What was best thing that happened to you this year?

Raging Quiet

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been done before...I have a feeling it has?

Anyway, write about your best moments that happened in 2004 (seeing as it's nearly 2005 soon :eek:)

Mine:
Has to be when I started university in September, I've got so many great memories just from my first term. The ones that stick out in my mind are when me and my friends couldn't stop laughing (on several occasions!), when my friends played the lipreading game in a nightclub, when I went to an adults deaf club for the first time, and so many more, but I don't want to bore you! :zzz:

Tell me yours! :popcorn:

*laughs* the best thing that happened to me is I couldn't believe this guy Fernie was still alive which i thought he was still dead from carbon monoxide. he definitely got me in a bigggg shock when he pm me through ringo/tickle. it was out of blue and good feeling to see him alive again! lol. Couple of months later we finally met again and caught up everything, dated too, but at this moment, we're just good friends for good reasons. :) :nana:

That’s the easiest question I’ve answered in a long time :thumb: But a picture is worth a thousand words.

Oct1.jpg

OldNavyGirl said:
*laughs* the best thing that happened to me is I couldn't believe this guy Fernie was still alive which i thought he was still dead from carbon monoxide. he definitely got me in a bigggg shock when he pm me through ringo/tickle. it was out of blue and good feeling to see him alive again! lol. Couple of months later we finally met again and caught up everything, dated too, but at this moment, we're just good friends for good reasons. :) :nana:

Huh?

Can you explain on what happened to Fernie and the carbon monoxide situation. What led you to believe that he had died?

Good Thread Raging Quiet :hug:

My best moments in 2004 would be when I arrived home from 2 months and half traveling from states to states for work, Giving my boys long hugs and we did end up in tears too, Of course happy tears. And that time when I was in Reno NV. for work My 4 yrs old called me up on my dad's celluar phone, It was a heartfelt moment of my life. We did exchange conversation which made me end in tears. How much I misses my boys.

And another time When VamPryoX came down to visit me, We had a blast time. He was really a fun person to hang out with, We did a lot of things went places, watched movies, played a game of UNO. LOL!

And Having much great friends in AllDeaf who I admire so much. (You know who you are). :ily: :hug:

Another thing, After traveling on Roads for 2 months and half, I brought a new couch, sofa and a 55 inches TV. And even brought my boys something too.

I think that is about all..:) What a great year!

Banjo said:
Huh?

Can you explain on what happened to Fernie and the carbon monoxide situation. What led you to believe that he had died?

sure. sorry abt this one. there was another guy name fernando but most of us thought it was fernie (fernando) , but no it was another deaf fernando who died in carbon monoxide.. and i was the last person to know that fernie was still alive -- i mean nobody told me hes still alive -- we found out from our ntid friends that we thought it was fernie who died but no it was different fernando, this person's mom didn't know his last name and thought it was him.. long story though.

Cheri said:
Good Thread Raging Quiet :hug:

I agree—good thread. I was trying to come up with a good idea to take everybody’s attention away from the soap opera circus that’s been going on the past few days, but RQ beat me to it! :thumb:

Levonian said:
I agree—good thread. I was trying to come up with a good idea to take everybody’s attention away from the soap opera circus that’s been going on the past few days, but RQ beat me to it! :thumb:

Aww thanks, Cheri and Levonian

That was exactlly what I was aiming for Levonian :D

Hope it works :fingersx:

Good question........that really got me thinking.

I think it was a mixed year for me. I was in a wonderful relationship that begun late in 2003 but ended harshly in June 2004. Talk about a broken heart. But I guess I had great memories to endure with. Better to have loved and lost than never, eh?

I joined AD last February. I am so glad that I did! Otherwise I would not have grown a great deal due to folks here expanding my horizon.

I did a lot of traveling - visited British Columbia twice and 10 other states. So that was awesome as Im passionate about traveling.

I got my cochlear implant.

I did a lot of weekends of hiking and spending time with Mother Nature and it was awesome.

But the best thing of all is that my girls went through this year safe, healthy and happy. I would do anything to see them happy and safe! *shedding a tear as I always get so emotional when it comes to my daughters*

Last edited by a moderator:
my best thing about 2004 is meeting a deaf girl named Shasta, she was in my 4th grade class (im a senior now) and we met for the first time 7 days ago... she is :eek2: beautiful! and we hung out about like 6 days striaght. She makes me so happy and we are building a relationship :)

Back