what it like to be deaf

no I meant the "scottish mad" but means the same as the english one :lol:

and for reference I knew what mad you meant:lol: irony and all that:roll:

anyway just teasing :D passes the time

Quite true.

now now bottesini, bite your tongue:lol::lol:

I wonder if that was serious given the timing:hmm:

So I take it from all these posts that what it is like to be deaf in America is that you are dribbled on for talking with your hands, and if you use Americanese you are dribbled on for using language incorrectly, full of slangisms and crapola -- But if you don't you are dribbled on for not using English like an American -- you be so formal you sound like a furrenner. & u btter nt use netspeak.

Sounds to me like being deaf means you can't win the language game.

RID & NTID describe fluency in language as having the ability to play with it -- Prescriptive grammar does not allow play.

And now I gots to goes to work for earn a puter so's I ken keep track of y'all.

sarcasm in in highest form, lol made me laugh:lol:

yet less of the american, there's other folks who are members that live, use and abuse the english language, outside the US:lol:

Seems like you all live across the pond! Am I here all alone in England?

Mike

well mike, from my point of view as a scot, I wish:lol: but they are so many of you down there.
we have a saying up here, the only thing worse than an englishman, is two of the buggers:lol:

Mike i am from england too...

What's it's like to be deaf... it has it advantages.... i don't hear anyone snoring when i am asleep blissfully.

well mike, from my point of view as a scot, I wish:lol: but they are so many of you down there.
we have a saying up here, the only thing worse than an englishman, is two of the buggers:lol:
:laugh2:

Back