What do you do on extremely cold days?

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here in the Chicago area where I live, it's 3 degrees, and today's high is supposed to be 16, and a low of 12. Then this weekend and next Monday will see lows go all the way to 0 degrees, and Monday's high will only be 9 degrees. However, this Saturday is supposed to be 37, so I might use that to get out a little bit.

Now.... on days like this, and for those of you who are night owl adventurers, what do you do? Me? I'm wishing I had some hot chocolate right about now.... guess I'll have to wait until next week to get that.

Update: This Sunday will see a low of -2. BRRRR!!!!

Last edited:
I stay in my pjs and rent movies.

I post on Alldeaf about how vehicles with turbocharged engine are the best thing EVER!!!!

Luckily, we don't have "extremely" cold temperatures were I live...but when it gets chilly...I get out my heavy blankie and grab my doggie and we cuddle up with a cup of hot Java and watch TV..my doggie will sit on her back legs and actually watch TV with me!...she keeps an "eagle eye" out for any intruders too...:giggle:....a Pomeranian in a Pit Bull's body.

Thank god! Bugs free environment! Really enjoying free from pest that these flies, mosquitoes, etc has causing.

Full white landscape outside, very bright. LOL

And feed my woodstove to keep my house toasty warm.

it's about 12 at the moment...fireplace...warm dogs...movies

it's about 12 at the moment...fireplace...warm dogs...movies

It's warm in the house, and I ate a warm meal. I'm good, and plus, my cell phone keeps vibrating and letting me know who posted. It's kept me fairly busy, and I'm not complaining-- it's something to do.

I put on all my snow gear and go play in it! Then I come home, drinking something to warm me up (tea/bourbon/something) and sit in front of my fan heater and play a game or watch a movie.

I love it!

It's 65 and sunny here today. We are BBQ london broil for dinner. I wish it was cold, feels more festive. I very seldom get to wear my jacket, scarf and gloves. I get too hot.

just resting and chilling at my friend's house in Canada. today was skin-biting freezing... 2 deg.... I went skiing at Blue Mountain yesterday till 9pm. pretty dang cold.

but on "extremely" cold days? you'll find me in a bed, buried under blankets.

just resting and chilling at my friend's house in Canada. today was skin-biting freezing... 2 deg.... I went skiing at Blue Mountain yesterday till 9pm. pretty dang cold.

but on "extremely" cold days? you'll find me in a bed, buried under blankets.

I would've loved to snuggle under a couple of thick blankets that I have, and keep warm and toasty. Here in my home, the 1st floor is chilly, while the 2nd floor is toasty. I have no clue why that is, so don't ask.

No you wouldn't he knows how to use an AED!!! :D

I'd need a refresher course...... been a while since I'd even touched one, and I hope I never have to again. Plus, the AED's from back then and today aren't the same.

And don't Floridians tend to stay south of IL? Cause up here it can get up to -20 if the conditions are right, but it hasn't gotten THAT cold in a while.... the coldest I've seen was -16, a few years back.

Staying home...relaxing and drink some peach hot tea. :)

I would've loved to snuggle under a couple of thick blankets that I have, and keep warm and toasty. Here in my home, the 1st floor is chilly, while the 2nd floor is toasty. I have no clue why that is, so don't ask.

Heat rises

Heat rises

Yeah, I know, but we have a very large furnace-- in fact, we have one of THE largest on this block. Our house is the only one that has 2 gas meters around here-- all others have one.

Back