What was the last movie you watched?

What is it about and what do you think of the movie?
It's about college students in 1970 America rebelling, their counter-culture lifestyles, bad capitalists and evil pigs, sex and drugs, and a touch of violence, all done in artsy cinematography. It's a movie you'll either love or hate. :lol:

It's directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, an Italian who is known for the visual impact of his "cinema" productions. He described himself as a Marxist intellectual.

The lead actor and actress were newcomers to acting--this was their first movie. The lead actor died three years later in prison. He was convicted of a bank robbery, and died while lifting weights in the prison exercise room (the weight fell on his neck).

Some people say the last few "explosive" minutes of the film are the best part.

TCS and I enjoyed watching it on TV. (It was recorded and we fast-forwarded thru the sex scene--it was graphic.)

It's not a "feel good" movie, and a bit weird but we related to it because it reminded us of the society and time we experienced at that age.

If has great Death Valley scenery.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066601/?ref_=ttspec_spec_tt

Being an older film (1970), it might not be captioned. :(

An example of the dialogue:

https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=zabriskie-point

Last edited:
It's about college students in 1970 America rebelling, their counter-culture lifestyles, bad capitalists and evil pigs, sex and drugs, and a touch of violence, all done in artsy cinematography. It's a movie you'll either love or hate. :lol:

It's directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, an Italian who is known for the visual impact of his "cinema" productions. He described himself as a Marxist intellectual.

The lead actor and actress were newcomers to acting--this was their first movie. The lead actor died three years later in prison. He was convicted of a bank robbery, and died while lifting weights in the prison exercise room (the weight fell on his neck).

Some people say the last few "explosive" minutes of the film are the best part.

TCS and I enjoyed watching it on TV. (It was recorded and we fast-forwarded thru the sex scene--it was graphic.)

It's not a "feel good" movie, and a bit weird but we related to it because it reminded us of the society and time we experienced at that age.

If has great Death Valley scenery.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066601/?ref_=ttspec_spec_tt

Being an older film (1970), it might not be captioned. :(

An example of the dialogue:

https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=zabriskie-point

Interesting! Thank you! I will keep an eye out for this film!

I watched It while I was visiting Colorado last month.
The hype is real, its fantastic.

I also jsut finished.. literally minutes ago Better Watch Out. It's an Australian Horror-comedy. Fresh and completely bonkers.

Just finished watching Perfect Sense with Eva Green and Ewan McGregor. It was an erotic romantic thriller set against the outbreak of a virus that robs people of their senses, and in the end, everyone was deaf. I was rather touched by the film.

Although I think original CHiPs is the best and should not be remade like this one... entirely opposite from the original series in the 70-80's.

9e4466a098af3c5fa00926afb49ff868.jpg

Based on true story movie...

greatermovieposter.jpg

These are the two movies I rented today from Redbox. :)

This is a story of Warsaw Zoo that was occupied by Nazis Germany during World War II. In the outbreak of war, the place were bombed and most of the animals were killed. The couple and their son work in the Zoo and hid over 300 Jews from the Warsaw Ghetto under the noses of the Nazis and all but two survived the war. The zoo is still operational today with over 4,000 animals and the house where the Jews were sheltered remains as a museum exhibition.

You can find this movie in Amazon.

Zookeeper-Wife.jpg

Watching Office Space on tv. The three guys are so violent toward this computer-related machines. And then they are having fun in ones guys apartment dancing drunkly.

Based on the story of the evacuation and rescue of French and British soldiers in Dunkirk. I rented this in Amazon.

1ae4a9628e3796f45fb070988f552535 (1).jpg

Star Wars, The Last Jedi. I think the critics were very generous in their critique of the movie.

The Grinch Who Stole Christmas with Jim Carrey. I'd never seen it before.

Back