What was your favorite thing you had as a kid?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
In my case it was my Dad's red 1977 Chevy Impala wagon that is long gone.

I also had a big tub of Matchbox/Hot Wheel cars that I just gave away because I thought that if I didn't have them, I would be an adult and have an easier time getting a girlfriend. It was in a teen when I threw away all those toy cars. If you collect those type of cars, you know they may be worth a lot now.

Also, when I was a kid, I played with an orange Hot Wheel redline VW Bug at my Grandma. I've long since sold it. I miss that one. I do have other orange ones, but I miss this one.

Also loved my Grandpa's brown 1979 Cherokee and yellow 1971 240Z which I got to learn to drive stick in.

I think it was my roller skates. All 7 of us children had them and spent a lot of time skating. Those were some good old days!!! They were metal wheels then:)

I think it was my roller skates. All 7 of us children had them and spent a lot of time skating. Those were some good old days!!! They were metal wheels then:)

Did any of you use those wheels to make a skateboard? We did.

:hmm: The freedom to be a kid. To be able to play outside w/o worry. To be able to ride my bike (when I was "old enough") to the store. Etc., etc.

An Incredible Edibles machine was one that comes to mind. It made gummy bugs.

My ice skates and ballet shoes (later pointe), I love the freedom that I feel when I was flying across the ice or melting into the movements that seem to free my soul. It's amazing how certain things in life seem to liberate us.

I also had a big tub of Matchbox/Hot Wheel cars that I just gave away because I thought that if I didn't have them, I would be an adult and have an easier time getting a girlfriend. It was in a teen when I threw away all those toy cars. If you collect those type of cars, you know they may be worth a lot now.

Ugh. I had a huge collection of cars like that, and also a huge collection of Micro Machines stuff and also also a huge collection of Starcom. Parents gave away/sold it all at some point.

When we moved, I had an NES with about 17 games, Game Genie, an extra joystick, the zapper and the zapper helmet (Laserscope). They said I couldn't bring it if I was also bringing my Sega CD, so they sold it to the family across the road for... $15. This was in 1998, and when they saw how much they'd gotten (not to mention it was all in perfect condition) they came and tried to give my parents more money!

Grrr. My favourite toy car (which I still have!) is a 1:32 white Ford XR4i.

I received a new BMX bicycle for Christmas when I was 7 years old. I rode it daily and was my escape from the world. I remember windy days being my favorite. I'd ride a long stretch head on into the wind. Then turn around, pedal up to full speed, and then just coast as far as I could. That bike stayed with me for many years. Also rebuilt and freshed up with new paint many times. I was about 15 or 16 when it was stolen. The memory of walking out the front door on Christmas morning and seeing that bike sitting there in the front lawn is fresh as the day I was there.

I always liked doing stuff with Dad. He worked a lot, so it was always great to do chores and play.

Materialistically, Evel Knieval toy motorcycle was a ton of fun. Micronauts, too. Older, probably any electronic game. Although when I got my own basketball rim, I wore that out.

My Hula-Hoop...it had Bells inside of it and my Red Crinolin, it had bells on it also....(they were used to flair out ur skirts)...so guessing I really liked Bells for some reason...hence to say I loved to "Bop" (dance) when wearing it,

Oh man, I had a lot of LJN wrestling action figures from 80s..maybe the whole set.. I also had a wrestling ring with ropes.. :lol: I fixed the ring with duct tape. It was great being a kid and have great memories. My favorite rubber figure was probably Junk Yard Dog...loved the guy.. I remember I had Rick the Slick figure... Mr Fuji.. I played with them even in the kitchen. I also had Duke of Hazzard hot wheels and I rode that thing til tires had holes. :lol:

Wirelessly posted

my bicycle and my big red wagon which I use to tie behind my bike to haul everything from trash to friends

I was given a rocket kit for Christmas. Soon, I started using household chemicals to derive hydrogen gas from, and created *enhanced fireworks*.

I received a new BMX bicycle for Christmas when I was 7 years old. I rode it daily and was my escape from the world. I remember windy days being my favorite. I'd ride a long stretch head on into the wind. Then turn around, pedal up to full speed, and then just coast as far as I could. That bike stayed with me for many years. Also rebuilt and freshed up with new paint many times. I was about 15 or 16 when it was stolen. The memory of walking out the front door on Christmas morning and seeing that bike sitting there in the front lawn is fresh as the day I was there.

i CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO THIS!

BMX was my passion when I was 11 till 15 then i kept doing wheelies (and i was quite good at it) on ten-speeds, oh loved ten-speeds too, it was normal in the 1980's none of the MTB bullshit we have now...
ten speeds had perfect gearing and perfect balance why they fucked it up i dont know...

i CAN TOTALLY RELATE TO THIS!

BMX was my passion when I was 11 till 15 then i kept doing wheelies (and i was quite good at it) on ten-speeds, oh loved ten-speeds too, it was normal in the 1980's none of the MTB bullshit we have now...
ten speeds had perfect gearing and perfect balance why they fucked it up i dont know...

They just want to keep price down today. Economy, ya know. I had a Schwinn Pixie as a kid. Also got a 1985 Scrambler which I still have to this day. I loved those old BMX bikes. I would race my Scrambler with my neighbor. Oh my, the good old days!!!

Back