What is your favorite singer/band?

justagirl

Reaction score
This one is REALLY hard for me and has to be broken down into 3 categories:

Fav. Male Singer: Darren Hayes (Lead singer of Savage Garden and has gone solo, AMAZING singer/songer writer/composer) No will ever top him in my book.

Fav. Female Singer: Celine Dion

Fav. Band: Ace of Base (Yes you read that right, I'm still in love with them and they are still around!) :lol:

I don't think the Beatles will ever die, they are just classic! :)

Yes, they're classic. I prefer them over one of the many up and coming bands that may be forgotten in 5 years. That is just my opinion, but I don't go for fads. I go more for classic feelings over fads.

Yes, they're classic. I prefer them over one of the many up and coming bands that may be forgotten in 5 years. That is just my opinion, but I don't go for fads. I go more for classic feelings over fads.

I agree with you there, wholeheartedly. I've never been one to follow fads either, I've loved all the ones I just mentioned for years and have never wavered. Another type of music I like is big band and tons of song from the 50's. Like Poison Ivy, Love Potion #9, Chantilly Lace, Wake Up Little Suzie (one of my fav songs).

I hate a lot of the music that we nowadays, it all sounds like crap to me...but then again maybe I'm getting old...lol

john lennon died few days before i lost hearing,..beatles were my fav group and john was the last singer i heard....i saw them when i was 15 did bunk from school to see them i had great hearing then, but could not hear one note at that concert for screaming

I would have to say No Doubt/Gwen Stefani and Mana. I am starting to like Katy Perry. Her songs are catchy.

I like a few singers and bands, but my favorite is Daft Punk. :)

Beatles and Bad Company
These are the two bands I am trying to learn how to listen to again. Great music never dies!!

Since I upgraded to the N5 processors, I can now appreciate guitar music even more, and Pink Floyd's music is orgasmic. Delerium is another. There are too many good bands out there, so I really can't say I have a favorite. Certain female singers, like Nadina, Sade, Enya, etc, can be very soothing to listen to.

Since I upgraded to the N5 processors, I can now appreciate guitar music even more, and Pink Floyd's music is orgasmic. Delerium is another. There are too many good bands out there, so I really can't say I have a favorite. Certain female singers, like Nadina, Sade, Enya, etc, can be very soothing to listen to.

What program do you use on your CI? Do you use the cable you plug into your processor and connect it to your stero, phone or something? Or can you just listen to music without all that stuff? Music still sounds like noise to me.

What program do you use on your CI? Do you use the cable you plug into your processor and connect it to your stero, phone or something? Or can you just listen to music without all that stuff? Music still sounds like noise to me.

I use the regular, everyday setting. I tried Cochlear's music setting, but it did not sound right to me, kind of suppressed some of the frequencies. Keep in mind that it took me at least 6-8 months before I could fully enjoy music from initial implantation. I don't use compression either, as it blocks out some frequencies too. I only use compression while driving.

I use the regular, everyday setting. I tried Cochlear's music setting, but it did not sound right to me, kind of suppressed some of the frequencies. Keep in mind that it took me at least 6-8 months before I could fully enjoy music from initial implantation. I don't use compression either, as it blocks out some frequencies too. I only use compression while driving.

Sorry...what is compression??

why do you guys ask these impossible questions lol I have favorite(s) plural, so yes you're getting a list

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dave Matthews Band, Rusted Root, Beastie Boys, Parlaiment and Morphine.

It's been a couple years since I heard 'new" music, since I got new aids I can at least enjoy some of my favorites. I can remember what they're supposed to sound like, it helps.

Well, I dont like very many music but I sure was a big fan of Dixie Chicks. I do like one song from Alan Jackson, I got a woman Im tryin to drink away and I got a long,long way to go. :lol:

I love country music... Hell Yeah!

Well, I dont like very many music but I sure was a big fan of Dixie Chicks. I do like one song from Alan Jackson, I got a woman Im tryin to drink away and I got a long,long way to go. :lol:

I remember when people started burning Dixie Chicks CDs because the Dixie Chicks said they were ashamed that Bush was from Texas. ;)

Singer - Melanie Chisholm (solo)
Band - Guns n' Roses

Guns n' Roses, Sweet Child of Mine...Like that one a lot!

I like Delerium very much...it's very soothing...same with Sade and Enya.

why do you guys ask these impossible questions lol I have favorite(s) plural, so yes you're getting a list

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dave Matthews Band, Rusted Root, Beastie Boys, Parlaiment and Morphine.

It's been a couple years since I heard 'new" music, since I got new aids I can at least enjoy some of my favorites. I can remember what they're supposed to sound like, it helps.

Red Hot Chili Peppers...oh yeah! :)

I like some country...mainly only George Strait and Garth Brooks...the old stuff.

Anyone a fan of the old Micheal Jackson songs? I really loved and still love Billy Jean...Smooth Criminal and Black and White so name some of my fav's.:D

But Darren Hayes will always rule in my world....My 3 month old is just as in love with him...lol it's the only music she will just instantly stop crying too. As my husband says...Darren is her boyfriend...lol

Back