what s your opinion in halloween?

darkflare83

Reaction score
my opinion? witch crafts kidnapping poisoned candies cults and kids wreaking havoc need i say m0ore?

good excuse to throw eggs at houses of your enemies and blame it on the kids!

Halloween may look innocent, but there's somethin' deep inside Halloween that sometimes, kids do not know about. There's pagan, witchcraft, and all those dark sides do exist in Halloween.

I love to see the overjoy children around... They make me good feeling when I watch them joy... I think Halloween is cute... :thumb:

:ugh: Why are you so worried?! They do air on the news about Halloween safely in my hometown every year. I haven't heard at least one person or child been poison from candy in a long time, or being kidnapped, we have police driving around the neighborhood during Halloween night. One time someone egged someone's house, they got caught by the police and got arrested. ;)

Im not worried about Halloween because I am only taking my children trick and treat and I do know all about safelty. I don't know why some people think negative about everything, How about thinking postive and protect your children? :thumb:

That's information what I got from my US work place like this

Halloween Safety

1. Halloween is a cherished tradition but the excitement of the night can cause children to forget to be careful. There is no real "trick" to making Halloween a real treat for the entire family.

2. The major dangers are not from witches or spirits but rather from falls and pedestrian/car crashes.

Both children and adults need to think about safety on this annual day of make-believe.

Motorists

The National Safety Council urges motorists to be especially alert on Halloween.

Watch for children darting out from between parked cars

Watch for children walking on roadways, medians and curbs.

Enter and exit driveways and alleys carefully.

At twilight and later in the evening, watch for children in dark clothing.

Parents

Before children start out on their "trick or treat" rounds, parents should:

Make sure that an adult or an older responsible youth will be supervising the outing for children under age 12.

Plan and discuss the route trick-or-treaters intend to follow. Know the names of older children's companions.

Instruct your children to travel only in familiar areas and along an established route.

Establish a return time.

Teach your children to stop only at houses or apartment buildings that are well-lit and never to enter a stranger's home.

Tell your youngsters not to eat any treat until they return home.

Review all appropriate trick-or-treat safety precautions, including pedestrian/traffic safety rules.

Pin a slip of paper with the child's name, address and phone number inside a pocket in case the youngster gets separated from the group.

Costume Design

Only fire-retardant materials should be used for costumes.

Costumes should be loose so warm clothes can be worn underneath.

Costumes should not be so long that they are a tripping hazard. (Falls are the leading cause of unintentional injuries on Halloween.)

If children are allowed out after dark, outfits should be made with light colored materials. Strips of retro-reflective tape should be used to make children visible.

Face Design

Masks can obstruct a child's vision. Use facial make-up instead.

When buying special Halloween makeup, check for packages containing ingredients that are labeled "Made with U.S. Approved Color Additives," "Laboratory Tested," Meets Federal Standards for Cosmetics," or "Non-Toxic." Follow manufacturer's instruction for application.

If masks are worn, they should have nose and mouth openings and large eye holes.

Accessories

Knives, swords and other accessories should be made from cardboard or flexible materials. Do not allow children to carry sharp objects.

Bags or sacks carried by youngsters should be light-colored or trimmed with retro-reflective tape if children are allowed out after dark.

Carrying flashlights will help children see better and be seen more clearly.

On the Way

Children should understand and follow these rules:

Do not enter homes or apartments without adult supervision.

Walk, do not run, from house to house. Do not cross yards and lawns where unseen objects or the uneven terrain can present tripping hazards.

Walk on sidewalks, not in the street.

Walk on the left side of the road, facing traffic if there are no sidewalks.

Treats

To ensure a safe trick-or-treat outing, parents are urged to:

Give children an early meal before going out.

Insist that treats be brought home for inspection before anything is eaten.

Wash fruit and slice into small pieces.

When in doubt, throw it out.

Liebling's Edit: This is what I got from my work... :D

^ Thanks Liebling! ;)

And if children go out alone, they need to go with groups of three or more people and have a map outlining what route they should follow, if they get lost they should have a phone in hand to call in case anything happen.

One more thing, carry flashlights too, or glow in the dark light for kids and parents. :thumb:

true i agree with cheri and Liebling:)))... i love to take my god daughter there

when i was little i liked it but always knew we (me,my brother,and sister) would have to go to dentist in a week or two after halloween night. Now i just don't care for it or really to dressup. I remember one night iwas passing out candy and this little girl was at door. I was like hold on, and i turn around and the little girl was like "i want some candy" trying to open door lol.

We do have devil followers out here in the middle of no where, usually on halloween night. They take cats to alter and kill them.

They don't give black kittens or cats for up the adoption till after Halloween. It has been on news last few days about them being killed.

yeah, thats why I'm NOT too fond of Halloween
so I simply do not celebrate Halloween...
I used to think it was fun, but not anymore..
Too dangerous nowadays...

CyberRed said:
Halloween may look innocent, but there's somethin' deep inside Halloween that sometimes, kids do not know about. There's pagan, witchcraft, and all those dark sides do exist in Halloween.

Yeah, that maybe the origin of All Hallow's Eve, but that is not at all what its about today. The Halloween that is celebrated today is a water-downed, bastardized version that is simply over commercialized for profit by corporations. There is no harm in kids playing dress up for one night a year going door to door for candy. Now, if these kids were practicing witchcraft, sure, of course you have a reason to complain. But Halloween is as innocent of a celebration as Valentines Day.

No offense, but I think anyone who gets worked up and supersticious over Halloween is too uptight and needs to take a chillaxitive.

i used to love going trick or treat. and when my kiddo was little i had to be more careful cuz of stupid nuts putting poison and stuff in candy. now my grandkids we have parties at home and not go door to door. it's safer but a few idiots those long years past spoiled the fun for lots of people. otherwise i don't have a problem with halloween

I used to go trick or treating alot when i was young.. now that I have a son.. I took him to Monster Street in my hometown and take him to every business store .. many cops there on horses around and watch to make sure nothing bad happened.. its fun to go there and see people you know.. they even have games, face designs, a small building for kids to go in and jump in.. TJ love that.. ha.. :) after taht.. we would go to my moms neighborhood and go to the peoples homes that we know who.. if no lights on mean they are not serving candies.. with lights on.. then they are serving candies.. so we would stop at few homes before heading home.. :) I will not do that with my son this year as I am stuck here in Wyoming.. thats ok.. i will take him trick n treating next year.. :)

its actually an historical fact that halloween was from hallows eve in past times people only use that day to kill kids to sacrifice for dark gods they still do today that s why the kidnapping or murder and suicide counts are hight in oct 31st
and its not about thinking negaitive tis about facing the facts and being wise than being foolish and getting someone killed

To me Halloween is for kids going trick or treating, nothing more. :)

yeah could be just wish there s no murders and no kidnapping and no freaky cults going around and no suicide in halloween heck i wish halloween doesnt exist there s too many holiday for my tastes since halloween is the darkest and evilest holiday of the year i would perfer it to be deleted from the year heh but alas its not to be oh well that s life i guess nothing i can do about it

Back