Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Huawei

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • HTC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
I still have Moto and love every minute of it. Had never had any problem yet. It's going strong since Feb this year.

I been thinking of purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S8. Anyone have it? Someone you know have it? What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I been thinking of purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S8. Anyone have it? Someone you know have it? What are your thoughts?

I'm about to get one (as a gift from relative(s)- otherwise I'd be delaying getting a new phone for another year or two lol). My current phone is a Galaxy s5 and I love it.

Believe it or not, I'm still using my 9 year old BB8330. I think it is time for a change! Can anyone top that? :)

I think any phone can top a 9 year old phone. Any new one would let you get what you want.

Anything that lets you SEE photos. Your POS makes people send you emails. How so 80's.

Anything that lets you SEE photos. Your POS makes people send you emails. How so 80's.

But emails opened on a computer rather than a phone gives you soooo much larger photos and thus more detail in each.

But emails opened on a computer rather than a phone gives you soooo much larger photos and thus more detail in each.

We ALL know that, Jane. Did you not? But it can be convenient to get a quick glimpse on your phone first. OMG.

I don't carry my computer around with me, so getting pics via email or text on my phone I get to see them a lot sooner than if I waited till I got home And guess what! I can zoom in to see detail. Oh, my!

Ever heard of zoom in? Phones are capable of zoom in to see more details. Smh

I don't carry my computer around with me, so getting pics via email or text on my phone I get to see them a lot sooner than if I waited till I got home And guess what! I can zoom in to see detail. Oh, my!

I don't use a phone that way so immediately thought of how much larger a computer screen is than a phone screen. I am retired and use my computer for most things. I do have a cell phone that has Android Marshmallow as the OS. But it is carried much more as a peace of mind thing for calls than anything else. Once in a great while I will look at a site on it.

Most cell phones now are capable of zoom in. My last phone before the s5, I couldn't zoom in on a lot of things.

Yes a computer or laptop.. or even a tablet would be 'better' for viewing photos but having a phone with email capabilities and viewing photos is great for when you are away from your computer. I don't exactly lug a 25" monitor around even in the house. Yes I'm lazy enough to not run upstairs or to another room to check my email every 10 minutes (job search + trying to set up for Utah...) so a phone is a good thing to have. My 78 year old father finally moved up from a flip phone- his provider kind of forced it on him plus he kept dropping it when he opened it lol. I think he secretly loves his new phone for the ability to show pictures..

Cell phones are the new "bring pictures to family get togethers to show off" (or the boring slide shows- glad we never did those).

LOL @ the boring slide shows. I had to endure that all growing up! :) I think my folks still have their OLD projector!

LOL @ the boring slide shows. I had to endure that all growing up! :) I think my folks still have their OLD projector!

Once again I am different as I have pleasant memories of both 8mm movies (no sound) and slides from the 40's and 50's.

I have two movie projectors. One from my dad and one from an aunt from mom's side of the family.

Also a slide projector that you switch the slides by hand in as you show them. There is a hand held slide viewer that you put a slide in and point it at a light from a table lamp or whatever source of light you prefer. Then there is a screen for showing either movies or slides.

My aunt took even more than my dad did documenting family events, trips she took and events at church.

Back