Whats the Best Hearing Aid For Someone Who Sweats A lot?

Doug5

Reaction score
I sweat like a pig and its ruins my ha. Also, Im gonna be sweating more when I move out to AZ.

Is there any ha out there that can handle heavy perspiration? I am willing to sacrifice performance for durability.

I saw this ad about Super Seals for the hearing aid years ago. It is like those latex gloves. It stretches over the hearing aid so to protect it from rain. I never tried them so I don't know how it was.

Super Seals
Hearing Aid Accessories

thanks for the link Buffalo. Might be something to try, cheaper than buying a new ha

I saw this ad about Super Seals for the hearing aid years ago. It is like those latex gloves. It stretches over the hearing aid so to protect it from rain. I never tried them so I don't know how it was.

Super Seals
Hearing Aid Accessories

That what I was thinking of too. I cannot comment on effectiveness of them because I never used yet. I am in lot of situation of sweating badly, but it doesn't bother me beyond just mild noticings. I do get fightened at heavy rainstorms and WATER RIDES at the amusement parks I frequent. Then I just brink my case and then put them in a safety cover or simply dont bring.
I do get condensation moisture build up in my tubing, but I try to maintain diligence with cleaning them for durabiliy and my benefit as well. That sure would be cool 4 having a full waterproof HA.

Doug5 I would hypothesize though that the level of annoyence this topic brings you would be less when compared to the Southeast US and the intence heat with humidity. Whenever I goes back to Georgia I do have significant changes wth my HA performance and have to put in special dehumidifier every night in order to improve performence and endurability. I try and clean my canals from cerumen, as well as inspect each HA in morning to see if any cleaning or small adjustments to make.

Good Luck with this- and I know fo sure there are ample supplies of members here who will give you better pointers than I. Deafdyke is a real HA guro and you should PM and maybe colaborate a little and find some grounds that will give you answers and assistance.;)

I sweat like a pig and its ruins my ha. Also, Im gonna be sweating more when I move out to AZ.

Is there any ha out there that can handle heavy perspiration? I am willing to sacrifice performance for durability.

The best is Hearing Aid Safety Device to Cover, Protect, & Prevent Loss of Children's Hearing Aids! please check it out. I am sure you will love it! It's such better than other sweat gear. You can pick a color you want. :) You should read everyone's stories about gear ears. It's helpful! It's good for all ages! I hope you get it.

Just don't wear your hearing aids when you plan on sweating. If you're going to mow the lawn or exercise, take your hearing aid off.

Yeah, I dont wear the ha during strengous activity but I sweat alot during normal activity. The ha will be covered in sweat.

To be honest Im not crazy about the rubber boots for covering the ha.

You pay thousands of dollars for hearing aids and to protect it from moisture they tell you to use some cheezy one size fits all piece of rubber that interferes with the switches and volume control.

The thing that bothers me, is hearing aid makers know that the enviroment for hearing aids is gonna be moist, wet with salty corrosive sweat. Yet the put the responsibility of protecting the hearing aid from moisture on the user. I call bullshit.

Thats like a car makers designing windshield wipers that work best when its not raining out. Some of you may think Im being harsh on the makers of hearing aids, but for 5grand you pay for a decent pair is it really unreasonable to ask for ha to be immune to sweat?

To be honest Im not crazy about the rubber boots for covering the ha.

You pay thousands of dollars for hearing aids and to protect it from moisture they tell you to use some cheezy one size fits all piece of rubber that interferes with the switches and volume control.

The thing that bothers me, is hearing aid makers know that the enviroment for hearing aids is gonna be moist, wet with salty corrosive sweat. Yet the put the responsibility of protecting the hearing aid from moisture on the user. I call bullshit.

Thats like a car makers designing windshield wipers that work best when its not raining out. Some of you may think Im being harsh on the makers of hearing aids, but for 5grand you pay for a decent pair is it really unreasonable to ask for ha to be immune to sweat?

:topic: what makes sweat corrosive??? :hmm:

sweat contains water and salt. Its just like saltwater that causes metal to rust. Or when they salt the streets to melt the snow and it causes cars to rust out.

Hey Doug, You didn't read my message what I offered you. It's your decide. Gear for ears will not stick the sweat. You should to read everyone's comments about this link. Go check it out please. Hearing Aid Safety Device to Cover, Protect, & Prevent Loss of Children's Hearing Aids!

The best is Hearing Aid Safety Device to Cover, Protect, & Prevent Loss of Children's Hearing Aids! please check it out. I am sure you will love it! It's such better than other sweat gear. You can pick a color you want. :) You should read everyone's stories about gear ears. It's helpful! It's good for all ages! I hope you get it.

Yeah, I dont wear the ha during strengous activity but I sweat alot during normal activity. The ha will be covered in sweat.
Well, hearing aids are very sensitive technological devices. It's nearly impossible to make them waterproof or sweatproof. All hearing aids require some kind of opening for sound to come in. With that kind of opening, anything else can get in... including water and sweat.

So, there's not really anything I can say to help.

You could get an ITE hearing aid. That way, you only sweat behind the ears and not in the ears.

Other than that, you might as well not wear hearing aids at all. ;)

I have a BTE hearing aid. I usually wear it when I'm working or sitting around the house. If I'm not really using it (not listening to music, not watching DVDs, not expecting any sounds), then I don't wear it at all. :)

I have a BTE hearing aid. I usually wear it when I'm working or sitting around the house. If I'm not really using it (not listening to music, not watching DVDs, not expecting any sounds), then I don't wear it at all. :)

I leave my hearing aids out most of time to make them last longer. I am at home most of time with my books, tv, and laptop. No need to wear hearing aids at home except when expecting somebody and talking to visitors.

Back