What states are the cheaper place to live?

You visited to AZ. Yes, That's true about AZ's apt rent is 200 up to 1,000. It depend on area. Your city is almost same my city's apt rent. I live in apartment with 2 bedroom with washer/dryer. Our rent is $655 a month per. We are going to move other nice apartment for $700 over with 3 bedrooms. We used to live in apartment with golf course and near to college. It's expensive to live. I can't afford to live in Chicago and California. Because my SSDAC is lmited. It's suck!

You used to live in an apartment with a golf course? Sounds nice! :)

Yeah, the tax in Lake county (Gary) is pretty high, Foxrac.

You means property tax? If you live in apartment or rent properties then no property tax.

Same goes to Chicago area, property tax is higher as well.

Yes, I've heard that the entire state of Arizona is having a population explosion. With that being the case, I'm sure rent and the cost of homes will skyrocket as a result.

Actually in the Greater Phoenix--homes are more affordable than Tucson, unless you want to live in a barrio.

We checked out homes in the Phoenix area and found them to be more affordable than Tucson due to supply and demand. When we were visiting Tucson, we found one house that we liked but unfortunately it was in a barrio.

Plus you can actually get a house with a swimming pool in the Phoenix area. :)

But of course--I prefer to live in Sedona.....

Arizona is not cheaper! I did check it out at Apartments.com | Find Apartments for Rent, Houses, Condos and Townhomes | Rental Listings. Apartment Rent is little expensive than here! But California is the expensive than AZ and here. In my state is cheaper on apartment rents and mortgage house.

It depend on area where you live in city and country. If you live in small town. The rent will be cheapest!

California, Chicago, NYC, Florida's oceanside, and other are expensive in house and apartments.

Tampa and Orlando are very reasonable but house price has skyrocket in last several years until mortgage crisis began then house price is start falling but only issue is Florida has high interest rate for real estate, I believe so since got information from my hearing friend who currently live in Miami area, also need ask him again to make clarity.

Miami is fairly expensive but fun place to live.

For California, not all of them, usually central and inland area are cheap but not cheaper as your area, such as Bakersfield, Sacramento, Fresno and Inland Empire (Riverside/San San Bernardino), for all of this area, real estate is so expensive but apartment is reasonable, even some are cheap in some cases. Some part of LA, there's reasonable price for apartment in some good area, more on mixed income or so-so area, need more cheaper then go live in East LA, South LA, some part of valley, usually east and central part and any area that few miles away from south of wilshire blvd.

You means property tax? If you live in apartment or rent properties then no property tax.

Yeah Foxrac I meant to say property tax. The property in Lake (IN) is the highest in the state, but not as high as Cook, Lake (IL), McHenry, DuPage and etc.

Yeah Foxrac I meant to say property tax. The property in Lake (IN) is the highest in the state, but not as high as Cook, Lake (IL), McHenry, DuPage and etc.

There's other cheaper to live is... Detroit metro but property tax is higher too if you own the property.

Unfortunatley all renters DO pay property taxes, They were built in the rent. Whenever property taxes goes up, so is the rent. Trust me, If I rent my house to somebody I STILL have to pay taxes, where do I get money to pay taxes? Of course the renters. Often renters do pay higher property taxes than those who owns and reside the house. IF I rent my house to somebody, my property taxes will shot up.

diehardbiker, thats correct. The high property taxes here in Seattle are one of the reason why rents are high.

Unfortunatley all renters DO pay property taxes, They were built in the rent. Whenever property taxes goes up, so is the rent. Trust me, If I rent my house to somebody I STILL have to pay taxes, where do I get money to pay taxes? Of course the renters. Often renters do pay higher property taxes than those who owns and reside the house. IF I rent my house to somebody, my property taxes will shot up.

It's common sense about property tax has included in rent, that where landlord own this apartment property, I had been know about that but I was just said about simply word in topic, cost of property tax is varies based on value of building and dunno about renters paid more taxes than anyone own house because I had asked someone from my work that who is friend with with landlord and said both of renters or owners are no much difference on property tax.

Expensive house market has effect on apartment's rent prices as well.

Actually, it depends on location. Here we do have what is called "Homestead exempt" It means that the percent of property taxes is exempted when a owner actually lives in the property.,

It's common sense about property tax has included in rent, that where landlord own this apartment property, I had been know about that but I was just said about simply word in topic, cost of property tax is varies based on value of building and dunno about renters paid more taxes than anyone own house because I had asked someone from my work that who is friend with with landlord and said both of renters or owners are no much difference on property tax.

Expensive house market has effect on apartment's rent prices as well.

Actually, it depends on location. Here we do have what is called "Homestead exempt" It means that the percent of property taxes is exempted when a owner actually lives in the property.,

Ok, I got it, thanks for clarity.

I imagine Sedona is pretty upscale....

It isn't upscale--it's more like Cannon Beach to Oregon, Sedona to Arizona because of the natural beauty that surronds it.

Of course I was shocked to see a McDonald's in Sedona but was intrigued that it wasn't the yellow arches--it's turquoise!

The cheapest home I found in Sedona so far is $ 285,000......

Sedona is generally pretty expensive to live for a small town, basically. I think it's due to the beauty which surrounds the town.

There's other cheaper to live is... Detroit metro but property tax is higher too if you own the property.

The same is true here in Wisconsin. High property taxes are one of the reasons many people end up moving out of state.

Actually in the Greater Phoenix--homes are more affordable than Tucson, unless you want to live in a barrio.

We checked out homes in the Phoenix area and found them to be more affordable than Tucson due to supply and demand. When we were visiting Tucson, we found one house that we liked but unfortunately it was in a barrio.

Plus you can actually get a house with a swimming pool in the Phoenix area. :)

But of course--I prefer to live in Sedona.....

Tucson homes also have backyard pools. :)

I didn't know homes in Phoenix were more affordable than Tucson...interesting.
I'd also love to live in Sedona, but I'd never be able to afford it. Since that's the case, I'm considering Tempe (my first choice), Glendale or Mesa.

Well, your state has positive on internal migration, it means more people move to WI from other state than move out.
Wisconsin Bigger Cities (over 6000 residents) - Real Estate, Housing, Schools, Residents, Crime, Pollution, Demographics and More

For my state then no, we have negative on internal migration.

That's true. Internal migration might have something to do with the fact that several of our towns and cities were named as the "Top 10 Places to Live." (Among them are Green Bay, Madison, Stevens Point and Middleton)

Back