What does "Life" mean to you?

Life to me is growing and acquiring knowledge every day. It's also treating others as you wish them to treat you. Showing love, compassion, understanding and truthfulness.

It's by waking up every day, counting ur blessings. Helping the less fortunate! Doing the best you can to make this world a better place to be.

Being happy with what you have....and knowing that if you should pass away tomorrow, that you did the very best you could with what you had to work with.

And not being regretful for what "could have been" but happy for what is today. For what will be, will be...the future is not for us to see.

We all share our breath from fresh oxygen on Earth. Just beware of bad breathers around us. :giggle:

No, I can't. It's Buddhist beliefs, sorry.

No. Its not what I said. Look at Rockin'Robin's post. He did it without mention any religious word. So I did.

Anyways -- I don't like it when people just say this person don't derseve this, the life is cruel and that person is better off dead, a unfit person is 'a lowlife', and etc etc. Well, without the purpose of life meaning, what is the point of human's existence, anyways? A life is not about consistenive (sp), period. :)

I hate it when idiots get piss off when someone is now 'a political incorrectness', which is tend to be flamed up so easily. Oh boy, I love 'being political incorrectness', and am so proud of it! :D

Bill Maher is the one that you might want to ask him about it.

I believe that we are forced to be in a specific social life because the laws and government limit people for their pleasure. For example:

(1) People are allowed to invest their stocks, but the SEC watch them carefully that they are not permitted to reach higher profit.

(2) Expensive living that require them to survive for money such as expensive insurance, mortgages, limited or real slow growth of investment in bank.

(3) Most social activities require you to pay for the admission to watch the games, movies, clubs, and name of others.

(4) Gov't does not help us for money. i.e. The stimulus is only for corporations. SSI enforces them to be poor and poorer. Medicaid and some Medicare take away your home after your death.

Where is our perfect life? The perfect life is for some wealthy people - it is not quite about money, but they have a security because they finally paid off all of their mortgages.

If you want to be a perfect life, then we just have to search to meet our goal to be near perfect. You own a house without a mortgage, then it's almost near perfect except property and excise taxes that you just have to deal with it as long as you have a job. Retirement is, perhaps, a nightmare for some of us in the future that we can't trust the government.

Many retired people have earned a few millions of dollars from work and their husband/wife's death wills. Most of them still go shopping at a dollar store to buy cheapest items. They never spend a lot of money. Then, their life is really wasted.

This is what Life is all about. "That's life."

Last edited:
Life is like a chocolate in box.

Hmm... I should have a life is like a masturbate! Doesn't almost everybody does that?!?! bwhahah. No shame! Yeaaa!

As Forrest Gump said...."MY mamma said Life is a box of chocolates...."and that's all I've got to say about that!"....Just loved that movie!

Life to me is growing and acquiring knowledge every day. It's also treating others as you wish them to treat you. Showing love, compassion, understanding and truthfulness.

It's by waking up every day, counting ur blessings. Helping the less fortunate! Doing the best you can to make this world a better place to be.

Being happy with what you have....and knowing that if you should pass away tomorrow, that you did the very best you could with what you had to work with.

And not being regretful for what "could have been" but happy for what is today. For what will be, will be...the future is not for us to see.

Beautiful post :)

No. Its not what I said. Look at Rockin'Robin's post. He did it without mention any religious word. So I did.

The point is that, I am here to ask. I just want to see people's opinions about what the life means. Also I just found Shawn's post seems similar as Buddhist's beliefs, and show him a script that I find similar through the pm. That's all. There are no need to push me out of the conservation with Shawn.

I hope it doesn't make you feel like I refuse to tell what the life means, I don't really mind if you ask me to post mine.

:hug:

I will post mine after this post :)

Anyways -- I don't like it when people just say this person don't derseve this, the life is cruel and that person is better off dead, a unfit person is 'a lowlife', and etc etc. Well, without the purpose of life meaning, what is the point of human's existence, anyways? A life is not about consistenive (sp), period. :)

I hate it when idiots get piss off when someone is now 'a political incorrectness', which is tend to be flamed up so easily. Oh boy, I love 'being political incorrectness', and am so proud of it! :D

Of course, agree with you all the way. Important: Be yourself ;)

The children has to live through their parent's life and learned from it, I believe that made their strengths and lifestyles.

When they are apart from the parents when they became adults, they become alittle more lost and find a new challenge that they have to learn something new. That make them more different than what they were during they were the children.

Only thing that does not change is their personality. They are who they are, period. What is the problem about people dealing with the life is that they have their goal and find it challenge to reach that goal. Once they reach that goal, they became old and already know exactly the life is and simply sticking to their own personality.

That's how I see the life is :)

The point is that, I am here to ask. I just want to see people's opinions about what the life means. Also I just found Shawn's post seems similar as Buddhist's beliefs, and show him a script that I find similar through the pm. That's all. There are no need to push me out of the conservation with Shawn.

Lol, no. I was not refered to Shawn's, and I don't push you out of any conservation, really. I was talked about a person can post a comment without religious discussions. I believe anybody can discuss without mention a religion. I merely pointed out that you could discuss it without your own belief, so the thread will not getting a lock.

That's what I tried to say. :P

I hope it doesn't make you feel like I refuse to tell what the life means, I don't really mind if you ask me to post mine.

:hug:

Nah. Its cool. :hug:

"Get A Life"

I see this often here on AD when someone said to other "get a life" or I heard this express often on the street.

I think it is pretty judgement from someone else who say those words to others because they see it differently from people.

Now my question to any of you who sit on the computer all day and spend hours on AD, do we need to get a life?

"Get A Life"

I see this often here on AD when someone said to other "get a life" or I heard this express often on the street.

I think it is pretty judgement from someone else who say those words to others because they see it differently from people.

Now my question to any of you who sit on the computer all day and spend hours on AD, do we need to get a life?

Or was sitting on the computer all day and spend hours on AD a life?

Sorry for the inconviences, but I don't want this thread turn into a creationism vs envolution debate or anything too personally.

But are you talking about the faith?
PuyoPiyo, when you ask the question about the meaning of life you should expect to get answers that delve into religion, science and ones personal beliefs. This question you ask is quite profound.

Sound better than my question. :)

It's quite complication :)

PuyoPiyo, when you ask the question about the meaning of life you should expect to get answers that delve into religion, science and ones personal beliefs. This question you ask is quite profound.

Again, I am not just looking for an answer. I just want to see people's opinions, if they can't because the religions was their only the way to explain, then that's OK.

"Get A Life"

In order to sit all day on a computer and spend hours on AD, one must have a life to do that. :D

I would spend my time on the computer all day because it rains all day. ;)

Are you depressed?

The whole universe was in a hot dense state, when .....

Rock

Paper

Scissors

Lizard

*Spock

:laugh2:

Sorry, sometimes I crack myself up!

"The Meaning of Life", Wow, a tough Monty Python type question.

I am enjoying the perspectives posted on the subject

Back