What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned a lot about ceiling and ceiling repairs...the hard way.

I figured that from your FB posts !! :)

Remodeling is usually not fun (or easy), especially when keeping things up to code. The fun part is getting to do it how you want, but then you're restricted to HOW you can make it how you want. I hope your end results are all you hoped for!

That the ticks are really still bad right now ! I woke up and my right ear was hurting real bad , I thought I might had slept funny last night and when I went to take a shower I saw that my ear was all red and painful to touch . A tick was right at top of ear and I couldn't get it out , I had neighbor try and he said the tick kept breaking off. I went ER to ear b/c my ear was really painful and red and thought it was infected already. I had to wait over a hour and the nurse wasn't able to get the head out of my ear . I was given some antibiotic and was told my ear could get an infection by trying to get the head out or leaving it in my ear . :( The only good think about this that is my right ear and I don't wear a HA in it anymore.

I also learned that some parents aren't too bright ! There was a little boy who may have a concussion b/c he fell of his new Hoover board in the house and had no helmet on when trying to use it. The kid was lucky he didn't hit his head against a edge of a table or something .

That the ticks are really still bad right now ! I woke up and my right ear was hurting real bad , I thought I might had slept funny last night and when I went to take a shower I saw that my ear was all red and painful to touch . A tick was right at top of ear and I couldn't get it out , I had neighbor try and he said the tick kept breaking off. I went ER to ear b/c my ear was really painful and red and thought it was infected already. I had to wait over a hour and the nurse wasn't able to get the head out of my ear . I was given some antibiotic and was told my ear could get an infection by trying to get the head out or leaving it in my ear . :( The only good think about this that is my right ear and I don't wear a HA in it anymore.

I also learned that some parents aren't too bright ! There was a little boy who may have a concussion b/c he fell of his new Hoover board in the house and had no helmet on when trying to use it. The kid was lucky he didn't hit his head against a edge of a table or something .

Ouch... I have been wondering about the flea, ticks, and mosquitoes for next year... It has been so warm that they are still out... I have to wonder how bad will they be in the spring when it starts getting warm again?
I hope you heal well and we all get a good cold snap to keep the numbers down...

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Why do you often make comments like these?

For all you know, the parents may have left the room and the kid went ahead and played with his new toy and didn't put his helmet on. Were you there yourself to see how this happened?

I painted 2 ceiling few months back and I keep seeing bits I missed so out comes paintbrush start again and now got bits still out of wack.i lay in bed looking up at it and driving me nuts.

Did you use a roller to paint it? It will be my roommate's new room so if we make painting errors, she will be the one who has to see it daily. Hahahahaha

Did you use a roller to paint it? It will be my roommate's new room so if we make painting errors, she will be the one who has to see it daily. Hahahahaha

So that's how you plan to get her to move out. :giggle:

What I have run across in the way of instructions the most is to "cut in" around where it meets the walls with a brush and then fill in while that edge is still wet with a roller.

What I have run across in the way of instructions the most is to "cut in" around where it meets the walls with a brush and then fill in while that edge is still wet with a roller.

Thats my plan when we paint the ceiling. Plaster is still not dry from yesterday. I didnt know that it takes that long to dry. Wow.

Thats my plan when we paint the ceiling. Plaster is still not dry from yesterday. I didnt know that it takes that long to dry. Wow.

I think I remember you mentioning rain and generally humid weather. That will increase the drying time. Which to me makes good sense. If the air is humid, where is the water that was mixed in the plaster going to go?

That I forgot that I need to start SQL Server on my laptop before I can start playing around with it. Duh. It's been awhile since I've had SQL Server on a laptop.

Edit: And I just found out that the samples in the book I'm using to learn T-SQL were done exactly one year ago. Spooking, eh? :D

Last edited:
Ouch... I have been wondering about the flea, ticks, and mosquitoes for next year... It has been so warm that they are still out... I have to wonder how bad will they be in the spring when it starts getting warm again?
I hope you heal well and we all get a good cold snap to keep the numbers down...

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I was thinking of that today how bad the ticks will be next year b/c of crazy weather we been having . I still have the damn tick head in my ear!
YUCKY ! We're getting some snow today or Tuesday so I hope this will knock some nasty ticks out cold !

I was thinking of that today how bad the ticks will be next year b/c of crazy weather we been having . I still have the damn tick head in my ear!
YUCKY ! We're getting some snow today or Tuesday so I hope this will knock some nasty ticks out cold !
Oh, you need to get that head out before it does more damage. :(

I am sure you know to use primer next....

Oh, you need to get that head out before it does more damage. :(

She did say when she went to ER someone tried to get the head out but couldn't get it, gave her antibiotics.

I like your hello kitty marksman!

I learned a lot about ceiling and ceiling repairs...the hard way.
We've been going thru the conversion from popcorn to smooth ceilings in our house, too. It's messy and time consuming. The results are nice though.

The most difficult ceiling was the family room/kitchen ceiling, which all runs together as one large L-shape room. Unlike the other rooms where we just painted the ceilings, we installed a beaded board and beamed one. It was quite a task! Putting up 4x8 sheets of beaded board, one beam 35 feet long, cutting out the holes for vents, recessed lights, and ceiling lights/fans . . . whew! TCS did all the work himself except for some help from the grandkids holding up the sheets of beaded board.

We have sheet rock rather than plaster under our popcorn.

Attachments

• before3.jpg
    before3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0477.jpg
    DSCN0477.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0481.jpg
    DSCN0481.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0482.jpg
    DSCN0482.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
She did say when she went to ER someone tried to get the head out but couldn't get it, gave her antibiotics.
I read that, yes. I think she might need to go back to have them finish the job.

I like your hello kitty marksman!
:ty: TCS got me the Hello Kitty decal for Christmas. The real decal is now on my Jeep back windshield. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back