What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learn more ^_^ more lots 0f ASL!! many time vocabulary

I learned a few things about myself today. I also learned a few things about others. Mostly, I learned that it's okay to be bummed.

Of note, I am learning that my avocado tree died due to Tropical Storm Issac flooding the yard. Get to dig it up tomorrow. It's only 4 feet tall. Will start another soon.

There's something I learn from my fav guy, Albert Einstein..
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”

My personal favorite...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Oh and today I learned that Yuengling Black & Tan is really good.

I learned that I have to work a lot harder to sell my bikes and use more than 1 avenue to advertise my bikes.

Today I learned that my son is no more coordinated than I am...and that he really does take after me. LOL We both run into walls/door frames a lot.

Does anyone else find that they do that a lot? I've always had an issue with it but it's always been due to my ears. They only time I am graceful is when I'm en pointe...outside of that I am a clutz. hehe

I also learned/realized that I really miss training service dogs but I do love what I do now. So, it all evens out I suppose.

Last edited:
I want to start a thread where you share what you learned today. Your comment should begin with, "Today, I learned...."

Today, I learned that Novak Djokovic lost to Andy Murray in the semifinals at the London Olympics. :(

i learnt samething aswel,and the rules to sitting vollyball

grr update firefox damn it!! 16 stable!

I learned that hosta plants are one of the twelve most poisonous plants to dogs.

Think of the exorcist...

Today I learned that there are 448 North American plants that are toxic to dogs, not all will kill them, but will do serious damage. Hostas, YIKES!! (First day of vet tech school and homework already LOL).

I just learned that the world is round! :shock:

Today I learned that my son is no more coordinated than I am...and that he really does take after me. LOL We both run into walls/door frames a lot.

Does anyone else find that they do that a lot? I've always had an issue with it but it's always been due to my ears. They only time I am graceful is when I'm en pointe...outside of that I am a clutz. hehe

I also learned/realized that I really miss training service dogs but I do love what I do now. So, it all evens out I suppose.

My dining room table and chairs straight up attack me all the time. It's not me, it's them. But yeah I have really bad balance because of my ears, lean over too far a lot and have to take a little step to the side to stop myself from tipping over lol

You're supposed to learn a new thing everyday.....today I got ....nothing.

I learned that I have more family in the family tree than I thought. My brother has been in contact with someone who researched and found him through Ancestry.com. We are learning more about the relative that came to the US from Prussia.

I have terrible problems with balance due to my ears. It isn't too uncommon. :)

I learned that I need to check all of my cables in my new PC from time to time... Vibration loosened my CPU power to "off" and damaged my OS/hard drive..lucky I have a big flash drive inside that was serving as a cache to the HDD... Re-installing windows 7 on the flash drive and hopefully everything on the HDD is intact.

My dining room table and chairs straight up attack me all the time. It's not me, it's them. But yeah I have really bad balance because of my ears, lean over too far a lot and have to take a little step to the side to stop myself from tipping over lol

You're supposed to learn a new thing everyday.....today I got ....nothing.

I am so glad to hear that it's not just me....I can't tell you how many times those damn door frames just jump right out and smack me. Not to mention I am always tripping and bumping into everything. My husband thinks it cute...me not so much so....LOL

what is hell about 0.o report legal on my doctor serious!! I got email serious I report it send!!

Wirelessly posted

I learned that sim-coming definitely doesn't work after several attempts due to a request from my hearing son. Now, I just need to tell him.....
(my signing must be improving! One up for me Yay!!!)

Last edited:
learning that im like david vs goliath right now ( and big wanker of a Deaf org here) trying to get a real bitch sacked, everyone failed to try, and now its my own, what im learning is, they are too scared to sack her because of 'constructive dismissal' severence payouts...but im arguing they dont need to, she's so FUCKING USELESS and BULLY to the Deaf community....

so...basically the real world ... aren't like....."Erin Brockovich"...they Still dont listen...the world's getting more fucked up as we speak (meaning right now, right now as you are reading this)...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back