What's a good HA for severe loss nowadays?

I got them yesterday. I'm adjusting. Oh boy.

I kinda' like the ComPilot, but I had it under my shirt most of the time. Which, of course, renders it useless for phone calls. Most people text me anyway, so no big deal.

Feels like my left ear is "stuffy" so we may have to work on that a little more. The audiologist did a little adjusting on it yesterday.

Driving nearly sent me through the roof. I think I was hearing the tires or something? I'm going to have to have a sound interpreter with me!

My Naida S III UPs have been adjusted to when I'm in the car, I can not hear any cars noise what so ever but speech is super clear, he got help from Phonak to get there. Might be worth asking the Phoank rep to come in if you still want better listening environment. My audiologist did a very good job on it and it took about 7 adjustments (2 adjustments with Phonak) to get there but I am extremely happy.

@Chevfan
If you wear ComPilot under your shirt you may consider to use the external microphone MC1, ArtNr. 057-0115.
Michael

Thanks for the tip! I left the ComPilot at home yesterday and hate to say ... fared much better. I've just never had anything like that. I used my cell on speaker and it worked fine. Spent so much time messing with the controls (like a new toy) that nothing was doing what it should.

My Naida S III UPs have been adjusted to when I'm in the car, I can not hear any cars noise what so ever but speech is super clear, he got help from Phonak to get there. Might be worth asking the Phoank rep to come in if you still want better listening environment. My audiologist did a very good job on it and it took about 7 adjustments (2 adjustments with Phonak) to get there but I am extremely happy.

Did you get that as a separate program? Right now, I don't have any programs put in ... just getting used to them before I use any of the options.

Thanks for being so helpful. :)

Yesterday was pretty good. I had to have some "bell" noises explained to me in a retail setting. Heh. I was starting to think I was losing it. Turns out it was the register scanner, the door chime, and an alarm on some smaller high theft items.

Did you get that as a separate program? Right now, I don't have any programs put in ... just getting used to them before I use any of the options.

Thanks for being so helpful. :)

Yesterday was pretty good. I had to have some "bell" noises explained to me in a retail setting. Heh. I was starting to think I was losing it. Turns out it was the register scanner, the door chime, and an alarm on some smaller high theft items.

I don't have any program's, just the main automatic program, which is properly what you have at the moment :)

You are seeing the benefit of Sound Recover on the bolded stuff :)

Last edited:
I had Phonak Superfront hearing aids before my Phonak Naida UP and I can hear A LOT more with the Phonak Naida UP because of the sound recover feature. I love it :)

Thank you! Sound Recover seems incredibly promising and hoping for a lot out of it.

My dad has Naidas. At first, he had a malfunctioning pair and he finally convinced the company to give him a new pair. He may have to go back for more adjustments though from everything I have read. His hearing loss is profound.

I have a question - I created a separate thread for it, but I'll ask here as well: Has anyone found that when talking on the phone, wearing Naidas or other aids, that the person on the other end experiences an echo of their voice? For instance, when I speak to my Dad, if I ask him, "How was your afternoon?", I hear my question echoed back to me. It makes it hard to communicate, especially if he starts to answer over top of the echo.

He's gone through so much with not having well functioning aids for months that we don't want to make an issue of this echo, but it's going to make communication very hard if he has to speak to someone in customer service, for instance. Any ideas?

Hi, just reading your reactions to your new HA's. I was amazed how much better I could hear when I went from one CIC to two IC HA's. It took about a month for my brain to absorb the new sounds and settle down, definitely very tiring. I have them still and really need more and they are the Phonak Savia. I don't think they make that model anymore, but they still work for me.

When I go for my new test, I'm sure I'm going to be in the severe range, as the last one I was moderate to severe. Will need to get advice on what HA to go for then.

I got mine programmed for work (quiet environment) and for the car and for the mall (echoing environment) which is also good for wood floors at home.

I was told same thing about not being strong enough, and I find that they ITE is fine!

Back