What did you learn today? Part II

It has been years since I put any up there since they do not feel very secure because of the way I wear my hair. Once years ago I did and they fell off in red paint we were using for sets for a community theater play (it did wash off completely).

Roughly 10 years ago, I had retinal degeneration laser surgery. Over 1000+ zaps. It was painless. A bit discomforting. Zero pain.

They told me if I waited another 24hrs, I would have been blind in that eye.

The point I'm trying to make is, just do it.

Since our/your hearing is already screwed. Eye health is important. You would totally regret it if your eye sight went down the toliet.

Just do it. Better safe than sorry.

Love you. Peace out.

Last edited:
But when I notice how much I need my reading glasses these days, I’m wondering if I’m going to pass the vision test in a few weeks for my drivers license renewal.

If you do fail, they'll make you go get a letter from your eye doc to certify that yes you're still able to drive. I always have to- I'm fine for driving just that I fail their stupid tiny symbols test every single time.

Oh yes.. I don't know about other DMVs but the one in SC will not accept out of state doctors' letters :P.

:nana: to y'all with your reading glasses lol. Bifocals since the age of 2 (and a really really really strong Rx), trifocals in my late 20s/early 30s thanks to the advent of computers. But at least my glasses are MUCH lighter and thinner because of the lens implants.

Ooh the "poof" eye pressure test... not a fan of those. Just had that done on Monday. Neither that nor the traditional one ever gets an accurate/true reading of my eye pressure... :P. But.. I still go at least once a year (right now every 4-6 months...)

If you do fail, they'll make you go get a letter from your eye doc to certify that yes you're still able to drive. I always have to- I'm fine for driving just that I fail their stupid tiny symbols test every single time.

Oh yes.. I don't know about other DMVs but the one in SC will not accept out of state doctors' letters :P.

:nana: to y'all with your reading glasses lol. Bifocals since the age of 2 (and a really really really strong Rx), trifocals in my late 20s/early 30s thanks to the advent of computers. But at least my glasses are MUCH lighter and thinner because of the lens implants.

Ooh the "poof" eye pressure test... not a fan of those. Just had that done on Monday. Neither that nor the traditional one ever gets an accurate/true reading of my eye pressure... :P. But.. I still go at least once a year (right now every 4-6 months...)

Not sure what Illinois is at this time but it used to be a matter of which type of sign it was by shape and color — not reading wording.

I understand your glasses more than some that don't have that problem because of a close friend when growing up that also had strong glasses from that age. She use to use her prior pair for swimming and I at one time had to fish one of the lenses out of a 8 1/2 foot deep part of the pool, then go get her good pair from the dressing room to finish the day. Many years later she went to contacts and with them did not have the restrictions on drivers license that she would have had with glasses.

I was feeling bad about how we are whining about needing reading glasses, because I understand how much more serious It is for those who need glasses, and especially deafblind. That is a big deal.

I was feeling bad about how we are whining about needing reading glasses, because I understand how much more serious It is for those who need glasses, and especially deafblind. That is a big deal.

I didn't take it to be whining about needing the reading glasses but about how so many can't keep track of where they are!

I didn't take it to be whining about needing the reading glasses but about how so many can't keep track of where they are!
I wasn’t addressing you. Different poster. But I understand where you got that from.

Roughly 10 years ago, I had retinal degeneration laser surgery. Over 1000+ zaps. It was painless. A bit discomforting. Zero pain.

They told me if I waited another 24hrs, I would have been blind in that eye.

The point I'm trying to make is, just do it.

Since our/your hearing is already screwed. Eye health is important. You would totally regret it if your eye sight went down the toliet.

Just do it. Better safe than sorry.

Love you. Peace out.
Totally agreed. Good post.

If you are trying to address a certain poster why not address it to them by starting you post with their name?
Because it was self-explanatory. He knew who I was referring to.

Last edited:
Its just funny that I have 20/20 vision yet I cant see fine print in front of me ( blurry )

I did that once. I had 2 pairs sitting on my head. And here I’m looking for a third pair.

Yes, it happens to me. I put glasses on my head while I apply moisturizer and makeup on my face. When I am done, I look for it. I totally forgot I have it on my head the whole time.

2 years old? Damn. You beat me. I've been wearing glasses since 4th grade. I go every 2-3 years for now.

IDK when my eye sight went ker-plunk. Somewhere in my early teens. Now, at 57, I wear progressives. Near, med and far. Took me a bit over 2 months to get used to the progressives! Sighs.

2 years old? Damn. You beat me. I've been wearing glasses since 4th grade. I go every 2-3 years for now.

Yep....I had serious cataracts going on (Rubella)- so multiple surgeries for that then the glasses. I always wonder what my vision was like before the surgeries (I can't remember anything prior to the age of 3 or 4) but do know what the vision was like after the surgeries and before the glasses lol.

There's a few pics of me at 2 with them on and 1 of me the first time my hearing aid was turned on at 2 (not a pretty sight lol). No not gonna share lol. I see more and more babies under 2 wearing glasses now too.

IDK when my eye sight went ker-plunk. Somewhere in my early teens. Now, at 57, I wear progressives. Near, med and far. Took me a bit over 2 months to get used to the progressives! Sighs.

I always find this interesting. Maybe it's because I had bifocals since 2- I never had problems getting used to it... switching to progressives AND trifocals didn't bother me at all. Maybe a day or two to adjust vision wise. Both mom and aunt had a lot of trouble with the progressives- one even went back to the lined type.

I always find this interesting. Maybe it's because I had bifocals since 2- I never had problems getting used to it... switching to progressives AND trifocals didn't bother me at all. Maybe a day or two to adjust vision wise. Both mom and aunt had a lot of trouble with the progressives- one even went back to the lined type.
I'm happy for those than adjust asap. I just couldnt. My brain wouldn't agree with what my eyes saw. I know, I'm kinda slow, not ashamed at all. :)

I'm happy for those than adjust asap. I just couldnt. My brain wouldn't agree with what my eyes saw. I know, I'm kinda slow, not ashamed at all. :)

Nothing to be ashamed of. An interesting case... my father is left handed... but he does quite a few things right handed including bowling. He once told me that he knew he COULD bowl left handed but for some reason his brain just didn't know what to do and couldn't picture it. It's the same thing with sign- he fingerspells with his right hand rather than his left... but writes with his left... go figure.

My family is full of people with slightly atypical brains lol.

Back