What did you learn today? Part II

I am learning that my phone is struggling to keep me on this website. Its slow. Locks up.
I hate changing phones. Its huge hassle.

I am learning that my phone is struggling to keep me on this website. Its slow. Locks up.
I hate changing phones. Its huge hassle.
Don’t change phones for that.

You might be having a wi-fi issue. Try disconnecting from that. I do that whenever my phone is slow for a bit.

It is possible that it might need to be refreshed. I always format my phone back to factory settings and start fresh every one in a while cause the files on the phone can degrade over time like a regular computer.

I have learned my mother in law discovered roaches ate a rubber portion of Blendtac after she turned it on and the smoke came out. Warrantly should cover that problem. Gotta watch out for my Blendtac. Can't do anything about roaches because I am in Texas.

I have learned my mother in law discovered roaches ate a rubber portion of Blendtac after she turned it on and the smoke came out. Warrantly should cover that problem. Gotta watch out for my Blendtac. Can't do anything about roaches because I am in Texas.

Here’s an idea.
If you're concerned about pesticides in your home because you have pets and children, you can use a simple dry mixture of of sugar and baking soda to kill them. ... Then, when the roach drinks water, the baking soda reacts, creating gas inside of the roach which causes its stomach to burst, killing the roach.

Last edited:
When I lived in Houston, roaches were a bit of issue only seen quite a few roaming around before one of us kill it. Since then I haven't seen any whenever I visit... not sure if my dad used pest control or other method. Fire ants and wasp is also common in Texas.

Here’s an idea.

Thanks. I will try the method at home. Not sure if my mother in law already tried it. I remember a while ago she told me she tried everything to fight roach problems for years. I have seen giant black roaches in her garage. She has been paying the pest expert to take care of it for a while.

When I lived in Houston, roaches were a bit of issue only seen quite a few roaming around before one of us kill it. Since then I haven't seen any whenever I visit... not sure if my dad used pest control or other method. Fire ants and wasp is also common in Texas.

I had to contact maintenance to take care of wasp nest in balcony and lampshade outside on two separate occasions. Wasp is a big problem here in San Antonio. Even saw one at my son's school. Fire ants is a big problem in California. I leaned my arm on the fence and hadn't noticed fire ants creeping all over my arm. I didn't feel it until they stung my arm. I panicked and swatted them off immediately. Mother was near me and helped swatting them off of my arm. Argh!!

I have learned my brother, his family and in laws can't go to Seattle downtown anymore because it is not safe and scary now.

I have learned my brother, his family and in laws can't go to Seattle downtown anymore because it is not safe and scary now.

I visited Seattle once 10 years ago... touched the Space Needle and few places nearby. It was ok... the traffic lights were long and downtown area wasn't that great. My dad and I went outside Seattle and saw Ballard Locks, Blake Island, Deception Pass and few other places. It was interesting and fun to do than downtown area. :)

I visited Seattle once 10 years ago... touched the Space Needle and few places nearby. It was ok... the traffic lights were long and downtown area wasn't that great. My dad and I went outside Seattle and saw Ballard Locks, Blake Island, Deception Pass and few other places. It was interesting and fun to do than downtown area. :)

Seattle is ok, but it is always cloudy daily. Unfortunately, it has gotten worse. Homelessness and drug crisis is out of control there. Addicts have set up tents and camps next to business buildings, condos, Pike Place Market, Ivar's and ON the cemeteries. CEOs of famous companies like Ivar's are getting frustrated their business buildings are broken into too many times. They are already hurting. Local business owners are already considering moving out of Seattle. If you go to downtown again, you will see addicts on the sidewalks rolling their eyes and screaming in the air over and over again. They have already been arrested like 30 times and they are already back on the sidewalks. The police's hands are tied because the local government said so.

My brother and his family used to go to downtown regularly, but not anymore. My sis in law is scared of them because there are syringes everywhere on the benches and sidewalks. They already are talking about moving out of WA to either Montana or Idaho. Sister in law's parents are even considering moving to Nevada or Idaho from Seattle, too. My brother used to beg me to move to WA for 16 years, but the first time he told me this year- "Don't bother to move up here. It's not worth it."

Go to Facebook and type in "Seattle looks like shit." You will recognize some of the areas in Seattle. Be warned: they're too disturbed. :(

People seem to think that Florida has a lot of Roaches...well, I've never had any...and Spray monthly to avoid them....keeping the trash out nightly and making sure the kitchen is clean....I do remember people a times did spread Boric Acid under their houses and mobile homes...But not sure if that works anymore as I've read that now-a-days, most chemicals are not working...as the Roaches are becoming immune to them....Recently, I had a Flying Cockroach fly into my home!...Scared the beejees out of me!...they are Big!...Took me awhile...but I got that darn Bug...he's dead now!...LOL ...one thing I do detest is Roaches...and Fleas.

Good skill. Can you tell us how?

Sure. Get 2 cups of water pour it in a sauce pan. Put the eggs in the saucepan bring them to a boil. Make sure it’s timed right between 25-20 minutes, depends on your stove. Mine works at 20 minutes. I let them set to cool off, wait about 30 mins to get the right temperature. Too hot is not good , burn your tongue. I say, wait at least 30 mins to be ready to eat.

People seem to think that Florida has a lot of Roaches...well, I've never had any...and Spray monthly to avoid them....keeping the trash out nightly and making sure the kitchen is clean....I do remember people a times did spread Boric Acid under their houses and mobile homes...But not sure if that works anymore as I've read that now-a-days, most chemicals are not working...as the Roaches are becoming immune to them....Recently, I had a Flying Cockroach fly into my home!...Scared the beejees out of me!...they are Big!...Took me awhile...but I got that darn Bug...he's dead now!...LOL ...one thing I do detest is Roaches...and Fleas.
Sure. Get 2 cups of water pour it in a sauce pan. Put the eggs in the saucepan bring them to a boil. Make sure it’s timed right between 25-20 minutes, depends on your stove. Mine works at 20 minutes. I let them set to cool off, wait about 30 mins to get the right temperature. Too hot is not good , burn your tongue. I say, wait at least 30 mins to be ready to eat.
For easy-peasy peeling the eggs?...A lot of Salt, pour it over the eggs as they boil...Learned this from a Restaurant cook!...works perfectly every time.

I just put some water in my egg cooker, but the lid on, turn it on. Make my lunch and do some other things to get ready for work. When it turns itself off, take the lid off, using an oveglove put the eggs in a container, pour cold water on them. Wait a minute or two while I get my milk, etc then shell the eggs and eat them.

For easy-peasy peeling the eggs?...A lot of Salt, pour it over the eggs as they boil...Learned this from a Restaurant cook!...works perfectly every time.
Oops! I forgot a step! You are right about the peeling.

Back