What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

I find that hard to believe. I used to care for one , it pulled me the first couple of times and I even fell. You need to get used to a lab before owning him / her.

Checking with the trainer on this.

Wirelessly posted

I find that hard to believe. I used to care for one , it pulled me the first couple of times and I even fell. You need to get used to a lab before owning him / her.

80-90% of service dogs are labs. If you train the dog to not pull, they will not. This puppy has been trained from the beginning about walking properly on the leash to not pull. Yes, they will pull if not properly trained, but this one is being properly trained and started when it was safe to start training.

Deacon was a shelter dog and I got him at 14 months. He did not have the benefit of proper early training. We started it once we got him, but at the age I got him, he was at the beginning stages of his prey drive and that's what did it.

This puppy is being trained beforehand and will be constantly worked on through the adolescent stage so as to not have this happen.

Wirelessly posted

KristinaB said:
Wirelessly posted

Checking with the trainer on this.

Wise idea

Wirelessly posted

KristinaB said:
Wirelessly posted

80-90% of service dogs are labs. If you train the dog to not pull, they will not. This puppy has been trained from the beginning about walking properly on the leash to not pull. Yes, they will pull if not properly trained, but this one is being properly trained and started when it was safe to start training.

Deacon was a shelter dog and I got him at 14 months. He did not have the benefit of proper early training. We started it once we got him, but at the age I got him, he was at the beginning stages of his prey drive and that's what did it.

This puppy is being trained beforehand and will be constantly worked on through the adolescent stage so as to not have this happen.

It takes proper training, sometimes they can still pull. Over all , they are great dogs.

Today I learned...the first part of the first lesson of ASL from the ASLUniversity site. Though it was just about 20 words, it is a start. Have not completed the first lesson yet, but very excited. There are 30 and he goes into the facial expressions, history, and culture of being deaf.

• ASL • American Sign Language

Oh my god, I stuck to my idea of getting my nipples pierced... I learned that it's the WORST POSSIBLE PIERCING YOU CAN GET OMG IT HURTS SOOOOOOO BAD!!!! D=!!!!!!!!

Wirelessly posted

Phoenix23 said:
Oh my god, I stuck to my idea of getting my nipples pierced... I learned that it's the WORST POSSIBLE PIERCING YOU CAN GET OMG IT HURTS SOOOOOOO BAD!!!! D=!!!!!!!!

Ouch!! I hope the pain goes away fast.

Pix or it didn't happen! :P

I can only relate to getting pinched there, but this sounds HOT! LOL

LOL that is what my girlfriends were telling me about freaking PAINFUL but worth it! :giggle:

no no dont look at me. Im too chicken for it but i am not desire for having pierced on wierd area of skin LOL Bet they are looking nice though.

My daughter told me today during a lecture at Trinity College, they stopped and served them hot tea and let them chat a few minutes. She loved that.

The daughter of Phil Collins tops McAfee's list of Most Dangerous Celebrities to search for on the Internet in 2013. I heard on the news if search for this person yours passwords can be stolen. I am not going to post a link .

Oh don't listen to her... she did get them done, I will witness to that! Man oh man did she about come UNGLUED THOUGH! LMAO! :laugh2:

YOU HUSH YOUR MOUTH THAT CRAP HURT AND YOU WEREN'T MUCH BETTER! :shock:

What was that sweetie? The fact I had to get mine done first before you'd go? Is that what you're saying? :giggle: I'll stick by you though, that did hurt like hell good god! :shock:

LOL that is what my girlfriends were telling me about freaking PAINFUL but worth it! :giggle:

no no dont look at me. Im too chicken for it but i am not desire for having pierced on wierd area of skin LOL Bet they are looking nice though.

Oh IT HURT SO BAD!!! But omg, they look so awesome!!! Glad I got them done, the only real pain was the actual piercing, other than that it felt a little irritated but that was about it. =) I'm incredibly pleased with them. =D

I wouldn't have done it had Mew not bargained with me saying she'd go with me so I wouldn't chicken out! I stuck through it and sat through both sides so that's all that matters! :D

What was that sweetie? The fact I had to get mine done first before you'd go? Is that what you're saying? :giggle: I'll stick by you though, that did hurt like hell good god! :shock:

I STILL GOT BOTH DONE! :cry: You wanted them anyway!

I STILL GOT BOTH DONE! :cry: You wanted them anyway!

Awww, nothing bonds friends like nip piercings together! :laugh2: And yes, I'm very proud of you. I was getting them done regardless. :D Just figured I'd help you while I was at it, being a pro at multi-tasking and all. :ty:

Wirelessly posted

Piercing hurts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back