What is your stress relief?

I'm possibly an A positive blood type sicne I still do not know what mine is.

I always stress out for everything, I hate to sit and do nothing sometimes. I must to do something and go outgoing, and etc etc... If I am stress out, I usually take a rest up or my head rest against a table to relax, and anything to reduce my stress level may not work well. I hardly scream for air, but I tend to be resentful. Oh well...

my stress relief is to take a hot bath and relax. chatting with my friends are a part of my stress relief too. i could say sleeping is another thing. :)

Rarely been stressed lately...but if I do, take a hot bath, snuggle up with my hubby on the couch, read, and exercise.

To shooting range
Exercise
Playing a game
Read a book
To get in my truck and cuss out :)lol:)
Driving around

- A nice long nap
- a movie
- playing with my kitties
- drawing or painting
- doing any other types of art

If I'm extremely stressed out due to PTSD, or if something really bad happened, and none of the above helps, I take a Xanax and then watch a movie. They are usually reserved only for my panic attacks, but my doctor has given me permission to take it for when I am extremely stressed out, because it does calm me down. It doesn't happen much, though.

I take a Xanax and then watch a movie. They are usually reserved only for my panic attacks, but my doctor has given me permission to take it for when I am extremely stressed out, because it does calm me down. It doesn't happen much, though.

Many Many hugs! This is what I have to do when my PTSD is making me nuts. I have all kinds of christmas movies saved on Tivo cause they seem to calm me down the best

IMy stress relievers are candlemaking, quilting, beading and best of all... cuddling with my furrykids.

No cuddling with Aghori using the 52 incher? :giggle:

Oh and, also - Do you know the bubble package wrapping material that various carriers use to protect your stuffs while being shipped? Well, This may be weird but whenever I get a bubble package wrapping - I just like to pop all those bubbles all day long. :)

You too huh? :lol: Same here! Maybe if I ever come to Kentucky I can buy some and we can pop them all day long! :lol:

I know guys' answers, I think they afraid to answer.

For me,

• Play game
  • Create visual effect
  • Watch DVD
  • A long walk by river or cemetery
  • Read graphic novels

Cemetery? Really? Can I ask why?

Get out of town to visit new places if I got the money. I just went out of town recently. :P

You too huh? :lol: Same here! Maybe if I ever come to Kentucky I can buy some and we can pop them all day long! :lol:

Yep, for real. :lol:

If you ever come, That would sound good to pop them all day long! :lol:

It's funny because when I do the popping - My sister always rolls her eyes at me and tells me it's a kiddie thing to do. I tell her that even if it's a kiddie thing to do, It definitely tranquilizes me. :giggle:

It's funny because when I do the popping - My sister always rolls her eyes at me and tells me it's a kiddie thing to do. I tell her that even if it's a kiddie thing to do, It definitely tranquilizes me. :giggle:

Remind your sister that she needs to take care of her inner child every now and then! :lol:

- Smoke a cig/drink a beer
- Listen to music
- Read comics
- Meditate - think of a calm blue ocean and laying on the beach
- Do some networking on my private network

LOL, I love to pop them too when I get the bubble wrapping in the mail for whatever reason. I just pop 'em til they are all popped! Hee hee! I like how it feels when the bubble is popped. Dunno why.

Insane, All Out, Mind Blowing Workouts! Talk about a shot of natural calming serotonin afterward!

Remind your sister that she needs to take care of her inner child every now and then! :lol:

:lol: Don't we all too? :)

LOL, I love to pop them too when I get the bubble wrapping in the mail for whatever reason. I just pop 'em til they are all popped! Hee hee! I like how it feels when the bubble is popped. Dunno why.

Yeah, I don't know why I find it calming too, haha. I guess it's just the feel of it being popped on my thumbs makes it feel good too. :)

- Smoke a cig/drink a beer
- Listen to music
- Read comics
- Meditate - think of a calm blue ocean and laying on the beach
- Do some networking on my private network

I would really discourage drinking alcohol to de-stress, as it could easily become a problem. Alcoholism is a very slippery slope, and it can happen very easily. I have made it a rule NOT to drink when I am stressed and when I am alone. I do not want to become an alcoholic. So, I only drink at parties. And I don't go to parties very often, so alcoholism is not a problem for me.

I would really discourage drinking alcohol to de-stress, as it could easily become a problem. Alcoholism is a very slippery slope, and it can happen very easily. I have made it a rule NOT to drink when I am stressed and when I am alone. I do not want to become an alcoholic. So, I only drink at parties. And I don't go to parties very often, so alcoholism is not a problem for me.

An occasional drink does not make you alcoholic. Depending on the person's preferences, some may find alcohol calms them - most of whom responsibly drink only enough for the calming effect. I do so on occasion also, and don't consider myself an alcoholic because I don't have a crave for it. Those that drown in the stuff almost everyday, it's not only stress, but some serious underlying psychological problem that needs serious medical intervention. What's sad is their denial of being an alcoholic as their ability to know when to stop is corrupted.

An occasional drink does not make you alcoholic. Depending on the person's preferences, some may find alcohol calms them - most of whom responsibly drink only enough for the calming effect. I do so on occasion also, and don't consider myself an alcoholic because I don't have a crave for it. Those that drown in the stuff almost everyday, it's not only stress, but some serious underlying psychological problem that needs serious medical intervention. What's sad is their denial of being an alcoholic as their ability to know when to stop is corrupted.

I'm not saying that an occasional drink would make you an alcoholic. What I am saying is that if you use alcohol to de-stress, and if you do it a lot, it could very easily become a drinking problem. Alcoholism is a very slippery slope. Some people don't realize that it has become a problem already, and therefore are not able to stop. Alcoholism can happen very easily if you are not careful and if you are not aware of how much and how often you drink, and the reasons you are drinking for.

I know this because my dad's wife is an alcoholic. I don't think she has stopped drinking, but I don't know for sure because I have not seen her since around 2002, as she is such a bitch and nobody can stand her. She is so horrible when she is drinking.

Jillio, what is your opinion on this?

I'm not saying that an occasional drink would make you an alcoholic. What I am saying is that if you use alcohol to de-stress, and if you do it a lot, it could very easily become a drinking problem. Alcoholism is a very slippery slope. Some people don't realize that it has become a problem already, and therefore are not able to stop. Alcoholism can happen very easily if you are not careful and if you are not aware of how much and how often you drink, and the reasons you are drinking for.

I know this because my dad's wife is an alcoholic. I don't think she has stopped drinking, but I don't know for sure because I have not seen her since around 2002, as she is such a bitch and nobody can stand her. She is so horrible when she is drinking.

Jillio, what is your opinion on this?

I've been there, I was beginning to wonder what the purpose of all this drinking was about...no one was having a good time anymore, low points were brought up often, and still, she claims she wasn't drunk. Bullshit! I can see it as clear as day. You're right about those that can't stop. I'm one of those that can, simply by moderating intake. Alcohol will always be around, it's a sad fact, but all we can do is learn and prepare to deal with it, especially those that push "a couple more".

Back