten...dirt poor...we were....no car...horse & buggy....ate off the land and whatever my dad could shoot.

Ah the good life...
The Mosquitos must of sucked too I imagine...
Do you get any black flies down there?
Those bastards!!!!!
I've faced hungry swarm clouds of those hungry bastards coming for the juice of my eyes.........

Don't recall about the black flies...the 'skeeters were pretty bad tho'....and with no electricity we used oil lamps...no heat or air...fireplace and waiting on a "cool breeze" was heaven....Sometimes I do wonder how we and my siblings survived living the way we did....LOL...sure made me so thankful of what I have and have accomplished today....and to this day...I often say..."Thank God for my bathroom!"...(not having to use the outdoor john with all those spiders and critters in there).....Nasty....

Know what you mean....I've doe. My fair share of camping...and loooooooong bike treks...

Back