What Is Your Favorite Version Of Windows With Current Support?

Jane B.

Reaction score
The title says it. What is your favorite version of Windows with current support?

I don't like Windows at all. I have Windows 10 on a tablet used specifically for sites that I have to use that demand Explorer and can't be accessed without it.

I don't like Windows at all. I have Windows 10 on a tablet used specifically for sites that I have to use that demand Explorer and can't be accessed without it.

I have had very little experience with anything else but Windows and will be staying with it because I prefer WordPerfect for word processing and it has been a long time since there has been a MAC version.

I do not use Explorer but Firefox.

I have had very little experience with anything else but Windows and will be staying with it because I prefer WordPerfect for word processing and it has been a long time since there has been a MAC version.

I do not use Explorer but Firefox.
Botts doesn't use Explorer either except when a website requires it.

Right now my preferred version is Windows 7 Professional, although the Windows 8 on my tablet is OK. I will soon be upgrading to Windows 10. I have El Capitan on my Mac, so I'm flexible.

For word processing I have MS Office 2013 on our Windows computers and MS Office for Mac 2011 on my Mac.

Girl, just bite the bullet and convert to a current OS and Office. :lol:

Right now my preferred version is Windows 7 Professional, although the Windows 8 on my tablet is OK. I will soon be upgrading to Windows 10. I have El Capitan on my Mac, so I'm flexible.

For word processing I have MS Office 2013 on our Windows computers and MS Office for Mac 2011 on my Mac.

Girl, just bite the bullet and convert to a current OS and Office. :lol:

I have tried WORD from time to time over the years and I DO NOT LIKE IT. Even if you do it does not mean that everyone has to use it!!!!!!!!!

Botts doesn't use Explorer either except when a website requires it.

Maybe I would not have gotten this reply from you if I would have included the words "I also" to my reply to Botts. I am well aware that she said she did not like to use it.

I have tried WORD from time to time over the years and I DO NOT LIKE IT. Even if you do it does not mean that everyone has to use it!!!!!!!!!
I didn't say you would "like" it. It just a reality that time marches on.

T's not be a matter of everyone having to use something just because I do. If you want your word processing to be compatible with other systems and hardware, and secure with support, you might need to make changes, like it or lump it.

Trying a program from time to time over the years isn't the same as getting used to it by consistent practice. Also, Word 2013 is different from Word 2010 which is different from other previous versions.

Some community colleges offer classes in using Office products (there are so many cool features that a user can learn). Sometimes the courses are free for senior citizens.

What feature in particular did you not like about Word?

I didn't say you would "like" it. It just a reality that time marches on.

T's not be a matter of everyone having to use something just because I do. If you want your word processing to be compatible with other systems and hardware, and secure with support, you might need to make changes, like it or lump it.

Trying a program from time to time over the years isn't the same as getting used to it by consistent practice. Also, Word 2013 is different from Word 2010 which is different from other previous versions.

Some community colleges offer classes in using Office products (there are so many cool features that a user can learn). Sometimes the courses are free for senior citizens.

What feature in particular did you not like about Word?

I do our church newsletter and using WordPerfect has NOT been an obstacle to getting files in Word's .docx format. You are the one that is behind if you think WordPerfect is not still around.

I do our church newsletter and using WordPerfect has NOT been an obstacle to getting files in Word's .docx format. You are the one that is behind if you think WordPerfect is not still around.
If you're keeping up with current WordPerfect (X7) software and it's fully compatible with MS Word and all the work you do then that's fine. If you were in the job market it might be a different matter but for your personal stuff it suits you.

I used WordPerfect back in the early 90's (I think it was 5.1) and I had no complaints about it.

Just saying it's good to keep your options open.

Last edited:
Hmmm let's see.

Baby Dell has windows 7 (I like)
Creaky Dell has XP (I like but not supported)
Laptop has XP
the mac I fiddle around on from time to time has El Capitan.

Have worked with Windows 10 both at my volunteer place and on my sister's laptops (2 of them, the really ancient one has Windows ME on it! :eek2:) and really like it once you get used to it.

I don't recall what's on all the other macs and Windows PCs in dad's office (Do know there's a Win 98 or 95 in there somewhere- offline of course).

OK so Dad and I are nerds/geeks....

I need to find out if I can upgrade to Win 10 for the laptop as I plan to give it to a friend who is going back to school (well classes for home health care) and I hardly ever use it anyway. Plan to for Baby Dell but need to get a bigger backup drive to do a back up first.

Every OS (Operating System) gets outdated in a few years as the new one comes in. New features added and stability... same goes with Office (Word, Excel). We all get used to the new features when it comes in... and the developer can't please everybody. It is what it is, and there is other competitors that use different design, and if you find one to like it, then use it.

To each his/her own... if you want to keep old software/version... or if you prefer updated and stability, that's your decision.

The support for Windows Vista will be ended by next year.

It is one of worst OS since Windows ME, I hated it.

first I pick IOS is alright , My favorite is 10, 7 windows I guess .. it doesn't matter what I like..

:iough:

Back