What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear... My condolences and prayers to you and family during this difficult time. :(

TCS's mom died in Michigan. No details yet. :(

Thank you Calvin and Michael.

I think I am starting to get phone calls for the election already ! :Ohno:

There is 16 GOP candidates and 4 Democrats I think . I might just turn off my phones ringer in a few weeks . UGH !

There is 16 GOP candidates and 4 Democrats I think . I might just turn off my phones ringer in a few weeks . UGH !
and 1 Independent (Bernie Sanders)

and 1 Independent (Bernie Sanders)

Bernie Sanders is an Independent who is running for the Democratic nomination for POTUS. So, there are five candidates for the democratic nomination, for now.

Very sorry to hear, Reba; my condolences to TCS.....

Sue, Rio, and Tousi, thank you.

Bernie Sanders is an Independent who is running for the Democratic nomination for POTUS. So, there are five candidates for the democratic nomination, for now.

I have lost count of how many people are running , I really think it crazy that so GOP are running , that is going to water down the numbers of votes they get in the primary .

Plus all the political commercials.....drive me crazy!!!!!

I notice that none of the political commercials have any CC on them , so I feel none of them will do much for deaf and hoh students .

I notice that none of the political commercials have any CC on them , so I feel none of them will do much for deaf and hoh students .
I suspect eventually many will be captioned but not totally holding my breath. When we had the senatorial elections last year in NC (and I think SC- we kept seeing some of their commercials too), a lot of them were not captioned but a few were.

I would think for the presidential one especially as we get into next year, most of them will be captioned. It's the local ones that are inconsistent.

I suspect eventually many will be captioned but not totally holding my breath. When we had the senatorial elections last year in NC (and I think SC- we kept seeing some of their commercials too), a lot of them were not captioned but a few were.

I would think for the presidential one especially as we get into next year, most of them will be captioned. It's the local ones that are inconsistent.

Some candidates never had any CC on their ads , I had called one someone running for governor in my state b/c they had no CC , and that night they had CC. It does help sometime , I will say if they have no CC the candidate doesn't care about deaf and hoh people and that will get the person goat .

I realized that I'm still not 100% sure what I want to do with my life. I thought I had made up my mind, but :dunno:

Some candidates never had any CC on their ads , I had called one someone running for governor in my state b/c they had no CC , and that night they had CC. It does help sometime , I will say if they have no CC the candidate doesn't care about deaf and hoh people and that will get the person goat .
I wonder if it's because they are exempt...

https://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/exemptions-closed-captioning-rules
It might fall under #6 public service announcement- kind of a stretch to me. As an aside...a little shocked they exempted public service announcements under 10 mins long- that's stupid.

Ahh my mistake.. seems that advertising in general of any kind is actually exempt according to this article (written last year). it's just that most companies have the brains to provide captions; politicians and whoever runs their campaigns don't seem to have that particular organ many times.

https://sunlightfoundation.com/blog...roblems-dont-always-have-the-candidates-ears/

I learned tonight that another man was killed at my son-in-law's work place. It's only been a year since the other fatality. It's awful. :(

Man dies in accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back