What was the last movie you watched?

A lonely place to die

I recently watched 12 Angry Men (with Henry Fonda). Good movie.

I'm planning on renting the re-make (made for television) with Tony Danza.

I also found out there's a modernized version called 12, which I'm gonna check out too.

I recently watched 12 Angry Men (with Henry Fonda). Good movie.

I'm planning on renting the re-make (made for television) with Tony Danza.

I also found out there's a modernized version called 12, which I'm gonna check out too.

I can't imagine the remake is anywhere as good as the original. A really good film that I was surprised I enjoyed was Spencer Tracy's Judgement at Nuremberg.

Laura

I can't imagine the remake is anywhere as good as the original. A really good film that I was surprised I enjoyed was Spencer Tracy's Judgement at Nuremberg.

Laura
Some remakes are better. Some aren't. It depends.

Usually, remakes are done to match modern events.

Some say Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was better than Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory because the movie was closer to the book.

Some remakes are better. Some aren't. It depends.

Usually, remakes are done to match modern events.

Some say Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was better than Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory because the movie was closer to the book.

I guess that's the thinking when they made another remake, but IMHO, if something was done right the first time, leave it alone. Example, Hitch's "Psycho" remade to the garbage that was Anne Heche and Vince Vaughn which added nothing.

Laura

I'm currently watching The Time Traveler's Wife. Interesting movie.

Thought the movie was alright. It's okay enough for one time watch.
Yeah. It's one of those movies where it's really confusing, but makes sense the further along you go. However, it does spoil the movie when you watch it again.

Well, I finally finished The Time Traveler's Wife. The ending had me wondering one thing. Hmm...

I then watched The Man With One Red Shoe (with Tom Hanks). I've seen that movie a couple times in the past, but never with captions. Now, I did. I understand and enjoy the story better.

I'm now waiting on Spies Like Us. :)

Well, I finally finished The Time Traveler's Wife. The ending had me wondering one thing. Hmm...

I then watched The Man With One Red Shoe (with Tom Hanks). I've seen that movie a couple times in the past, but never with captions. Now, I did. I understand and enjoy the story better.

I'm now waiting on Spies Like Us. :)

Really? How can you stand watching a movie without captions? I always turn it off if there's no captions.

Really? How can you stand watching a movie without captions? I always turn it off if there's no captions.
I saw a lot of movies without captions when I was a kid. I didn't get my own closed captioning decoder until I was 14 or 15 years old. Yet, there were still a lot of movies out that that still didn't have captioning included. I also saw a lot of movies in theaters with my family (before they started doing open captioning).

Now, I'm slowly catching up on classics with subtitles/captions. :)

same, i CANT watch a movie without captions , never!, it feels like 30 years backwards and horrible, i dont like the idea of guessing along steretypes its demoralising...yuck

I saw a lot of movies without captions when I was a kid. I didn't get my own closed captioning decoder until I was 14 or 15 years old. Yet, there were still a lot of movies out that that still didn't have captioning included. I also saw a lot of movies in theaters with my family (before they started doing open captioning).

Now, I'm slowly catching up on classics with subtitles/captions. :)

same...yes now i read it properly,,,yes indeed classics are much harder to find with subtitles...and you'd have more luck finding british tv comedies on dvds with captions then any america tv programmes from the 1970s'...
wierd but true. my guess is that america tv is pure junk...whereas british is wit...done believe me??

even the new english comedies are way better then americans...
(in TV)...american is 'situational comedies' its not story-comedies...

again see it for yourselves...

cheers! , oh i see you like Dr Who...lol i dont, I like Fringe (now thats a different genre were talking about here lol.....)

Blu-Ray version of Sideways:

Sideways_english.jpg

Back