Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Huawei

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • HTC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
It was boring for me because the family would chat about the background behind each photo and, of course, I couldn't lipread them or understand in the dark. I had to be patient and wait for the next slide. Not exactly fun when you're 8 years old.

It was boring for me because the family would chat about the background behind each photo and, of course, I couldn't lipread them or understand in the dark. I had to be patient and wait for the next slide. Not exactly fun when you're 8 years old.

I can understand that from what came for me much later. Although I lost all hearing in one ear at 5 the other one was very, very good into adulthood. So, I was very much a part of those type of discussions growing up.

Im not a kool kid with zoom feature yet. Maybe next month!

LOL @ the boring slide shows. I had to endure that all growing up! :) I think my folks still have their OLD projector!

I THINK we still have a ton of slides from the many trips my grandparents took when they retired. Good chance my mother and/or aunt threw them out- no idea. I had hoped in the past to somehow get them converted to print (and later to digital form) but never got around to doing it.

My dad got a slide scanner and scanned them all into digital files. Not without hours of my help though! :lol:

LOL @ the boring slide shows. I had to endure that all growing up! :) I think my folks still have their OLD projector!

My grandparents have them and I brought home a bunch boxes of carousel slides. I've been there when I was young and when family was using projector to view them.. I was bored when they were talking about the pictures, just staring at the wall doing nothing as I don't understand a word they are talking about.

My grandparents has slide pictures from 1950s to early 1980's.

My dad got a slide scanner and scanned them all into digital files. Not without hours of my help though! :lol:

Slide scanner? I'll have to do some investigating in the near future... but that's after I find a way to easily (and quickly?) scan a ton of pictures from my parents' childhood and onwards(before mom changes her mind and dumps 'em all)... there's a trunk full. Would like to get dad's family as there's so few pictures of his...

Slide scanner? I'll have to do some investigating in the near future... but that's after I find a way to easily (and quickly?) scan a ton of pictures from my parents' childhood and onwards(before mom changes her mind and dumps 'em all)... there's a trunk full. Would like to get dad's family as there's so few pictures of his...

It isn't too expensive. It is a slide scanner/printer/copier all-in-one. I think it is HP.

My grandparents have them and I brought home a bunch boxes of carousel slides. I've been there when I was young and when family was using projector to view them.. I was bored when they were talking about the pictures, just staring at the wall doing nothing as I don't understand a word they are talking about.

My grandparents has slide pictures from 1950s to early 1980's.

The earliest I have are ones taken by my aunt in the early 1940's and maybe the late 1930's.

Back