What states are the cheaper place to live?

Tucson homes also have backyard pools. :)

I didn't know homes in Phoenix were more affordable than Tucson...interesting.
I'd also love to live in Sedona, but I'd never be able to afford it. Since that's the case, I'm considering Tempe (my first choice), Glendale or Mesa.

Avondale and Levine near Borderline Rd. are currently experiencing a housing boom with swimming pools in the back yard.

They are starting at low $ 100.'s.

You know....many people thought the rain will keep residents from moving into Washington state...but not really. Washington state attracted more than 129,000 people from other states from 2000 to 2006...check this out at: Washington Bigger Cities (over 6000 residents) - Real Estate, Housing, Schools, Residents, Crime, Pollution, Demographics and More

Light/mild rain isn't big deal, east coast has heavier rain and need use umbrella if you don't want get severe wet.

Light rain isn't big deal, east coast has heavier rain and need use umbrella if you don't want get severe wet.

There is a saying in Seattle..... " People don't TAN--they RUST! " :lol:

There is a difference in the rain pattern in Seattle compared to the east coast. On the east coast, the rain comes down in buckets. In Seattle--the clouds come in and stay for days due to the geographical boundry of the Cascades and it rains on Seattle.

Light drizzle, medium drizzle, and plain ol' rain. It gets old real fast!

Now where I live--we get more rain than Seattle--average is 86.6 inches. ( Last year--112.2 inches!) Now understand that the rain comes in quick and fast and is out of the area within a couple of hours.

If you can deal with the oppressive cloud cover in Seattle--you probably would succeed in living there.

Light/mild rain isn't big deal, east coast has heavier rain and need use umbrella if you don't want get severe wet.

People tell me that it rains a lot in Boston and has plenty of gloomy days. We get most of cloudy days more than rainy days. At this time, it's sunny with clouds here currently.

There is a saying in Seattle..... " People don't TAN--they RUST! " :lol:

There is a difference in the rain pattern in Seattle compared to the east coast. On the east coast, the rain comes down in buckets. In Seattle--the clouds come in and stay for days due to the geographical boundry of the Cascades and it rains on Seattle.

Light drizzle, medium drizzle, and plain ol' rain. It gets old real fast!

Now where I live--we get more rain than Seattle--average is 86.6 inches. ( Last year--112.2 inches!) Now understand that the rain comes in quick and fast and is out of the area within a couple of hours.

If you can deal with the oppressive cloud cover in Seattle--you probably would succeed in living there.

Yeah, it's due that Seattle is part of the rain shadow which is why we don't get as much rain as the coastal WA state region west of Olympic mountains. Forks, WA gets average of 115 inches a year, which is the wettest town in the state of Washington.

The more south you go from Seattle, the more rain totals you would get due it's out of the rain shadow.

Usually, the cost of living varies because the pay varies as well.

You could find a place where the cost of living is low, but the average pay would likely be low as well. Then if you moved to a place where the cost of living was high, the job would likely pay high too.

I have friends who moved to other states because they heard the job paid much better there, but they ended up having to pay a lot for their cost of living.

Avondale and Levine near Borderline Rd. are currently experiencing a housing boom with swimming pools in the back yard.

They are starting at low $ 100.'s.

Really? That's cheaper than where I live! In my area, homes with an underground pool start at $250,000.

They also have sleet/freezing rain. As a Midwesterner, I can tell you it's no fun to walk in! :(

We saw one that was $99,000. in Phoenix.

The problem was that it was in a barrio.....

Yes, it seems like many of the less expensive homes are located in less desireable neighborhoods -- the same is true for apartments. The further out you get from the city of Tucson, the larger the apartments are and the nicer the neighborhood is.

Like I mentioned--Phoenix is one of the cities that we are considering moving too.

We have others on the list.

Next city to check out: Spokane, Washington.

Like I mentioned--Phoenix is one of the cities that we are considering moving too.

We have others on the list.

Next city to check out: Spokane, Washington.

I've been to Spokane before...I think it's a nice town but I heard that deaf community there isn't that great. Also, it's a redneck town, too. It also has a nice waterfall in downtown Spokane in the valley at 2,000' elevation. It has pretty hot summers and frigid cold winters.. pretty much a land of extremes. The winter months can go down below zero overnights and summer months hot as 100s.

Yes this is true. My ex co worker from machine shop decided to move to Philly because of higher paid job. He moved back up here in New Yawk, know why? He told me TAXES is everywhere, and the cost is skyrocket and I ended up with less disposal income! I was like, oh yea because I wasn't THAT surprised.

Moving to higher cost of living can have its advantage IF you are smart. For me, I got good job right now, no reason to move.

Usually, the cost of living varies because the pay varies as well.

You could find a place where the cost of living is low, but the average pay would likely be low as well. Then if you moved to a place where the cost of living was high, the job would likely pay high too.

I have friends who moved to other states because they heard the job paid much better there, but they ended up having to pay a lot for their cost of living.

Remember about back in 90's, it's cheap to live in LA and food, health insurance and gas price were cheaper too and house price is around affordable to reasonable, usually off coast and Inland Empire was so cheaper like charms. The minimum wage was $4.25 in 1993, that's barely enough to live on own with roommate for full time job but now, $8 per hour, minimum wage for CA isn't enough and need find more options to support it, such as get 2nd job.

Technology in early 90's is so expensive than today.

I've been to Spokane before...I think it's a nice town but I heard that deaf community there isn't that great. Also, it's a redneck town, too. It also has a nice waterfall in downtown Spokane in the valley at 2,000' elevation. It has pretty hot summers and frigid cold winters.. pretty much a land of extremes. The winter months can go down below zero overnights and summer months hot as 100s.

True and yet one can afford to buy a house in Spokane than Seattle. :lol:

I don't expected that anyone will reply my post like that.

I was means referred as bible thumpers since Kansas is located in bible belt, it does cover in most part of southeast and lower midwest, you can PM me for more detail or look at wikipedia about define for bible thumper and bible belt, I can't explain here, also look at Fred Phelps as well.

I'm just expressed my feeling about area, social is part of my importance to consider about live in anywhere, I'm victim of bashing in 3 years ago, also PM me for more explain about situation in last 3 years ago, however I wasn't tried to offend anyone.

Okay. I understand how do you feeling. But I am not in mood right now. I am sorry. I will pm you when I have time.

Someone said on this thread that Miami is expensive but fun. That's why I love it. I lived in Miami for 13 years. I stopped working when it was time to have the baby and never went back to work for an employer. Rents went up big time that year so I left three years earlier than planned. If I stayed in Miami, I would HAVE had to go back to work. Out here, I don't have to work for anyone. Sometimes you decide what you can do and what you can't do...

P.S. SSDI helps a lot but I could make much more working. I'd rather be home for the lil ones and try to make $$ from here....and it's working out nicely.

Whoever said about the weather extremes in Spokane sounds right. My guy has family out there. I haven't been out there yet. Not too keen on flying 10 hours with lil ones, even though they are great at flying... Just too dang long with stopovers. Ugh.

Back