What is your favorite singer/band?

Wirelessly posted

I am a music junkie, to pick a favorite ( singular) is very rough. Out of my list of bands, it would be Aerosmith! I love Bostons finest rock and roll band. Singer Steven Tyler , is a Patriot fan :)

Last edited:
I remember when people started burning Dixie Chicks CDs because the Dixie Chicks said they were ashamed that Bush was from Texas. ;)

Yea, I remember the drama...I think the lead singer said that b/c she was upset about the war in Iraq.

Sorry...what is compression??

Sorry for the :topic: response, but....the best way I can describe sound compression with the N5 is: Imagine an electric piano. If you push one key and hold it, it will continuously emit that tone (frequency). The N5 program will recognize that there is one frequency that is constant, and will reduce the sound of that tone to very little. So, when you are in a car, and get up to speed, you will hear the nonstop drone of the tires and wind. If you turn compression on, those noises become very quiet, and if there is someone else in the vehicle talking, their voice becomes loud and clear.

That is why I don't use compression to listen to music, as I want to hear all the frequencies at the same time.

Favorite band: Marilyn Manson, been a fan since I was 11 (thank you mom) I'm currently listening to sweet dreams are made of this.

Favorite singer: none, I can't judge...

Beethoven!! (okaaaay jeeesh...I know it's not a band!! I like both Clasical and Jaz!!)

AC DC, Aerosmith, The B52's, Duran Duran, and U2

Favorite band: Marilyn Manson, been a fan since I was 11 (thank you mom) I'm currently listening to sweet dreams are made of this.

Favorite singer: none, I can't judge...

I like Marilyn Manson......but Annie Lennox did Sweet Dreams way better ;) Love that woman's pipes lol

Wirelessly posted

The Galway hooker band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=simaGpoHsm8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
My favorite musical artist of all time was and always will be 2Pac. I love all types of music though, and some others at the top of my list are Godsmack, Metallica, Dixie Chicks, Janis Joplin, The Doors, Mary J. Blige...the list could go on for a while. :)

This one is REALLY hard for me and has to be broken down into 3 categories:

Fav. Male Singer: Darren Hayes (Lead singer of Savage Garden and has gone solo, AMAZING singer/songer writer/composer) No will ever top him in my book.

Fav. Female Singer: Celine Dion

Fav. Band: Ace of Base (Yes you read that right, I'm still in love with them and they are still around!) :lol:

I used to love, "I Saw the Sign"... Although I wasn't aware of the strong religious undertones of the song and group at the time- not that it would have changed what I thought about the song.

Justin Bieber (yeah, I know he's a lightweight, but his songs are catchy), and Yanni, who makes me float with his music.

I like Delerium very much...it's very soothing...same with Sade and Enya.

Another choice of mine....they are not very popular here in the US, but their music is very soothing, a mix of folk/country/rock. The guy looks like crap, but his guitar and singing skills are awesome. Angus & Julia Stone are Aussies.

Here are two versions of the same song, Big Jet Plane. I like the live CanalChat version, as the music is so clear:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvD7a2fRV7A]Angus & Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane / Live acoustique RCS#12 - YouTube[/ame]

This is the official version, slightly different, but still good:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFTvbcNhEgc]Angus and Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane [Official Music Video] - YouTube[/ame]

My favorite musical artist of all time was and always will be 2Pac. I love all types of music though, and some others at the top of my list are Godsmack, Metallica, Dixie Chicks, Janis Joplin, The Doors, Mary J. Blige...the list could go on for a while. :)

Today I got to meet James Hetfield, co-founder and lead guitarist of Metallica. It was fantastic. He is much better looking in person, and seemed to be a very nice guy. :)

Favorite female singer is Yoko Ishida. Male singer is John Reuben. I don't have a favorite band just a bunch I like. Disturbed, project 86, Pillar and Maximum the Hormone.

I don't care much for music. I like opera but only hear high sound. I watched closed captioned or subtitles which the singers were singing their songs. Gotta have closed captioned if you want to know what the singers were singing about.

Another choice of mine....they are not very popular here in the US, but their music is very soothing, a mix of folk/country/rock. The guy looks like crap, but his guitar and singing skills are awesome. Angus & Julia Stone are Aussies.

Here are two versions of the same song, Big Jet Plane. I like the live CanalChat version, as the music is so clear:

Angus & Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane / Live acoustique RCS#12 - YouTube

This is the official version, slightly different, but still good:

Angus and Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane [Official Music Video] - YouTube

Those two videos don't have closed captioned or subtitles if the singers were singing. Don't you know that we are deaf or hard of hearing, eh?

Just because you have CI does not mean we could understand the words very clearly especially lipreading. Lipreading is not that easy. We might misunderstand what they are saying if the words are not exact what they sing. Please, put close captioned next time. Thanks.

I don't care much for music. I like opera but only hear high sound. I watched closed captioned or subtitles which the singers were singing their songs. Gotta have closed captioned if you want to know what the singers were singing about.

If we are listing music that isn't just singers or bands, I do like symphony orchestras.

Especially if I can get close in the front, there is great sound for me in the power of the basses and tympani, and I really enjoy it.

Back