What if your precouisly son/Daughter.....

GalaxyAngel

Reaction score
1.When your son/daughter can responbile and to go outgoing and come back home very late? "curfew"

2.What if your son/daughter wants date werid person or dangerous person?

3.How can you deal with your son/daughter about the date? (Really you don't want that person date of your son/daughter whatever)

4. What if your daughter turns sexy outfit looks not proprite behave, how can you deal with your daughter?

5.What if your son/daughter force you for large allowance?

6. What if your son/daughter caught by police and end up in jail? How do you feel ?

7. What if your son/daughter has drunk or stoned by under age, how can you deal with your son/daughter?

Important feedback about this debate... which the best for your interest son or daughter.

Let's discuss whatever u feel.. ( I would be very happy discussion this topic all of you guys) :) :thumb:

My answer: following the question...
1. I would be very upset about my son or daughter arrives very late curfew and will make them grounded for a day or 2 days depend how much late curfew.

2. *ahhh* I might be freak out and hoping my son or daughter condiser not ongoing date.

3. I'd rather allow my son/daughter can have date little bit older enough when become senior high school.

4. I will displince my daughter and must proprite wear outfit and not allow wear sexy or slut clothes.

5. I do not want giving my son/daughter large allowance under age. If suppose my son/daughter have good reason about the borrowing large amount from my money unless if she/he have a job.

6. I would be very upset and embrassement and doesn't want my son/daughter might be in jail. Cost me more money for bailing or attend the court for lawyer.

7. I might not happy with my son or daughter got drunk.. I'll grounded my child for a week and no allowance or no borrow my car whatever...

My feeling about this issues pretty hard conquestion for my children's future. All I want best interest for my child better life and happy stable living too.

Hmmm, LOL. Thank god I haven't had to deal with some of these (Okay, probably all of these) yet...but here's what I'd do...

1. If my child missed curfew, I would only say "Hope you had your fun tonight, because consider yourself grounded until you're oh, say...25."

2. If they want to date someone dangerous, I think I'd let coffeeeeman handle it. I think my boys could handle themselves, but if it were our daughter, I do not think this would become an issue because coffeeeeman would not hesitate to threaten him...:) Tee hee hee. It is SO nice to have a scary looking dad, isn't it? :)

3. Ok, me personally? I would try to sway my children...tell them and make it quite clear to them that plain and simple - I don't like this person they want to date...and I will state my reasons and hope they take my advice. If not, there's always a nunnery.

4. Sexy outfit? "YOU ARE NOT LEAVING THIS HOUSE, MELISSA ANN!!"

5. My kids don't get allowance. If they want something, they've always known that they can ask. They can do whatever we need done around the house. My hubby and I are always buying them things, getting them whatever it is that they desire...so we haven't really needed to worry about allowance yet. :) Thank GOD. We can't afford to pay these kids!

6. I would be very disappointed if any of my children ended up in jail. Not only at my child, but at myself...what could I have done to have prevented that? Maybe I did something wrong in his or her upbringing? You know? But I would sit him or her down, ask WHAT was going on in their lives, try to get a handle on things...make sense of why they got in trouble in the first place...and of course, see what would have to be done on both parts to fix the problem. Of course, major groundage, too!!! My little juvenile delinquent, whichever one it was, would be indoors until he or she was 25, as well.

7. Drunk, I think I can live with more than stoned...but both are terrible situations for a parent to find their child in. Again, I would be disappointed and I would want to understand why my child would do something so stupid...because drugs and drinking accomplish nothing...zip...zero...zilch. Oh, and they're grounded here, too, of course. No questions asked. I might also make them take a drug awareness class just to get the point across.

Basically, you gotta use something called "love and logic" when you're raising kids. They're going to misbehave, they are going to act out, and they will probably get into trouble too...but it's our job as parents to always remain calm (at least, in the beginning, the screaming can start once the problem has been assessed...) and to listen to them...then, you can ask them..."what would YOU do if you were in my shoes?"

A smart-ass kid might say: "Nothing, I'd get over it..."

To that, I'd say: "Well, good thing you're not in my shoes."

Oh yeah. And..."You're grounded, by the way."

Malfoyish

1. 15 ages, unless he/she have excellent grades in school. sure, come home lately.

2. i rather werid person than dangerous person

3. i will talk to her/ him in person. only right time and right place.

4. buy her NUNS dress. :o

5. i will ask them. why? $? whats for? if they have good answer, lucky them.

6. upset

7. sent to room and get grounded.

:eek2: ...WoW, Malfoyish is like me.....that 's exectly what I would do!... :thumb:

Hehehehe Malfoyish! Your'e Sure Funny! :thumb:

1.When your son/daughter can responbile and to go outgoing and come back home very late? "curfew"

If My Boys come home Late Past their Curfew time and did not bothered to call.. I need to determine what’s acceptable in My family, and appropriate for My children. They would be Grounded.

I am Sure My Both Of My Sons Would Make a Wise Choice.

My Boys Never asked me for a Large Allowance Money...If It Happens in the Near Future I will tell them what would u do for a large Allowance?

What if your son/daughter caught by police and end up in jail? How do you feel

I will Prepare when it happens.. Right Now, I do not know what I will do because They are young at this moment. I just hope they would make a wise Choice how to live their life to the Right Way.

What if your son/daughter has drunk or stoned by under age, how can you deal with your son/daughter?

Oh Boy, I would have a talk with My son about how Drinking can do to him and his life and how it would effect his Schooling...Hope that He would Realized How bad it would be and Hope he would Quit and Hang out with the Good Groups of Kids.

These are Tough Questions because My boys are not in their teens years yet...I would know What to do when It Happened..Not all Teens are alike in some way. :thumb:

I *admit* pretty scary seeing my eldest son, who is aggerstive and attempt anything what he really wants.. I was kind er um... of course he is pre-teen.. Habits bad mouthy talk back to me.. I felt that he quite needs smarten up.. I kept patience displince on him before too late the future.. All I want make sure he behaves proprite ways. Which is the best interest for my child's future..
Doesn't want simlair like me when I was teen.
::::sigh:::::

Of course, this parenthood will happen to me in the LATE future... :ugh: nevertheless, I do have a mother instinct and I think I can answer based on what I *will* do... (I think I am kind of blunt and harsh mother... but at least I will show them the truth... Read on to understand what I mean.)

1.When your son/daughter can responbile and to go outgoing and come back home very late? "curfew" Well if s/he is very responsible, s/he would have called me to inform that s/he is late and a lame excuse is permitted to be used before I shoot it down and give her a long lecture on how one should be an adult by informing those that expect her/him and if s/he couldn't do it then it is up to me to reconsider her/his curfew and enables me to limit her/his activites.... (yak yak yak... yeah, I am going to be one of those preachy mothers)

2.What if your son/daughter wants date werid person or dangerous person? Hm, I will show a movie of dates going bad and scare the hell out of them. Weird person= hm, this depends on the scale of "weirdness" the date has :D... Dangerous? I would forbid my child to go out with a dangerous person. I will kneel and weep, "I dont want to bury you tomorrow, dammit, so you just have to abide me and stay home until that date drops that knife down!"

3.How can you deal with your son/daughter about the date? (Really you don't want that person date of your son/daughter whatever) I will just bluntly tell them that I dont like their dates and won't approve if they go out with them and will ask them for their reasons for dating that fucking idiot, i mean, "intelligence-challenged individual"...

4. What if your daughter turns sexy outfit looks not proprite behave, how can you deal with your daughter? That would never happen because I will raise my girls to be tomboy and drill them to hate skirts and v-tee... if one of them breaks away, I will just dress up in the same outfit and ask them, "Do I look trashy enough? OH HEY we got the same outfit, How groovy!"

5.What if your son/daughter force you for large allowance? [Scoffing] They want a larger allowance, they better belt up for a larger load of chores to do. Work for money, dammit, I am not going to raise no freeloaders!

6. What if your son/daughter caught by police and end up in jail? How do you feel ? It depends on the crime. If it is about being in a protest against ... cutting down trees, then I will support my child and fight back the system to counter the charges by suing them for violating my child's right of free speech... but if for a stupid crime like drunk driving, I will just come down to the jail and give them the evil eye then leave them in for a night to let them deciding if they really want to get groped every time they go to the jail by hard criminals.

7. What if your son/daughter has drunk or stoned by under age, how can you deal with your son/daughter? I will give them the evil eye and say "I never get drunk and high, so what the hell is your excuse to try them? You want to jump off the cliff if everybody does it? I didn't know I was raising a follower. That's sad since I have failed my mission to raise an unique individual who makes own choices based on own beliefs, not based on somebody's..." (yes I know I am mean but that is the only way to penerate through those kids' minds...)

Bullym0m said:
I *admit* pretty scary seeing my eldest son, who is aggerstive and attempt anything what he really wants.. I was kind er um... of course he is pre-teen.. Habits bad mouthy talk back to me.. I felt that he quite needs smarten up.. I kept patience displince on him before too late the future.. All I want make sure he behaves proprite ways. Which is the best interest for my child's future..
Doesn't want simlair like me when I was teen.
::::sigh:::::

This is a puberty time... Most children like this between 11 & 15 yrs. old, then again from 18 to 21 yrs. old.
I know alot of those problems over that teenage children...

I´ll respond your question tomorrow.. today is 11pm. I want is go to bed... Good night :thumb:

Malfoyish said:
Hmmm, LOL. Thank god I haven't had to deal with some of these (Okay, probably all of these) yet...but here's what I'd do...

1. If my child missed curfew, I would only say "Hope you had your fun tonight, because consider yourself grounded until you're oh, say...25."

2. If they want to date someone dangerous, I think I'd let coffeeeeman handle it. I think my boys could handle themselves, but if it were our daughter, I do not think this would become an issue because coffeeeeman would not hesitate to threaten him...:) Tee hee hee. It is SO nice to have a scary looking dad, isn't it? :)

3. Ok, me personally? I would try to sway my children...tell them and make it quite clear to them that plain and simple - I don't like this person they want to date...and I will state my reasons and hope they take my advice. If not, there's always a nunnery.

4. Sexy outfit? "YOU ARE NOT LEAVING THIS HOUSE, MELISSA ANN!!"

5. My kids don't get allowance. If they want something, they've always known that they can ask. They can do whatever we need done around the house. My hubby and I are always buying them things, getting them whatever it is that they desire...so we haven't really needed to worry about allowance yet. :) Thank GOD. We can't afford to pay these kids!

6. I would be very disappointed if any of my children ended up in jail. Not only at my child, but at myself...what could I have done to have prevented that? Maybe I did something wrong in his or her upbringing? You know? But I would sit him or her down, ask WHAT was going on in their lives, try to get a handle on things...make sense of why they got in trouble in the first place...and of course, see what would have to be done on both parts to fix the problem. Of course, major groundage, too!!! My little juvenile delinquent, whichever one it was, would be indoors until he or she was 25, as well.

7. Drunk, I think I can live with more than stoned...but both are terrible situations for a parent to find their child in. Again, I would be disappointed and I would want to understand why my child would do something so stupid...because drugs and drinking accomplish nothing...zip...zero...zilch. Oh, and they're grounded here, too, of course. No questions asked. I might also make them take a drug awareness class just to get the point across.

Basically, you gotta use something called "love and logic" when you're raising kids. They're going to misbehave, they are going to act out, and they will probably get into trouble too...but it's our job as parents to always remain calm (at least, in the beginning, the screaming can start once the problem has been assessed...) and to listen to them...then, you can ask them..."what would YOU do if you were in my shoes?"

A smart-ass kid might say: "Nothing, I'd get over it..."

To that, I'd say: "Well, good thing you're not in my shoes."

Oh yeah. And..."You're grounded, by the way."

Malfoyish

:rofl: Malfoyish hahaha -- being grounded til 25 is like a lifetime to a kid!!! :lol:

Fly Free said:
:rofl: Malfoyish hahaha -- being grounded til 25 is like a lifetime to a kid!!! :lol:

Oh, but it'll get them to thinkin' about what they're doing, won't it? :rofl:

As most of you know I'm not a mommy yet... but I have been a sort of "step-mom" for a while... so I know kids...

Bullym0m said:
I would have a talk with them the next morning, and calmly ask them next time please call/message ahead of time if you're running late. I want you home safe and not in a rush, but I expect them to be home within a half hour of the curfew time -- that way they don't drive recklessly/panick. But if it keeps up, I would discuss a better method, or lower the curfew time until their tardiness improves.

Well, it's not my decision on who they can or can not date. I would express my concerns -- and explain that they have every right to date who they choose but, please, to be careful.

3.How can you deal with your son/daughter about the date? (Really you don't want that person date of your son/daughter whatever)
I tell them to have a good time, and once again, be careful. I hope that my kids will learn on their own and be aware of their actions.

4. What if your daughter turns sexy outfit looks not proprite behave, how can you deal with your daughter?
I would never allow my daughter to go to school in inappropiate outfits -- heck I might even try to embarrass my daughter by dressing up similarly until it drives her nuts!

I'll make them work/earn it. I have learned that one of the best way for them to learn money management is by opening a savings account for them (and I co-sign on their ATM card). That way they can chose to go to the bank whenever they want and control how much they want to take out. It's better for them to know how much they got, and I'm sure they'll like feeling like adults. I would give them perhaps 200 on their birthdays and they only have that much to withdraw from for the year -- also I would give them bonuses and deposit some money into their accounts. You'd be surprised how much their spending changes. They might try to spend it all in the beginning but will panick later and will want to save it more. And I'm sure they'll feel cool about having their own ATM card (not really since it'll be under parent's name too, until they're 18). Once they turn 18, they won't get allowances from me.

6. What if your son/daughter caught by police and end up in jail? How do you feel ?
I will be terribly disappointed if my children ever get in trouble with the law. I would rather let them learn from their mistakes but also try to support them. There is a line, however, I will not finance for their troubles (bail money, loans, etc)

7. What if your son/daughter has drunk or stoned by under age, how can you deal with your son/daughter?
I think communication is key. I would like my kids to feel comfortable approaching me. I would admit what I have done, and allow them to ask me questions. I don't want to judge them, but I would let them know that I care about them, and drugs aren't really all that cool.

-give her/him one more chance or to join a boot/army camp

-send her/him to see shrink

-doesn't matter but have to explain about sex safe

-depend

-increase $2 each year

-same as bullymom's
-deal with judge about she/he may to join a boot/army camp

-to join a boot/army camp

1) I wouldn't let my children out so late anytime without parental/adult supervision until they move out on their own.

2) I wouldn't let my children to start dating until they are eighteen years old.

3) Well, once they are eighteen years old, dating somebody I don't approve, I will let my children know how I feel about their dates - privately.

4) I wouldn't let my daughters to wear anything like that as long she lives under our roof.

5) No, I won't give them large allowances. I will tell them if they want more money, they have to work part-time.

6) I would be very upset and disappointed with my children. I would probably bail them out of jail once, but they will have to be punished at home. If repeated, I will not help them get out of jail.

7) If my children had been drinking or on drugs, they will be punished and I will have long talks with them about such.

1. I expect my daughters to ring me to tell me why, as they have their own mobile cell phone each! If they ignored to let me know, they will be on grounded!

2. Well, I can't judge the book by its cover, and I guess I will study his personality first before saying anything to my daughters ha ha

3. My hearing daughter is interested in deaf boy she met at CODA earlier this year, and I think its ok as he is 16, she is 14 next month. I feel not ready about this, but I remember I bring a boy to stay with me for the weekend when I was 15, he was 17 (chuckle) I don't mind too much as he lives 2 hours drive from here, and they are always on MSN online chatting (rolled my eyes!)

4. I will have a word with my daughters why I object the clothes they like, as she bought a one sleeve black tight jumper with "Sexy" written on it, and I told her that she is only allow to wear it at Disco. She spent it on her work money and I wasn't with her when she bought this! oh well too late to stop her!

5. I will ask what for, why? They are working part time, and I'll make them work/earn it. They have their own ATM cards and its up to them to spent on silly things or save up wiser, it helps them to self control of their saving.

6. Oh no, I pray it will never happen to me, as its parent's worst nightmare! I don't know the feeling as it never happen to me.

7. Ban from the party, or find out where and how they got alcohlic drink from and I will have a good talk with them. Recently I pick up my daughter and her friend from birthday party, oh boy, they smell strong of smoking :eek: and I asked them if they smoking, they swore its her friend's parents chain smoking!! I accept it.

I would have a good word with my sons & calmly ask them to call/message me next time if they come home late for a first time. My oldest son have his own mobile cell phone (with limit card). My 2nd son don't have one yet but his friend's mother message me for him. They had the feeling through my angry impression if they do it or ignore to call me for 2nd time then sit with them & give them a long lecture & let them know how concern I am about them, then give them one more chance to be on grounded next time. I reminded them about time etc & think about their last chance to be on grounded before they goes out.

Well, first of all is study my son's girlfriend's personalities. I would have a good word with my sons privately how I feel about their girlfriends & my suspicion. I would respect their choice if they have different taste than me because it's THEM who choose, not me. I rather let them to learn/collect their own experiences to choose right or wrong way which they know my upbrings to right path. I would share the open conversation with my sons what/why we think good or bad etc

I would tell them to have a good time but to be careful. I don't believe to keep my children away from the world because it's them who collect/learn their experiences... Important is talk with them about sex safe & share my feeling with them. At the moment my oldest son has no time to think about girlfriends ha ha... Funny is last year I saw 2 pretty girls with light make up the same age as him to try to flirt with him... My son's face burnt red like tomato when I asked him: "What a pretty girls, aren't they?" All is he say: He would have girl first when he get his success to be professional footballer (American scooter)... ha ha ha .. He's football crazier.

4. What if your daughter turns sexy outfit looks not proprite behave, how can you deal withyour daughter?

mmmh I don't have any experience like this because I don't have a daughter. I tried to picture myself what if I have a daughter, then I would have a word with her why I reject this & explain her why.... Lucky is accord German law, that girls are not allow to wear sex outfit during school time. I would sit with her front of TV news over the crimes around Europe like what I did with my sons (something like that Most Wanted for rapist, murders, robbery etc... please call the police if we recognized the person who committed the crimes etc). They also stated the reason why is because of sexy outfit, etc. why thief, why murders etc. mobile cell phone important etc etc. They praise us with money if we find the person whom the police are still searching for). It's our favorite TV which it's only once a month. Shame, we NEVER find any crimes what they are looking for... My sons often said why why why they did bad etc. It's good for the children to learn how to handle the crimes etc - how to protect themselves etc. My sons tried to watch sharp if anyone who match police's most wanted photo to get the money ha... That´s how I treat my sons the same as I with daughter...

Well, my sons received their monthly allowance...

My both sons received allowance every month since they were toddlers. I taught them to put 1 DM (Deutsche Marke) in Saving pig. They received the praised from Bank once a year when I emptied their saving pig to Bank to add their saving book.

I increase 1 DM on each year to follow their aged until when they were 6 years old to understand something what they want at shop. They throw their monthly allowance real fast on the same time they get from me. Few weeks later they asked me for more money. I asked them: "What you do want more which you bought something already with monthly allowance last week"? They said nothing. I said with firmly NO. I explained them that I would improve their allowance if they helped me with housework or garden (something like tidy up or go to get drink etc or put away etc). I ignored their grumpy look... They begin to notice that their savings grow very slowly than before... I explained them why their savings grow slowly because they didn't add few of their monthly allowance in their saving pig but throw all of their monthly allowance on nonsense things. They look surprised then add 1.-- in their saving pig every monthly... They did which it's good.

My eldest son (11) received €11.-- a month to follow his age. Accord Bank, the children from 10 years old are allow to use AIM card to buy anything accord their parent's guardians. I transfer €11.-- to his account every monthly which it started last year. I'm surprised that he is learn to manage with his money well. No problem with him but he bought music CD, PC ROM & card collecting YI GI UI or Magic but with my second son....

My second son (8) received €8.-- a month aco follow his age. I handle him €8 every end of month. He put €1.-- in saving pig but he throw all of his monthly allowance on silly things real faster. I warned him to not buy anything without tell/ask me first. He always give a good answer back... Well, his answer: "This is my money". I answered him back: "This monthly allowance I gave you is the voluntarily". He said.... He respect me & show me where he like to buy... I explained him why I think it's no good etc... until I'm approve what he can buy...

My sons know my upbrings limit... They only received big gift from us is only Easter, Birthday & Christmas. We discussed what they wish...

I don´t know how I feel if my children are criminals.. KNOCK ON THE WOOD; I hope they wouldn´t do that to their parents. I would feel & keep on thinking what have I done any wrong with children upbrings? What have I did to make them turn into criminals... I would sit with them & have a good talk until I see clear why etc. etc.

I would support them more if I give them the chance to explain why they did the wrong etc. I know it wouldn´t help if they received the punishment from their parents which they suffered enough to learn what they did is not obey their country´s law.

I wouldn´t support for the 2nd time on the same situation... Just depend what´s the different reasons what I can or not...

Same as Nr. 6 I would check which disco my children want to attend. Which friends they are mix with. I often teach my children to not use drugs. They already see my 1 year younger sister who is drug addict. What she did make my sons feel sick. My eldest son opened me last year that he did tried smoke for curiously. I told him to not do it anymore which it´s no good... I explained him why I think it´s no good the same as the drugs etc.

Logical, the children are no angel & like to try anything curiously which I often told them to not do it which it´s no good etc like what my son tried with smoke.

I often told my sons how much I love them... They knows I love them...

It´s important upbrings up limit is love & respect. Spend time with them to show/teach them into right way.

Sweet_KJ said:
I would never allow my daughter to go to school in inappropiate outfits -- heck I might even try to embarrass my daughter by dressing up similarly until it drives her nuts!

:D It remind me of my eldest son who wore "werid" color clothes which it doesn't match on Special day... I told him that it's not look nice but his smart replies is: "It's fashion, you don't understand".

He was puzzled when I told him that I'll remember his word.
I wore real "werid" old clothes... (which I use it for housework). My son look at me puzzled & asked me either I forget or not that today is school festival day. I replied "Yes, I know - why?" My son said "nothing" but kept on eye on my clothes & hope that I changed for go to school festival. My hubby is also puzzled, too because I never wear like this when we go out. I said "Ready?" My son said: "But you didn't change your clothes yet". I said with "innocent" look. "Change? No, I find it's okay what´s wrong with that? " then come ... My son said: "No Way, I won't come with you... I'm embarrass what my friends think when they saw you like this". NO WAY.
I answer with innocent look: Ah, It's fashion, you don't understand. My son look real :jaw: & remember what he did said this to me often. He kept on "please"... (I know I wouldn´t wear like this...)
I went to fresh & change my clothes... then... go.....
I really don't care what they wear during their free day but on Special day is a different. They know & ask me for the advice which they should wear during special day... :ily:
As you see it´s works without hassle or nagging...

1.When your son/daughter can responbile and to go outgoing and come back home very late? "curfew" about at the time she/he is 14 but would be more resonsbile when they have a driver's license, and I expect them to be home before midnight. If they came home late and come up with a poor excuse, they won't get to watch any TV or talk on the phone for a week or two lol :mrgreen:

I would tell them that I like to meet them first and see how they would treat my daughter but with my son, as long as he isn't doing anything suspensous, I'll let him date any girl he wants

If I didn't like that person whose dating my daughter, I would have to ask him to leave the house and tell her the truth that I dont like that guy.

4. What if your daughter turns sexy outfit looks not proprite behave, how can you deal with your daughter? I would tell her that she can wear anything she wants, but won't let her wear them in school anyway

5.What if your son/daughter force you for large allowance? If it's something that they REALLY need, then sure, I'll give them whatever they need but if it's something they want, they would have to earn it, like mowing the lawn, washing the car, or doing some house work, etc... :P

6. What if your son/daughter caught by police and end up in jail? How do you feel ? I would feel pissed but disappointed and would have to tell her/him about this situation and be sure that it won't happen EVER again

7. What if your son/daughter has drunk or stoned by under age, how can you deal with your son/daughter? I would be pretty pissed about this one too, and if I caught them on this shit, they would be grounded for 3 months with no television and no phone, and no hanging out with their friends.

hope I wouldn't be rough or hash, but wanted to be fair and supportive for my kids :mrgreen:

Steel said:
5.What if your son/daughter force you for large allowance? If it's something that they REALLY need, then sure, I'll give them whatever they need but if it's something they want, they would have to earn it, like mowing the lawn, washing the car, or doing some house work, etc... :P

Exactly, I would do the same with my sons if something what they really need than they save up from monthly allowance which they get well with their saving up, then do job at our house & garden to improve their allowance. :mrgreen:

Back