What was your favorite gift this year?

Mewtilation

Reaction score
Okay, so now that Christmas, Hanukkah and all those holidays are over, it made me think about all the fun I had and nice gifts I got from people that listened to me all year and I didn't even remember I wanted! I realize the holidays are about family time, friends and loved ones... However.....

What is the best present you got this holiday season? It could be materialistic, emotional, time with loved ones... whatever!

Myself personally of course spending time with my family was amazing. ( Even though I was dog tired :( ) Going to Romania this week is exciting me but I'm paying for that myself... However the best physical present I got this year was a new audio system for my car! I have the factory system in there and it sucks volume wise pretty bad. ( You know that max volume thing on stock systems :( ) So getting a new CD player and speakers was probably my favorite gift! :D

So what did you guys get that just made your holiday season perk up a little bit more? :D

Wirelessly posted

Plane tickets to florida for me and the gf from my mom. Didn't expect that to say the least.

Mine was just staying home from work. Time off with the family, and out of the office, is enough to make me happy.

Laura

The smile on my grandson's face, via IM & FB. He's 16 months, so doesn't know about presents. He's just a happy kid.
I may see him tomorrow, definately on Sunday.
(Family was sick on Tuesday so they stayed home yesterday).

I have two favorites, both bought in Ireland from my daughters. My youngest gave me a beautiful silver necklace with Gaelic writing on it. My oldest went to the Waterford Crystal
place and gave me a beautiful candle holder, engraved Merry Christmas Mumsie (what my girls call me) My dad is from Waterford and had family members who worked there for many years.

Of course spending time with family is always the best gift.

As for being materialistic...the 3 bike rack for my car was my favorite gift! My brother and his wife got me a bike for my 40th birthday almost 2 years ago and I don't ride on it much because of not having a bike rack. Now, I can take my son and go bike riding all over the state. I am so excited for that quality time with him when the weather gets warmer.

Of course, I am excited for the ice skates I got for my son to arrive in the mail so we can go ice skating more often.

My son's favorite gift is the PS3 game console, of course.

This year, my older daughter knitted me a green Jester hat with an owl knitted in on the side, my younger daughter had a tiedyed scarf made for me, and my oldest granddaughter, who just turned 7 made a blanket for my toy model of Sue the dinosaur .

Then the other thing that made me very happy was the reaction to the tie dyed shirts I gave every grandchild. They loved them and put them on immediately, and a group picture of all children and me in tie dye was taken and will be prominently displayed by me for a long time to come.

ive always wanted to go to Transylvania.
awesome.
the best gift i treated myself to this year is solitude. i wonderful walk in a woods of hundred of evergreen trees in the deep thick snow at night. i was coyote treats in the making. alas they showed mercy. and left me be
wicked!!!!!!!

I haven't gotten home yet. But i know i got a new fish tank woth discus fish. I wanna see it already!!!

Mine was most definitely my time with my son and my daughter.

Materialistic ? That was a gift/card from someone dear who did Christmas before she passed. She got everyone something early knowing she would not be here. Somber but beautiful. Was indeed a great gift.

<---- A nutcracker from the office Christmas party! :P

...And the fact that my sis has made great progress in turning her life around.

I got a gift from my sister and my nephew who gave me a certificate that I am a student at Santa Fe Community College so that I can learn how to use aerobic swimming course. I would not be alone as I will have my sister and her daughter (my niece who is 34 years old). I will start in late Janurary 26 (?). I will have to ask my sister about the date. Looking forward to going swimming and doing the breathing exercise. I am good.

Like everyone said that family time is really the best way for happiness and to get along with each other. We have no problem not ruining our Christmas spirit. I love being with them, too. :D

Wow great gifts everyone! I perked up over the gift I bought for myself. A new chainsaw to replace the last one that got stolen. I have been smiling and happy ever since. I am going for the blue spray paint in a little while.

Was sick, but had a quiet day with family. Mainly I got my gift at the beginning of the month and that's my new dog. I have an Aunt who sent me a larger check than usual and then also got some news from a cousin (her oldest son).

All in all, this was a paltry Christmas, but at least we were together.

I am so thankful for FaceTime...we had a nice chat with my daughter in Ireland. She was missed so much this Christmas. I brought my IPad to my moms and had everyone go around and wish her a Merry Christmas. Of course I cried.

Also, my 1&1/2 year old goddaughter wanted to be with me and only me at my house on Christmas Eve. She loves my dog. Then when we went to my moms yesterday, she wanted me only again. She seldom sits still, but she did for hours. Even peed on me:)
BUT my absolutely favorite moment was when she signed to me "eat" and "more". She doesn't say a ton of words yet, but she would make a great interpreter one day, so expressive. I sign with her every time I see her. She loves to take my CI remote out of my purse and she holds it up to my ear. I could go on forever, but I would bore everyone.

Back