What's the pro and con for New Model (2004) in Advance Bionic CI

azsoftball

Reaction score
My wife had CI in 1998 and she had Advance Bionic (Model Platinum). I see that it made big different for her compared to her old hearing aids. Only negative things for her is that the battery only last 3 hours per charge (Behind ear CI). I am thinking about CI this fall, so my question for those who have CI this year (2004) with Advance Bionic model is, what is your Pro and Con about these brand? It would help me clear my mind. -Richard

azsoftball said:
My wife had CI in 1998 and she had Advance Bionic (Model Platinum). I see that it made big different for her compared to her old hearing aids. Only negative things for her is that the battery only last 3 hours per charge (Behind ear CI). I am thinking about CI this fall, so my question for those who have CI this year (2004) with Advance Bionic model is, what is your Pro and Con about these brand? It would help me clear my mind. -Richard

I recent got surgery July 15 and recieve this Advance Bionic two weeks ago. From what I understand that battery last 5 or 6 hours for Slim Battery for BTE. They have big battery that last 8 to 12 hours. The recharge-able that turn out be ready at least 1 hours. I am happy with it but negative is headset keep fell down. They are order for magnet to get headset piece stay on my head. However; the stronger magnet is current out of order due high demand.

They implant is different than what your wife recieved in 1998. Overall that I am happy with it.

Back