What would you rather be doing right now??

time to bust out the horror movies

Well I bought one of the last 2016 American Standard Stratocasters - Olympic white/maple. It was delivered to a friends house yesterday since I work and would never have been able to receive it. I'm heading over later to pick it up and can't wait to check it tonight....:)

Laura

Well I bought one of the last 2016 American Standard Stratocasters - Olympic white/maple. It was delivered to a friends house yesterday since I work and would never have been able to receive it. I'm heading over later to pick it up and can't wait to check it tonight....:)

Laura

Will you be able to show us a picture as well as tell us how you like it? I sure hope it lives up to expectations!

Laura
What style do you play? I play country/bluegrass and rock. I had a rare BC Rich Warlock a Bently Series10 and a few others like Gibson, Fender, Dean. Sold my last electric about a year ago and play my dads acoustic Bently, I plan to buy another electric when I get my next house , going to build a small studio maybe get some old friends over to play again. Miss my Roland sync and Esty Baby Grand too.

I'd like to get a Telecaster too as I love the sound. But I have an MIM Strat in Ocean Blue Candy/rosewood (probably one of the last to be made in Mexico - I hear they're being shipped in 2017 to China) and the Oly White I jumped on as it's being changed. Soon to be called the pro with tall and narrow frets, I like medium jumbo. I really love Blues and Jazz - some country. I figure as I lose my hearing I might be able to enjoy my electric guitars more than the Classical - not that I'm giving up on it. I just love guitars. I'm losing my teacher who's going back to Greece and it's tough to find a good teacher of Classical - hence the strats. I'll try posting a pick when I can....

I'd like to get a Telecaster too as I love the sound. But I have an MIM Strat in Ocean Blue Candy/rosewood (probably one of the last to be made in Mexico - I hear they're being shipped in 2017 to China) and the Oly White I jumped on as it's being changed. Soon to be called the pro with tall and narrow frets, I like medium jumbo. I really love Blues and Jazz - some country. I figure as I lose my hearing I might be able to enjoy my electric guitars more than the Classical - not that I'm giving up on it. I just love guitars. I'm losing my teacher who's going back to Greece and it's tough to find a good teacher of Classical - hence the strats. I'll try posting a pick when I can....

Given the current internet etc. do you really have to give up working together entirely?

Lau, almost all the guitars are being made in China now. Pawn shops are getting to be the jewel now to find old originals at a good deal. my BC Rick I bought on sale for 300, took it to a pawn shop, they looked it up and gave me 1500... apparently I had one of the first made? But Ive found some nice Gibsons and fenders for $50-100 just because they were scratched and dented, still played nice. I refinished them and resold them later for $1000 or more.... just have to know what to look for as far as damage, the neck is the biggest culpit, besides the bridges, pickups but those are cheap to replace. Look at the necks for cracks, fingerboard separation, warped and any other damage. the body can be sanded and refinished, even laminated if dents or scratches are deep enough. Do your own paint job. refinish or restore to original. Its a nice hobby as well, looking to make money, buy one, clean it up and wala !

Given the current internet etc. do you really have to give up working together entirely?

I plan on continuing with the Classical. I will absolutely find a way to do that. My electric guitars are my toys but my nylon string (also Mexican made too - I had a luthier build it for me) - my nylon string guitar is my child.

Lau, almost all the guitars are being made in China now. Pawn shops are getting to be the jewel now to find old originals at a good deal. my BC Rick I bought on sale for 300, took it to a pawn shop, they looked it up and gave me 1500... apparently I had one of the first made? But Ive found some nice Gibsons and fenders for $50-100 just because they were scratched and dented, still played nice. I refinished them and resold them later for $1000 or more.... just have to know what to look for as far as damage, the neck is the biggest culpit, besides the bridges, pickups but those are cheap to replace. Look at the necks for cracks, fingerboard separation, warped and any other damage. the body can be sanded and refinished, even laminated if dents or scratches are deep enough. Do your own paint job. refinish or restore to original. Its a nice hobby as well, looking to make money, buy one, clean it up and wala !

I know many are - some quite nice, but Fender always made the standard styles in Mexico and I'm sorry that's being discontinued as I think the quality is quite good. Not sure how I feel about a Chinese guitar...

I plan on continuing with the Classical. I will absolutely find a way to do that. My electric guitars are my toys but my nylon string (also Mexican made too - I had a luthier build it for me) - my nylon string guitar is my child.
Nylons are so much easier on the fingers too, Ive used them until I got used to the steel strings ( there are also steel wound nylons I used on my electrics ) so if you have an acoustic electric you can try those.

Nylons are so much easier on the fingers too, Ive used them until I got used to the steel strings ( there are also steel wound nylons I used on my electrics ) so if you have an acoustic electric you can try those.

I tried once but I really hate the sound of an acoustic electric. I'd rather get a mic and plug it into my amp and play that way. There's something about the classical tone that's just special. My hard body electrics are different, the guitars were designed to be played with an amp. My teacher may come back after a year, he's leaving to give his children a good upbringing with their friends and I respect that. I will keep practicing with both the classical and the strats. I'm looking forward to seeing the Oly white strat shortly. It's been the only thing I've been looking forward to. Today was such a bummer at work - glad it's Friday....I really need to find a better agency more suited to what I had in Homeland Defense.

I tried once but I really hate the sound of an acoustic electric. I'd rather get a mic and plug it into my amp and play that way. There's something about the classical tone that's just special. My hard body electrics are different, the guitars were designed to be played with an amp. My teacher may come back after a year, he's leaving to give his children a good upbringing with their friends and I respect that. I will keep practicing with both the classical and the strats. I'm looking forward to seeing the Oly white strat shortly. It's been the only thing I've been looking forward to. Today was such a bummer at work - glad it's Friday....I really need to find a better agency more suited to what I had in Homeland Defense.
Well enjoy your weekend, jam on that new Oly.

What a bummer ! I wouldn't be able to change a tire now. My dad showed up to jack up my car and take off the tire and put it back on , I had to take the tire off myself lug nuts and all . We didn't have cell phones then so dad wanted to made sure I knew how to fixed a flat tire if I got one.

You have very wise dad! wow! I have no idea how to change a tire so I'd be helpless like a kitten :giggle:

Fuzze

Back