What is the name of a website that offers person to person on VP computer?

webexplorer

Reaction score
Hello

I was at my hearing sister's house to use her computer to contact my friend with Convo Relay, Purple, and ZVRS. I was very surprised that these companies do not provide person to person on their website. They do have the list for both hearing and deaf, but it is strictly only use for relay interpreter from deaf to hearing or hearing to deaf.

The only way for us is to use a videophone device such as Sorenson, P3, ZVRS's models, etc that allow us to contact a deaf person without the relay service. Did they changed the policy?

Is there a website that let you to talk to person on the computer without the relay? For example IM with video, but will it work with Sorenson or others?

What you appear to be asking for is a way to place P2P video calls from your web browser using Adobe Flash and no other video client software installed on your computer.

The VRS world has always been dependent on H.323 to place video calls with H.263 encoded video. The Adobe Flash player plugin only encodes video using the Sorenson Spark video codec (which is similar to H.263, but incompatible). At present, there is no solution that will transcode the video codecs from H.263 <> Sorenson Spark video.

Because of this, there is presently no way to place P2P iTRS calls from your web browser using Adobe Flash to an H.323 (or SIP, for that matter) videophone.

This is why Purple is complaining to the FCC that providers like Convo do not allow P2P calls from their "cloud" solution.

If you really must place P2P calls, just download and install P3 or Z4 on your sister's PC/MAC, and login as you would from your home PC/MAC, then place your video calls as you normally would.

Well.. You forgot to mention that VRS dont make any profit from p2p. Thats why most company foucs on VRS not p2p.

Most VRS providers need to get profit for using VRS. If video relay service will be slumping down, they will cut some deaf interpreters. Some providers don't care about P2P. I don't like too many VRS over 30. I want enough 4 to 5 providers. FCC screws! Waste to pay for too many VRS.

Hi there,

I'm plan to get a mac and that would be download the P3 from the Purple Communications, So my MVP had died last august of 2010. R.I.P MVP :(..

Most VRS providers need to get profit for using VRS. If video relay service will be slumping down, they will cut some deaf interpreters. Some providers don't care about P2P. I don't like too many VRS over 30. I want enough 4 to 5 providers. FCC screws! Waste to pay for too many VRS.

I agree. I guess we have a paradox here ? too many vrs's, but need them for competition to keeps ideas and features free flowing to have equal rights in communication?

CLAP CLAP CLAP!

Back