What was the last movie you watched?

JMH

Just finished Battleship - 4 thumbs down. I never liked any of Michael Bay movie - yes, I know Battleship is directed by Peter Berg and that Michael Bay have no connection to that movie. But it's similar style what Michael Bay done in his movies, I hate that.

At the end, it says it's based on Battleship game. Seriously? I played board game and there were no friggin' alien in it. :roll:

Sutter Cane

Just finished Battleship - 4 thumbs down. I never liked any of Michael Bay movie - yes, I know Battleship is directed by Peter Berg and that Michael Bay have no connection to that movie. But it's similar style what Michael Bay done in his movies, I hate that.

At the end, it says it's based on Battleship game. Seriously? I played board game and there were no friggin' alien in it. :roll:
What!? By hating Michael Bay, are you saying you hate cgi and special effects? I though the movie was awesome btw. Have you seen a real live video of a black person breaking into a gas station similar to the one in the movie? I just love that!

JMH

Not that I disliked the CGI and special effects, I don't like the style of visual they have done - they both moved everything too fast and hard to track of what's going on. Michael Bay's Transformer have done really terrible camera angles - like fighting scene, he zoomed it and it's hard to see the whole fighting. That's their style of visual that I don't like.

What's more, I like to see slow pacing - focusing on characters and storyline instead of focusing on action. I mean, balance it.

Battlefield is more confusing storyline and all characters sucked. That's what I don't enjoy the movie. The break-in part - I didn't laugh because I already laughed on real one. *shrug*

Well, maybe I'm hard to pleasure. ;)

Sutter Cane

Not that I disliked the CGI and special effects, I don't like the style of visual they have done - they both moved everything too fast and hard to track of what's going on. Michael Bay's Transformer have done really terrible camera angles - like fighting scene, he zoomed it and it's hard to see the whole fighting. That's their style of visual that I don't like.

What's more, I like to see slow pacing - focusing on characters and storyline instead of focusing on action. I mean, balance it.

Battlefield is more confusing storyline and all characters sucked. That's what I don't enjoy the movie. The break-in part - I didn't laugh because I already laughed on real one. *shrug*

Why are there aliens in Battleship? Peter Berg reveals the real reason | Blastr

I understand now that you want more character developments and focus a little more on the storyline with a different film style. Got ya.

At least you laughed at the original one. =]

CrazyPaul

One thing that bothered me is that the spaceships came out from underwater and they moved like bulls to defend and jumped like frogs on water instead of flying. Weird!

JMH

I don't like the idea of the game in Hunger Game. Children killing other children - not exactly my taste of movie.

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell

That's what they do in movies... add something to "spice" it up and make it interesting.

They did that with Super Mario Bros and Street Fighter (with Van Damme).

I think they're coming out with a Monopoly movie. ;)

Anyways, I've always joked with my friends... "Hey, guess what... they came out with a Battleship game based on the movie that's based on the game!" ;)

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
What!? By hating Michael Bay, are you saying you hate cgi and special effects? I though the movie was awesome btw. Have you seen a real live video of a black person breaking into a gas station similar to the one in the movie? I just love that!
That was the very first thing that came to my mind when I saw that part. I saw the original video years ago on YouTube. :)

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
last movie i saw on saturday evening was the hunger game. Have you seen it yet?
Yep! I saw that captioned in theaters. Good movie. My wife loved it. She's dying to watch the second and third movies. She's already read all three books. :roll:

Last movie I watched in full was the Avengers. Still haven't seen the Hunger Games -.- . This makes me sad. Wait! I saw And Your Name is Jonah, for ASL. Good movie. I really liked it.

Grummer

I don't like the idea of the game in Hunger Game. Children killing other children - not exactly my taste of movie.
they werent really children...most of them were teens, or late teens only few were young enough to be deemed as a child