What is your favorite book?

H.o.H_Angel

Reaction score
I want to read a really good book, but they're hard to find. What's your favorite book?

I have lots of favorites, but if you are looking for a good book, almost anything by Dean Koontz is great.

I like a little of everything. I mostly stay with fiction though. I liked The Giver that was a really great book. It really just depends on the book though.

i still struggling with 'shades of grey' and i giving 'sophies world' another go by jostein gaarder.thats cool book but got be in mood for that one

it an engaging mystery story that forms accessible lucid introduction into philosophy and philosphers,3000 years of philosophy condence into 400 hundred pages.complexed arguments not trivialising them but presenting them in very engaging way....it truely extraordinary book well worth a read more than once

Game of thrones series is good, but difficult to get into.
Have you tried Patricia Cornwell? Her earlier books are amazing.

She writes about a female medical examiner who gets involved in murder cases. Her first ten or so books are addictive.

My favorite author is Nicky Hornby - his "Fever Pitch" is a semi-Autobiography, explanation (probably for his wife :lol:) for his love (or addiction) to soccer (football to non-americans). High Fidelity of course.

"among the thugs" was a fascinating read...talks about soccer hooliganism in europe, especially england. journalist goes undercover and writes about the experience.

Stiegg Larsson's the girl with a dragon tattoo was really nicely written.

Either of Holly Lisle's Korre novels could be my favorite. They're both fantasy and are both really epic; they focus on the global politics of her world and the wars that go on between the Tonk and, well, everybody else.

I also recommend The Trudeau Vector, by Juris Jurjevics. It's been a long time since I read it, but it's very suspenseful. It takes a while to get going, though-- a very long while. But it is worth persevering. It's set in a research station way up north above the Arctic Circle, where for no known reason, people are suddenly being found dead with their bodies stiff and contorted into strange poses and the irises and pupils of their eyes gone. The story focuses on the investigation and from what I remember, it's really good. On the other hand, it has been a really long time since I read it.

That's what I recommend for fiction, at least.

@Craigm you really like "football" huh? :p

there's a lot of suspense that gets posted here...but not complaining hehehe :)

@Craigm you really like "football" huh? :p

there's a lot of suspense that gets posted here...but not complaining hehehe :)

ehh...y'know...I do like it ...a little bit :lol:..

"among the thugs" had some suspense in it...y'know before fights and whatnot:laugh2:

I want to read a really good book, but they're hard to find. What's your favorite book?
It sounds very stupped, but I like old books. Books that are almost hundered years old or more. I think I like most those four Jack Londons books, that I found fron secondhand store. I just saw that those books were old, but didn't know that those were first finnish editions. I feel a little proud of myself, that I have them :)
You are american, so I could make me like a fool, when I say that I recommend you to read Jack Londons books.

Back