Whats so wrong with CI????

ideafspy said:
Speaking about the 'slap'.

If your child has rotten their teeth and their need be in fix as such teeth implant. So is that sound such slap the population of rotten teeth? It expressive the beaut white teeth.

Second, if person is blind and want to be see. Is that still count as slap who is prouding be blind population? It expressive the color of world.

Respect others? How can be respect if they have the facts as result?

teeth implant at earlier ages is not possible... The children received the teeth brace from 11 years old, not babies to toddler...

I have been met met blind people... They also are proud themselves to being blind... They can´t imagine that I also am proud to be deaf... I ask them why? They said that hear bird music, hear everything are beautiful... than see color... The hear for them are most beautiful but I told them that it´s beautiful to see color world... I prefer to see than hear... Logical, the blind people grow up to love what they are... It´s okay if they want to see color world then do operation but not do at babies because it´s very risk...
You will be surprise when you met blind people & will love them for that... They didn´t being sorry themselves but happy...

Liebling:-))) said:
Well, I´m mother of 2 hearing sons & know an exactly how edcuation my children & also conercn their feeling, too....

Some of you think it´s not possible to deal with a seven year old?

You have taken what was said out of context. We did not say it is not possible to deal with a seven year old, we said " have you dealt with a seven year old?"

This is a big difference and if you had, you would understand our comments. Yes children from seven have feelings and know what they want but they follow what their parents tell them is right. If you were telling me 13 or 14 I would believe you as they argue that their parents are wrong in everything!!!!.

My answer: YES, the children from 7 years old have the feeling & know what they want... Sure, we (parents) give them education what/why we think it´s best WITHOUT force them do something what they don´t want because their happiness are the most important to us..... With dentals, doctors, school etc appointments is a different story.

Example of all is my 8 years old son who have floppy ear reject to have an operation to improve his ears. Should I ignore him & get him to Surgery to improve his ears because he´s too little to understand? My answer: NO! The children know an exactly what they want or not... Of course I explained him why I think it´s good for him but I respect his wish...

Cosmetic surgery, no help to your sons future. Your choice as an adult/parent.

I beleive is: give a child upbringing/education limit to right path & also support is belong parent´s job WITHOUT change/choose their babies´s bodies or anything what they want. To change or choose are not belong upbring/education limit or parent´s decision because it´s THEIR bodies, they choose to change with their parents´s support.

If it was life threatening would you change your mind????

I´m not choose anything to give the children the food, clothes etc what I want because they have the different taste than me. Do you think that the children rely on their parents for everything from meals to clothes etc? My Answer: NO because there´re influence everywhere in the school, friends, family etc... That´s how they (children) learn/collect what they like to eat or have the taste with clothes through influence from everywhere... Some of the children have the different opinion than their parents because they like somewhere better...

If I gave my children choice of food, we would eat McDonalds every night. It is my responsibility as a parent to make sure they eat nutritious food which is important for their growth and future health. It is one of those small decisions I have to make as a parent every day. Clothing, lets not go there!!!!!

I disagree most is...
The parents let their babies to toddler to surgery to change their bodies because they don´t like their babies´s bodies. It´s mean that the parents didn´t accept what the god give their children like this

Please explain this to a parent whose child has a hole in their heart and is going to die without life saving surgery to change their body.

Train them to speak because they think CI make them hear like hearing world. I would like to remind you that CI can´t make you hear like hearing because you are still deaf...

No one claimed this except anti C.I. We know they are still deaf.

I would like to remind you all that prosthetic arm or leg are NOT an implant like CI... The prothetic arm & leg are the same as hearing aid, glass etc. I would wear my children with prosthetic arm or leg like I would wear them with hearing aid straight way to improve their skills WITHOUT operation...

Correct me if I am wrong. C.I. is just a fancy hearing aid for people that normal hearing aids don't work for. So you would give them one type of hearing aid but not another???? Interesting!!! If glasses failed would you try again or give up?????

My husband is oral all of his life .. he is profoundly deaf like me. Most people said his speech is good but they weren´t realized how unhappy he was because he feel being under the pressure/ask too much due his parents´s decision. During his childhood, he learn all is how to speak all the time... he´s too tired of it.. He has no good relationship with his parents for that because he had the feeling that they are still not accept what he is. It put him total off when his parents told him that they would of implant him straight way when they learn the new better one than hearing aid. It´s stress for him to watch his teacher´s lip all the time. He feel more relax to use DGS (German sign language).

As you see what my husband suffered... You can´t expect that children can speak prefect like hearing with the help from CI but their education would be great only if they are WILLING to learn what they really want... like what I´m willing LEARN how to speak/understand/read Germans... without CI.

My opinion is:
Accept what my children are because I love them what they are.
Give the children love & attention
Enjoy to watch them grow up without get them to speech therapy...
Let them enjoy their fun first until their first school then it´s is a different story.

Everyone loves their children and we accept them for what they are and give them the love and attention they deserve but I will still do the best I can for my children for their future whether it be tutors, operations, hearing aids, glasses, C.I. Sorry I can't seperate them!!!!! My children will have the best.

I would of agree to have my hearing sons to get CI straight way when they become deaf tomorrow because they grow up knowing hearing world (only if they want it)

Well, it´s not late for the children from 7 years old to teenagers learn their speech development or anything if they want to have CI later since they already wear hearing aid an earlier....The children without CI CAN learn to speak if they are WILLING do it.
Look at my friend wore hearing aid when she was 6 months old. She can speak like HOH... She CAN choose to have CI if she really want to BUT she is happy with hearing aid.

I already met a 8 years old Deaf boy at Deaf Club with his parents last week. His parents is my good friend... Her opinion are the same as me.... I was total surprised that his son know what CI is & told me HIMSELF that he refused to have CI. Could you imagine how a 8 years old saying that? Like what I said an earlier that they (children) know EXACTLY because they have FEELING like adult...

His parents let his son to mix with CI, HOH & Deaf children... he grow up with them.... He has the feeling & don´t want to have CI. He said this to me HIMSELF...

The interpreter for the deaf told me the story what it put her off when she saw only 3 of 25 CI children at classroom are willing to learn speak or hear. She´s glad to listen deafie´s instead of doctor´s recommend for not implant her 8 years old deaf son (now he´s 18 years old). He thank his mother for not implant him...

I beleive the CI is suitable for deaf children to adults who are WILLING to learn to speak or hear or really want it.

Please listen CI people here BECAUSE they know through their OWN experience & their OWN feeling, not us. It´s not first time because I often received a lot of sad stories from CI people.

You seem to listen to only bad stories about C.I. We have heard more good than bad. It is the same with everything. There is always someone who will complain!!!

To me, I'm proud to being deaf. I won't let anyone to make negatives over Deaf.... Sure, I was being mocked by hearing world over deafness in the past but I didn´t change my babies´s body over that.. Remember it´s NOT only deaf, but many disablities & also nonsense things, they made fun of..., like blind, wheelchair, glasses, fat, skinny, color skin etc.etc.etc.
Well, my sons were upset & told us that they were mocked by schoolmates over us... Their teachers are agreed with me for give their pupils the information over the deafness etc... The children realized now & nice to us.... My sons told them that "yes, my parents are deaf but I love them & proud of them etc".

No one ever said don't be proud of yourself.

Do SOMETHING instead of being sorry yourself.. The children dislike you for that if you keep being sorry yourself. Stop being sorry yourself but think about positive about yourself... be proud yourself what you can acheive everything with your life...

*Bottom Line is Remember: I do NOT against CI...Its the CHILD ALONE that will make that choice! It has NOTHING to do about learning the technology but child´s CHOICE!....

I believe that if you were a responsible parent you would take responsibilty for you children until they were of age and you would make the best decisions possible for your childrens future. I am not feeling sorry for myself and I have been to my childrens schools many times to teach sign language. This is because my children have asked and it shows they are proud of me!!! Unfortunately I have read your posts and believe you are against C.I. which is your choice, please respect mine without criticism. I will do what I believe is best for our children.

I am a part time deaf mentor and assist deaf people when I can and my children are happy to help and learn about different cultures.

* * * shaking head * * * :ugh:

I didn´t point only you but others, I´m disagree with. I am allow to state what I have my opinion because I´m disagree WITHOUT insulation... Now you point me to here..... :wtf:

Red~Rum said:
You have taken what was said out of context. We did not say it is not possible to deal with a seven year old, we said " have you dealt with a seven year old?"

This is a big difference and if you had, you would understand our comments. Yes children from seven have feelings and know what they want but they follow what their parents tell them is right. If you were telling me 13 or 14 I would believe you as they argue that their parents are wrong in everything!!!!.

It BELONG upbring limit... WITHOUT change their body by surgery...what I stated an earlier... I think you disread me.
Of course I am mother to know exactly how to educate my children.
It´s parents´s job to bring the children up to right path like what I said an earlier...
It´s parents´s job to deal with teenagers WITHOUT force them to change their body...
We decided together to see why we´re disagree or agree when they want to change their body... example of all piercing their bodies, beauty comestic, surgery etc.

Cosmetic surgery, no help to your sons future. Your choice as an adult/parent.

No, I am not force to change my children´s body if they don´t want it. Leave my children´s choice because it´s his body. It would hurt his mind & soul if I choose to change his body... He will lost his respect for that. The doctor told me to leave it if he don´t want it... I sat with him & have a good talk. His answer is NO but I told him that I´ll be happy to support if he change his mind one day. Let them to learn their own experiences & will change their mind later...
Change their mind is better than force them to do something what they don´t want.

If it was life threatening would you change your mind????

? ? ? I don´t know what earth you talking about... see what I stated over my son...

If I gave my children choice of food, we would eat McDonalds every night. It is my responsibility as a parent to make sure they eat nutritious food which is important for their growth and future health. It is one of those small decisions I have to make as a parent every day. Clothing, lets not go there!!!!!

What a nonsense! That´s most stupid answer I ever seen.
What I stated an earlier. I am NOT choose the foods for my sons but we shared our discussion what we want eat or not... It´s my upbring limit...
Of course my children already learn what good or bad healthy.
I put chart at the kitchen for the children to read what they have for their dinner.
They would tell me if they don´t like what they have for a dinner. I would never force them to eat what they don´t want.
They know my house rulers... We choose to eat what we like for the dinner at weekends something like make a new receipes for us to try... my children like it. We discussed what we like to have...
During week days my husband cook the dinner what they wish to have...
My children know that we only went to McDonald or Pizza if we make outing trip...
If we went to resturant for treat... I would leave my children to choose what they like to eat... My 2nd son need our support to choose what he like to eat. I give him 3 different suggestion to choose... He choose what he like to eat. I don´t beleive to choose the dinner for them.
I´m not choose which clothes they wear... because they have different taste than us.
Upbring limit is most important is Respect & love.

Please explain this to a parent whose child has a hole in their heart and is going to die without life saving surgery to change their body.

Ha, There´re BIG difference between heart hole & CI. Heart hole or diease belong risk life who want to stay alive... The children will thank me to save their life but CI is not belong illness but make them hear because you don´t accept that they are deaf... Please remember that deaf is not a diease...

No one claimed this except anti C.I. We know they are still deaf.
I think you disread others post... NOBODY are against CI but beleive it´s child´s choice...because it´s their body...

Correct me if I am wrong. C.I. is just a fancy hearing aid for people that normal hearing aids don't work for. So you would give them one type of hearing aid but not another???? Interesting!!! If glasses failed would you try again or give up?????
I think you disread me... hearing aid, glasses, etc are not belong surgery but CI... I would not get my baby to toddler to surgery to change their body.
Hearing aid are also help as CI, too but I know CI is more better but I still beleive that it´s child´s choice.
My friend wear hearing aid all her life since she was 6 months old & speak like HOH. I see nothing wrong with hearing aid... It would be different story if I am 10 years old & might ask my parent for the support to implant me but I´m VERY glad that my parent didn´t implant me without ask me... I would hate them for that & know that they didn´t accept what I am...

Everyone loves their children and we accept them for what they are and give them the love and attention they deserve but I will still do the best I can for my children for their future whether it be tutors, operations, hearing aids, glasses, C.I. Sorry I can't seperate them!!!!! My children will have the best.

This is your choice... Please respect my choice... Thank you...
I am allow to voice my opinion what I think right..

You seem to listen to only bad stories about C.I. We have heard more good than bad. It is the same with everything. There is always someone who will complain!!!
I only beleive because they told themselves how they feel when their parents pulled them to surgery... I don´t blame them for lost their respect on their parents for that.
I also beleive what I read AD´s post over CI.

No one ever said don't be proud of yourself.
I didn´t say YOU... I can see from AD´s post how they suffered in the past over deafie etc... through hearing world.. I saw their post that the reason they change their body because they had been suffered in the past... It´s not only deaf, but fat, skin, long nose, glass, etc etc etc... You know it yourself.
Yes, I am proud to be deaf... I don´t want anyone feel sorry for me & won´t let anyone think negative over deaf... It´s me...
Stop being sorry ourselves but think positive how happy we were etc.

I believe that if you were a responsible parent you would take responsibilty for you children until they were of age and you would make the best decisions possible for your childrens future. I am not feeling sorry for myself and I have been to my childrens schools many times to teach sign language. This is because my children have asked and it shows they are proud of me!!! Unfortunately I have read your posts and believe you are against C.I. which is your choice, please respect mine without criticism. I will do what I believe is best for our children

Me against CI... Oh No... I didn´t criticism your decision because it´s your choice like what AD deafies voice their opinion here... They are also allow to disagree with your opinion, too... I beleive is disagree/agree each other respectful...

I´m allow to voice my opinion here without insult you or others... You did insult me here.... I can´t beleive it...
I didn´t insult your name on here but voice my opinion.

I´m here to collect every opinion to learn to agree or disagree because I know I might be wrong or they might be right...
It´s sad that you start to fight with me here because you think I´m against CI. I´m disagree with your opinion WITHOUT criticism or insulation because I beleive to let child have choice...

Last edited:
* * * shaking head * * * :ugh:

I didn´t point only you but others, I´m disagree with. I am allow to state what I have my opinion because I´m disagree WITHOUT insulation... Now you point me to here..... :wtf:...

This is an insult.

The Brewer's dictionary of phrase & fable say " shake of the head" An indication of refusal, disapproval, annoyance, frustration or the like.

Same as you we have the right to an opinion without being insulted.

What a nonsense! That´s most stupid answer I ever seen.
What I stated an earlier. I am NOT choose the foods for my sons but we shared our discussion what we want eat or not... It´s my upbring limit...
Of course my children already learn what good or bad healthy.
I put chart at the kitchen for the children to read what they have for their dinner.
They would tell me if they don´t like what they have for a dinner. I would never force them to eat what they don´t want.
They know my house rulers... We choose to eat what we like for the dinner at weekends something like make a new receipes for us to try... my children like it. We discussed what we like to have...
During week days my husband cook the dinner what they wish to have...
My children know that we only went to McDonald or Pizza if we make outing trip...If we went to resturant for treat... I would leave my children to choose what they like to eat... My 2nd son need our support to choose what he like to eat. I give him 3 different suggestion to choose... He choose what he like to eat. I don´t beleive to choose the dinner for them.
I´m not choose which clothes they wear... because they have different taste than us.
Upbring limit is most important is Respect & love.:...

Excellent, so who made your house rules, The children???? Isn't it funny how it always ends up back at the parents????

This is your choice... Please respect my choice... Thank you...
I am allow to voice my opinion what I think right...

I agree, I am allowed to voice my opinion about what I think is right without your criticism. Thank you.

Red~Rum said:
This is an insult.

The Brewer's dictionary of phrase & fable say " shake of the head" An indication of refusal, disapproval, annoyance, frustration or the like.
I'm apogoly as you feel being insultation by me.. over that "*** shaking the head ***"
As far as I know *** shake the head *** means is "Oh no, no, Oh dear, disagree etc" without an insultation word..
I'm sorry if you felt being insualtion by me...

Excellent, so who made your house rules, The children???? Isn't it funny how it always ends up back at the parents????

I think you twist my word... That's what I'm talking about is the house rules mean is belong upbring limit WITHOUT change their bodies...

Change the bodies is not belong house rules... ;)

I'm apogoly as you feel being insultation by me.. over that "*** shaking the head ***"
As far as I know *** shake the head *** means is "Oh no, no, Oh dear, disagree etc" without an insultation word..
I'm sorry if you felt being insualtion by me...

I think you twist my word... That's what I'm talking about is the house rules mean is belong upbring limit WITHOUT change their bodies...

Change the bodies is not belong house rules... ;)

I accept your apology.

I am sorry I don't understand. Change the bodies had nothing to do with the house rules that I can see???? You didn't mention it before.

You said your children make there own decisions and then said there was house rules. I didn't twist your words, I just assume the children made the house rules since you said they make all their own decisions.

I don't understand upbring limit, what is it???

I accept your apology.

Red~Rum said:
I am sorry I don't understand. Change the bodies had nothing to do with the house rules that I can see???? You didn't mention it before.

Yes, I did mentioned over change the bodies an earlier…

Originally Posted by Liebling:)))
I beleive is: give a child upbringing/education limit to right path & also support is belong parent´s job WITHOUT change/choose their babies´s bodies or anything what they want. To change or choose are not belong upbring/education limit or parent´s decision because it´s THEIR bodies, they choose to change with their parents´s support.

I disagree most is...
The parents let their babies to toddler to surgery to change their bodies because they don´t like their babies´s bodies. It´s mean that the parents didn´t accept what the god give their children like this

To me, I'm proud to being deaf. I won't let anyone to make negatives over Deaf.... Sure, I was being mocked by hearing world over deafness in the past but I didn´t change my babies´s body over that.. Remember it´s NOT only deaf, but many disablities & also nonsense things, they made fun of..., like blind, wheelchair, glasses, fat, skinny, color skin etc.etc.etc.

See what I did mentioned an earlier...

Change the body’s means is gets them to Surgery to make them hear & train them to speak/hear. CI is not only one but many different like kind of Cosmetics Surgeries, that’s what I mean…

Red Rum wrote:
I don't understand upbring limit, what is it???

Answer your question here… (I know it’s off topic)…
I see your post that you talking about all the time is “decision” what you do with your children like foods, clothes, etc. etc is belonging to upbringing limit since we are here to talking about CI.

The upbringing limit mean is: The care & training received during childhood to learn from their parents how do with right way/well manner..… Like educate them into right way & train them to respect their parent’s rules. “Upbringing limitless mean is: The children are allow to use everything what they want without receive the education from their parent’s rules. That’s what you talking about “decision” over foods, clothes etc. is belongs upbringing limit.
I only mean that CI is not belong upbringing limit but change their bodies what you want.

I respect your choice to have your own decision what you do with your children but to me is different…I believe is my upbringing limit is: Educate my children to respect our rules & right way etc. Something like that Danny’s bicycle is defect twice. I warned him that he must pay the repair cost by his own pocket money if his bicycle’s defect again for third time. It’s what I believe is let my children to learn their own experience what right or wrong way… I support them to collect their experiences. We (parents) are also collect our experiences, too. We discuss our share of the experiences with our children. I’m agree that a lot of parents often make the mistakes decision what they do the best for their children, that’s why I rather leave the child’s choice because it’s his/her body.

You just jump on me over “rules”, that’s how I correct you that change to improve their bodies is not belongs to parent’s rules. It’s difference between upbringing limits & changes the bodies (CI to improve hear/speech development).

I am agree that it’s not wise to let babies to toddler to receive CI because it’s too earlier for them to train their speech/hear development which it’s too much for small children… I rather to watch them enjoy their fun first before go their first school, then is a different story…

RedRum wrote:
You said your children make there own decisions and then said there was house rules. I didn't twist your words, I just assume the children made the house rules since you said they make all their own decisions.

I said it's Child's Choice... I'm not saying that I let the children to have their own decision... I SAID: I support my children's decision/choice because it's their bodies, not mine.

Lianca said:
Its oral school for HEARING IMPAIRED kids. The teachers didnt sign, they talked to the kids with FM thing. I saw anything that the kids couldn't hear much what the teacher said and didnt talk alot.. I stayed there for 2 hours.

BUT I still dont like the kids to have CI.. It's parents decision and they decided to have their kids to have CI.. What happened when the kids get older and realized that they dont like it.. I knew few friends of mine were forced by their parents when they were kids, they got older and remove it bec they made their own decision and want to do what they want, not what the parents want.

sigh, I think its enough to debating abt the kids with CI... It makes me sick..

It's Prefect exactly what my husband said the same what you said. He was suffered like this during his childhood.. It's too stress for him to watch/read teacher's lipread because they are not allowed to use sign languages. He said it's toooo much/stress for him...

I'm total agree everything what you said.

I saw anything that the kids couldn't hear much what the teacher said and didnt talk alot.. I stayed there for 2 hours.
Now why doesn't that surprise me? I really do think that the impact of the CI is going to be VERY mixed. Yes, there are superstars who do wicked well with CI, but there are also still many kids and people who have it, who receive mixed results from it. Even today there are kids with CIs who attend oral schools who actually NEED total commuication.

I was reading some of the recent postings, and I noticed someone bringing up the choice of hearing aids vs. CIs. One person mentioned that the individual is allowed the choice of getting the CI over hearing aids, especially if hearing aids don't work. Another person said after that seemed to express that CI is merely comestic and, it seems, hearing aids should work just fine.

Well, as a pioneer CI user, I do have to stress that it is very true that hearing aids just does not work for some people, including myself. So I got the CI and it has probably made my life manageable.

I agree that perhaps children should be able to decide if they want the CI. But, the risk here is, the longer the child is deaf, the harder it will be for the child to be able to use the CI in its most benefinical way. Early in the childhood, like language development, there is also listening development.

So I think it's vial for the parents to watch out for behavior changes, especially after the child has become deafened, for any distress/stress/discouragement/frustration, and then perhaps the parents should explore the options of hearing aides first, and then if necessary graduate to CIs.

I have a different stand, through, on children who are born deaf, they should be left to be that way, and not get the CI because naturally their brains have never, ever heard sound, thus it does not make sense to implant a device that their nerves just do not recognize.

To all the people that keep up this argument that to be seven is to be old enough to make life choices. The next time you go out or away leave your 7 year old home alone. The way people come to their conclusions and theories my god. Im all for being open to others opinions but please read what you write. At least have it make sence.

hey sweet kj tell that to my son who was born deaf implanted at one and now speaks just as well as hearing chilren his age. He never knew what sound was till he was implanted. WAY TO GO ANOTHER STUPID COMMENT!!!!

I am hearing so I can not appreciate the deaf communities feeling towards the CI. I do however have an opinion.

It is in my opinion that being deaf is a handicap. Not a handicap where being deaf prevents you from functioning but non the less a handicap in that you function as a minority in a world that is primarily geared towards hearing people. A handicap in that it's kind of like eating ice cream..when all you have in the store is vanilla you are comfortable with vanilla you know of nothing but vanilla. When offered something with a flavor to it..something that tingles the senses allows you a different perspective it is shunned at first. People in general are resistant to change when they are comfortable. Why have chocolate ice cream when vanilla is perfectly fine?

People who are born with non functioning legs rely on wheelchairs, crutches etc to minimize the impact of being a person who is handicapped, as I define handicapped as a minority.

The CI to me represents the wheelchair or chocolate ice cream. It's an alternative.

It was designed and in use to minimize the barrier of being a minority not to take away from the deaf community, but to allow them to feel less isolated when dealing with the hearing world. It levels the playing field. Granted Chocolate ice cream doesn't level out any inequalities but it sure as hell tastes good from time to time.

Mike

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

Loomis said:
hey sweet kj tell that to my son who was born deaf implanted at one and now speaks just as well as hearing chilren his age. He never knew what sound was till he was implanted. WAY TO GO ANOTHER STUPID COMMENT!!!!

"WAY TO GO ANOTHER STUPID COMMENT"
Don´t dare to call us Stupid... Thank you..

I RESPECT every´s opinion...
What I beleive is STAY... is wait to let my child to choice..
I´m mother of 11 & 8 sons... I know what exactly...
Thank you...
I´m not pull my children to Surgery when they didn´t ask for that... or when they didn´t want ...

My Son/Daughter wont have CI

I dont believe in it,

I want to see my kids swim, and have ability to do whatever, if they were deaf i'd go hearing aid and thats all.

Chajukin said:
My Son/Daughter wont have CI

I dont believe in it,

I want to see my kids swim, and have ability to do whatever, if they were deaf i'd go hearing aid and thats all.

How does a CI prevent people from going swimming? You can still do pretty much anything if you have a cochlear implant. It's made up of two pieces...the external piece, which is removeable just like a hearing aid, and the internal piece which won't be affected if you submerge your head.

Malfoyish

hey sweet kj tell that to my son who was born deaf implanted at one and now speaks just as well as hearing chilren his age
Loomis, that's good that your son is doing well with CI...however, there have always been oral superstars who were born/early deafened(went deaf before one year)...Even back in the day when the most sophisticated hearing technology was an ear horn or one of those table-top hearing aids/auditory trainers there were probaly oral sucesses who were born or early deafened!
I understand SweetKJ's reasoning, as historically the largest failures of hearing technology have been among the born deaf/early deafened population. I however don't think that we should dump implantion for that population, just that those kids should be raised using both Sign and speech, just for a safety net just in case they don't demonstrate a flair for oral skills.
Yes, your son can hear pretty well, but, he doesn't hear like a hearing person does he? That's great that your son can speak pretty well, but on the other hand, is his language coming along or is that still behind? I know even today most deaf kids still have significent spoken language deficts. (and not just by a few months) If he speaks so well then how come he's still in an oral school?

Red Rum and Liebling, please take your personal attacks at each other in PM. You both have a precious friendship, value it please!

Back