What is your profession?

I currently studying my final year Bachelor of Design (multimedia). I have been studying for four years and completed 3 different courses. I want to be animator/ motion graphic design. :-D

I am currently studying my first year Animal Science, will transfer to Vet Science at the end of 2009.

1. In the '60s, I was an army firearms instructor. I still have NRA credentials and help local instructors.

2. I taught writing, literature, and history for a quarter century. I'm retired, but still teach when needed at the local college.

3. Now I edit manuscripts and write novels.

I am a helpdesk tech support agent. I work on the phone in front of a computer. Before that I was in direct sales. I have moderate to severe hearing loss, and wear hearing aides. With my hearing aides I can get about 80% of what is said.

i do better in direct sales as I learned how to use my hearing problem to my advantage ;)

i have two jobs i dishwasher at golden corral. i get free food while im there!! and i get employee discount. and i stocker at target! i like both jobs very much. i save money and go to college and become lawyer someday! or maybe become social worker for deaf.

i have two jobs i dishwasher at golden corral. i get free food while im there!! and i get employee discount. and i stocker at target! i like both jobs very much. i save money and go to college and become lawyer someday! or maybe become social worker for deaf.

great ambition! good luck! :cool2:

How many hours a week do you work at each job and what does each job pay?

hi vam!!! i work 35 hours at golden corral and it pay 6.55 but i get free food so it pay more if you add that. and i work 20-22 hours at target and it pay 6.80! i like both jobs very much. they very fun. and sometime at golden corral i get to help cut food and put it out! i love my jobs.

hi vam!!! i work 35 hours at golden corral and it pay 6.55 but i get free food so it pay more if you add that. and i work 20-22 hours at target and it pay 6.80! i like both jobs very much. they very fun. and sometime at golden corral i get to help cut food and put it out! i love my jobs.
Sometimes, I feel that those jobs should be paying more considering the cost of living that we have to go through. :(

I was a day trader in high school and did very well. My last year of high school I bought a 2,000+ acre run down over grown crop farm that I was going to play with as a hobby as I went to collage. I ended up dropping out of collage because my hobby took to much time. I still do ok in trading stock but the times I play are slim the economy the way it is.

But I’m a farmer. I have a bunch of cows that I sell on the hoof to one of the “special” stake places that sells on QVC and a few other places. 100% grass fed, no antibiotics, blah blah blah.

During the slow parts of the year I work about 3 hours a day 7 days a week. There are parts of the summer I work 20 hours a day for multiple days at a time.

Im Senior Desktop Analyst working for Kaiser Permanente. I have the videophone working through our corporate firewall system. Inbound and Outbound calls are not a problem to me. Love my job.

Professions

Hello All Deaf! What is your profession or what profession would you like to have.

Hi:

I am a credentialed Montessori Teacher for 2-6 year old kids. I have a BA from TLBC.EDU and have combined the two and opened my own small Montessori Christian Preschool. I have been in the teaching field since 2000.

I dream of doing something a bit more artistic - graphics, design, creating things out of nothing....and not being bothered to have to talk to hearing staff and parents all the time...

shrugs ;):D

I'm finishing up a Dual Masters, one is in economics and the other in mathematics. I am planning on getting my PhD in economics right after. I'm sure that I will end up teaching at a university. I can't imagine myself doing anything other than teaching and doing cool research.

Linux/Windows Systems Administrator.

Also, Webmaster for ShatteredTears NOC, as well as Systems Operator for Digibase.

... uh, I think that's about it. Oh no, wait.

Tech Support and Network Administrator for my household. >_>

I'm migrating the network to a corporate-grade environment since I prefer the security and excellent setup of a corporate network environ.

... That's about all, really.

Back