What has your 2018 been like?

vegandreamer

Reaction score
What has your 2018 been like?

Mine was mostly good. I went to Alton Towers twice, donated blood 3 times and learned how to use a new computer system and surf the internet. Best of all I have more energy then I used to now. I go out to the local park on my own nearly every day. Sometimes up to 3 times a day. I also go up and down 3 flights of stairs 12 to 30 times a day. I think my energy level increase is due to having Iron supplements after the 3rd time I donated Blood and a test showed an Iron deficiency. The last time I donated blood their was no deficency so something is working well. It also could have something to do with all the green tea I drink or just because I have become more confident after I started having mobility lessons again.

What are your plans for 2019?
I’m hoping to be put on the waiting list for a guide/dual purpose dog. I’ll probably get it in 2020 or 2021 as the waiting list is that long! I’m also planning to visit Birmingham city centre independently. I now know the route to the local bus stop and a route in town. I would have gone already but the warehouse cafe is temporarily closed and that’s the only route I know in the city centre. I’ll go after learning the route to the vegan buffet or when the warehouse cafe opens up again. Whichever happens first.

My 2018 was fine, though my hearing took a dump for the worse. But I'll make do.

I'll give a shout out to my two daughters, both away at college. One is a Senior on target to graduate in May. The other is a Sophomore, just elected treasurer of her sorority. They're both far better humans than I am, though there's little distinction in that.

But the best thing in 2018 was my mom, 86 now, and diagnosed just over three years ago with both ovarian and uterine cancer. Two rounds of chemo ('16, and '17), and not supposed to still be with us, they said. She was cancer-free all of 2018! Every single day. Tomorrow might be another story but 2018 was a good one.

2019? Need to drop 15 pounds. And maybe try not being such an asshole, in general. ;)

But the best thing in 2018 was my mom, 86 now, and diagnosed just over three years ago with both ovarian and uterine cancer. Two rounds of chemo ('16, and '17), and not supposed to still be with us, they said. She was cancer-free all of 2018! Every single day. Tomorrow might be another story but 2018 was a good one.

That's good news. My mum died of cancer.

2018 - Entered into therapy. Accepting that I'm deaf and not fighting it because it's not going to change. Learning ASL to make my life much easier. Getting out of isolation and starting to live again.

2019 - Going to talk to an advisor about starting college next week and moving on with my life.

Back