• Huawei

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • HTC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

AlleyCat

It was boring for me because the family would chat about the background behind each photo and, of course, I couldn't lipread them or understand in the dark. I had to be patient and wait for the next slide. Not exactly fun when you're 8 years old.

Jane B.

It was boring for me because the family would chat about the background behind each photo and, of course, I couldn't lipread them or understand in the dark. I had to be patient and wait for the next slide. Not exactly fun when you're 8 years old.
I can understand that from what came for me much later. Although I lost all hearing in one ear at 5 the other one was very, very good into adulthood. So, I was very much a part of those type of discussions growing up.

DeafDucky

LOL @ the boring slide shows. I had to endure that all growing up! :) I think my folks still have their OLD projector!
I THINK we still have a ton of slides from the many trips my grandparents took when they retired. Good chance my mother and/or aunt threw them out- no idea. I had hoped in the past to somehow get them converted to print (and later to digital form) but never got around to doing it.

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
LOL @ the boring slide shows. I had to endure that all growing up! :) I think my folks still have their OLD projector!
My grandparents have them and I brought home a bunch boxes of carousel slides. I've been there when I was young and when family was using projector to view them.. I was bored when they were talking about the pictures, just staring at the wall doing nothing as I don't understand a word they are talking about.

My grandparents has slide pictures from 1950s to early 1980's.

DeafDucky

My dad got a slide scanner and scanned them all into digital files. Not without hours of my help though! :lol:
Slide scanner? I'll have to do some investigating in the near future... but that's after I find a way to easily (and quickly?) scan a ton of pictures from my parents' childhood and onwards(before mom changes her mind and dumps 'em all)... there's a trunk full. Would like to get dad's family as there's so few pictures of his...

AlleyCat

Slide scanner? I'll have to do some investigating in the near future... but that's after I find a way to easily (and quickly?) scan a ton of pictures from my parents' childhood and onwards(before mom changes her mind and dumps 'em all)... there's a trunk full. Would like to get dad's family as there's so few pictures of his...
It isn't too expensive. It is a slide scanner/printer/copier all-in-one. I think it is HP.

Jane B.

My grandparents have them and I brought home a bunch boxes of carousel slides. I've been there when I was young and when family was using projector to view them.. I was bored when they were talking about the pictures, just staring at the wall doing nothing as I don't understand a word they are talking about.

My grandparents has slide pictures from 1950s to early 1980's.
The earliest I have are ones taken by my aunt in the early 1940's and maybe the late 1930's.

Communication Software for Deaf Hard of Hearing - NexTalk