What does "Life" mean to you?

Life is a gift, it is fleeting and fragile. Life is a exploration and journey, be what you make of it. Life is an illusion. Life is not easy, nor fair, but gives us opportunities to grow and learn, many miss these opportunities and repeat the same cycles over and over. Life is a gift, and means many things to many people. A journey with self.

Life means everything. It is what you make of it that matters the most. In the end, we all had one chance to live.

Yup, haha, how true it is.....so whatcha gonna do with the in between time? What daily imprint do you leave on the earth, on people, on the space you exist in? Are you then aware of your breathe?

Exact. Actually, I have to be aware of somebody who has a bad breathe. eek! It's probably a smoker.

Life means everything. It is what you make of it that matters the most. In the end, we all had one chance to live.

You nailed it right there.

Although, I often wondered how cool it would be to have these 9 lives? Just don't tell the cats I'm jealous of them for having 9 lives, lol.

Yup, haha, how true it is.....so whatcha gonna do with the in between time? What daily imprint do you leave on the earth, on people, on the space you exist in? Are you then aware of your breathe?

Well said, Moonchild.

that's beautiful

Wow guys, I shouled ramble more often, haha.

What defines your life, when you strip the layers of the onion down to its core. When you strip of the layers of all the people you are (parent, spouse, brother, sister, friend, your career, your hobbies, your home, your material possessions, your deafness, your hair colour, your age). Then we are getting closer to identifying what your life is, and who you are without all the layers. With the illusion of ego gone, only then can one truly know them self and find truth in their answer "what is life".

No. Its not what I said. Look at Rockin'Robin's post. He did it without mention any religious word. So I did.

Anyways -- I don't like it when people just say this person don't derseve this, the life is cruel and that person is better off dead, a unfit person is 'a lowlife', and etc etc. Well, without the purpose of life meaning, what is the point of human's existence, anyways? A life is not about consistenive (sp), period. :)

I hate it when idiots get piss off when someone is now 'a political incorrectness', which is tend to be flamed up so easily. Oh boy, I love 'being political incorrectness', and am so proud of it! :D

Last time I "looked"....rockin'robin was a female! :shock:

Life is what you make of it!

i disagree with this one, its not a be-all -end-all statement, what sort of life we get and have is determined by forces beyond our control, and if you look around its often the 'successful conformists' whose tend to advocate this statement and theres a lot of denial element goes with it, so- sorry i dont agree with it. put it this way, if a person is determined to better there situation handled out but failed miserably it can leave a strong sense of dissapointment. Some might say 'accept it' and getting over it - is a 'win' , i dont think so, it's a deluded ploy to say its ok to lose or belong 'down there'. i just dont accept this sort of brainwashing.(not saying that what youre trying to do -absolutely not) just saying that's a clever well worded quote but my analysis just does not follow the logic, but also the feelings part - looking how does this help? when reality is very different to your wishes or expectations.
id stop here simply saying i dont buy it, thats all. you're free to think what you like, its a nice saying, might apply to some situations but its to me, not a 'statement' worthy enough to summarise life - thats the part i disagree with.

I hear what you are saying Grummer, but often times it is not what we are given that determines the kind of life you got, but how we react to what we are given. I also find alot of truth in the statement "you create your own realities". I think you have to be careful not to take this statement and say "what, you mean the woman who was beaten and raped last weekend created that for herself"....it is not that simple. Great posting btw, making us all think is a good thing!

i disagree with this one, its not a be-all -end-all statement, what sort of life we get and have is determined by forces beyond our control, and if you look around its often the 'successful conformists' whose tend to advocate this statement and theres a lot of denial element goes with it, so- sorry i dont agree with it. put it this way, if a person is determined to better there situation handled out but failed miserably it can leave a strong sense of dissapointment. Some might say 'accept it' and getting over it - is a 'win' , i dont think so, it's a deluded ploy to say its ok to lose or belong 'down there'. i just dont accept this sort of brainwashing.(not saying that what youre trying to do -absolutely not) just saying that's a clever well worded quote but my analysis just does not follow the logic, but also the feelings part - looking how does this help? when reality is very different to your wishes or expectations.
id stop here simply saying i dont buy it, thats all. you're free to think what you like, its a nice saying, might apply to some situations but its to me, not a 'statement' worthy enough to summarise life - thats the part i disagree with.

I had a friend that grew up very poor . But he lived he liked was very rich!
He did not need a fancy home , he made his home out of wooden boxes and use the nails from the boxes in his house! I visited my friend and his wife and he was very proud of his home! This what I mean when I say "life is what you made of it!" I told my friend he had a lovely house! He made is from love for his wife! The two had a wonderful live together!

Back