What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In class, we learned how to use crutches, a walker and wheelchair. Never race down the hallways with crutches :giggle:

Today I learned "Never Let Monkeys Eat Bananas" but I have no idea what the acronym means! Any help?:P

or

"Nine Little Monkeys Eating Bananas".
"Noone Likes My Educational Background".
"Never Let Mamma Eat Beans".

Me love mnemonics :D - and it's not really an acronym but a mnemonic - unless you use the acronym to remember mnemonic :cool2:

or

"Nine Little Monkeys Eating Bananas".
"Noone Likes My Educational Background".
"Never Let Mamma Eat Beans".

Me love mnemonics :D - and it's not really an acronym but a mnemonic - unless you use the acronym to remember mnemonic :cool2:

:giggle: I know, I didn't make it, my professor did. It must have something to do with the Cardiovascular system. I wrote it in my notes without explanation. When I read over my class yesterday, I didn't find it in my printout either, so I guess the captioner missed it, hence me not having it written down.:hmm:

I will have to live with this disease forever and I will go deaf there is no stopping it AND I will just have to help myself.

:giggle: I know, I didn't make it, my professor did. It must have something to do with the Cardiovascular system. I wrote it in my notes without explanation. When I read over my class yesterday, I didn't find it in my printout either, so I guess the captioner missed it, hence me not having it written down.:hmm:

Oy :roll: (j/k) :ily:

"Never Let Monkeys Eat Bananas" is a simple mnemonic to help students remember the 5 different types of White Blood Cells:

Neutrophils
Lymphocytes
Monocytes
Eosinophils
Basophils

There ya go.... :cool2: (hope I spelled those correctly though...)

:( I'm not normal...

Just check it out the website: Wolfram|Alpha

I will have to live with this disease forever and I will go deaf there is no stopping it AND I will just have to help myself.

Just learnt about your disease Megs. :ty: to Bott for posting the link....

Thanks! It isn't working for me. I do find comfort here and in ASL. I actually love it makes me feel better. I am just afraid of going deaf and I can't stop it. I'm just going to get over it. i am tired of being sad. So I am going to start over. I am a bore on this site!!! Everything I post is for desperate info or seeking answers that are different for everyone. So apologize for being a drag! BTW Bottesini your knowledge impresses me!

Thanks! It isn't working for me. I do find comfort here and in ASL. I actually love it makes me feel better. I am just afraid of going deaf and I can't stop it. I'm just going to get over it. i am tired of being sad. So I am going to start over. I am a bore on this site!!! Everything I post is for desperate info or seeking answers that are different for everyone. So apologize for being a drag! BTW Bottesini your knowledge impresses me!

Best wishes to you, Megs on this new journey you are embarking upon!!

Don't worry too much about being a drag. Being sad at major life changes is normal.

And at least if you don't like the Menieres support groups, you can find a few other people here who also have it, like SayWhatKid and Candybrowneyes.

I strongly advise a second opinion. My Audiologist is telling me that Menieres is over diagnosed. She believes one of my ears had it but that the other actually had a perilymph fistula that was missed.

If it is Menieres it's not the end of the world......you can learn to adapt.

Good luck

Don't worry too much about being a drag. Being sad at major life changes is normal.

And at least if you don't like the Menieres support groups, you can find a few other people here who also have it, like SayWhatKid and Candybrowneyes.

Ahem.......

:lol:

Interfering for Botti, please add TXGolfer! :lol:

Thanks for looking out for TXgolfer!!! My family went to 4 different doctors and the Mayo clinic and I have in both ears. HOWEVER I would like to chat to you about it more. Bottesini thanks for being lovely! Tomorrow will be a new day. Think happy thoughts for me on the 2nd!

Oy :roll: (j/k) :ily:

"Never Let Monkeys Eat Bananas" is a simple mnemonic to help students remember the 5 different types of White Blood Cells:

Neutrophils
Lymphocytes
Monocytes
Eosinophils
Basophils

There ya go.... :cool2: (hope I spelled those correctly though...)

That's it! :ily: you are awesome!:D How did you know that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back