What did you learn today? Part II

http://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2014/09/08/retiring-worn-out-american-flags/

This web site tell how to retire an old flag.

Option 2: Burn the flag to retire it
A popular way to retire a worn-out American Flag is by burning it. Page 76 of the BSA Handbook says, “A national flag that is worn beyond repair may be burned in a fire. The ceremony should be conducted with dignity and respect and the flag burned completely to ashes.”

PRO: Method preferred by U.S. Flag Code and BSA Handbook. Usually the most ceremonial and solemn method.

CON: Worst option for the environment and your Scouts’ health. Unlike the cotton and wool flags made in the early 20th century, today’s flags are made out of petroleum-based materials like nylon. Burning nylon is different from burning cotton or wool and can create hazardous gas.
I wouldn't worry about the "CON." It's not like anyone is standing over tons of burning flags for hours every day for years.

BTW, there are still some cotton flags made in addition to synthetic ones.

Learned that I can schedule an appointment, with a podiatrist, online. Was able to even pick my date and time. They will confirm my date/time with either an email or phone call (hoping for email, of course). Earliest I could get is a week from Monday.

I'm seeing a lot more doctors allowing for scheduling appointments online these days. 2 of mine allow for it (and I love it) and all 3 are more than happy to communicate with me through email. Still get the occasional phone call though...sigh.

I'm seeing a lot more doctors allowing for scheduling appointments online these days. 2 of mine allow for it (and I love it) and all 3 are more than happy to communicate with me through email. Still get the occasional phone call though...sigh.
Most of my appts are yearly, so I just make them in the office when I'm done with my current appt. The one office I communicate with emails is my audiologist. If I need an appt, I send them an email and we get it set up that way. Now, my ENT's office......

I wouldn't worry about the "CON." It's not like anyone is standing over tons of burning flags for hours every day for years.

BTW, there are still some cotton flags made in addition to synthetic ones.
Yeah I know that , I was posting the proper way to burn an American flag , the story I posted about not done that way . I wonder if the people will be arrested for
leaving the a burning flag unattended .

My local VFW has a drop off box for worn out, damaged USA flags. They will render a proper disposal.

Girls Scout cookies thin mint is very addictive!

Learned that I can schedule an appointment, with a podiatrist, online. Was able to even pick my date and time. They will confirm my date/time with either an email or phone call (hoping for email, of course). Earliest I could get is a week from Monday.
So much for making an appt online. They called late today and THEN scheduled me - for a week later than I had selected online. She said she doesn't know why they have that option on the web page.

So much for making an appt online. They called late today and THEN scheduled me - for a week later than I had selected online. She said she doesn't know why they have that option on the web page.
That's disappointing.

That's dumb. Drives me nuts... either they have an option on there that's not supposed to be there or they DON'T have an option on there that's supposed to be there. There's one office patient portal I tried twice to register for- still wouldn't let me even though I had the right credentials direct from them. Gave up after the 2nd try. I'm not seeing them again for another 3-5 years anyway... if I'm still living here.

Their QA department is failing! LOL

That's dumb. Drives me nuts... either they have an option on there that's not supposed to be there or they DON'T have an option on there that's supposed to be there. There's one office patient portal I tried twice to register for- still wouldn't let me even though I had the right credentials direct from them. Gave up after the 2nd try. I'm not seeing them again for another 3-5 years anyway... if I'm still living here.

Their QA department is failing! LOL

Sounds like you should offer your services. ;)

Not really looking forward to going to work today. I have a big project lined up for me and I think it's going to take me all week. Yuk.

Not really looking forward to going to work today. I have a big project lined up for me and I think it's going to take me all week. Yuk.

Hope it all goes well... your project is probably better than what my sister just started working on her assignment at the insurance company. She is working through 2.5 million premiums and may take as long as July.

Hope it all goes well... your project is probably better than what my sister just started working on her assignment at the insurance company. She is working through 2.5 million premiums and may take as long as July.
Ouch. That does not sound fun.

Back