What did you learn today? Part II

toffeekukki

I am learning that my phone is struggling to keep me on this website. Its slow. Locks up.
I hate changing phones. Its huge hassle.

AlleyCat

I am learning that my phone is struggling to keep me on this website. Its slow. Locks up.
I hate changing phones. Its huge hassle.
Don’t change phones for that.

You might be having a wi-fi issue. Try disconnecting from that. I do that whenever my phone is slow for a bit.

Secretblend

It is possible that it might need to be refreshed. I always format my phone back to factory settings and start fresh every one in a while cause the files on the phone can degrade over time like a regular computer.

Barbaro

I have learned my mother in law discovered roaches ate a rubber portion of Blendtac after she turned it on and the smoke came out. Warrantly should cover that problem. Gotta watch out for my Blendtac. Can't do anything about roaches because I am in Texas.

femme Fatale

Official AD Nutcracker
I have learned my mother in law discovered roaches ate a rubber portion of Blendtac after she turned it on and the smoke came out. Warrantly should cover that problem. Gotta watch out for my Blendtac. Can't do anything about roaches because I am in Texas.
Here’s an idea.
If you're concerned about pesticides in your home because you have pets and children, you can use a simple dry mixture of of sugar and baking soda to kill them. ... Then, when the roach drinks water, the baking soda reacts, creating gas inside of the roach which causes its stomach to burst, killing the roach.

Last edited:

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
When I lived in Houston, roaches were a bit of issue only seen quite a few roaming around before one of us kill it. Since then I haven't seen any whenever I visit... not sure if my dad used pest control or other method. Fire ants and wasp is also common in Texas.

Barbaro

Here’s an idea.
Thanks. I will try the method at home. Not sure if my mother in law already tried it. I remember a while ago she told me she tried everything to fight roach problems for years. I have seen giant black roaches in her garage. She has been paying the pest expert to take care of it for a while.

When I lived in Houston, roaches were a bit of issue only seen quite a few roaming around before one of us kill it. Since then I haven't seen any whenever I visit... not sure if my dad used pest control or other method. Fire ants and wasp is also common in Texas.
I had to contact maintenance to take care of wasp nest in balcony and lampshade outside on two separate occasions. Wasp is a big problem here in San Antonio. Even saw one at my son's school. Fire ants is a big problem in California. I leaned my arm on the fence and hadn't noticed fire ants creeping all over my arm. I didn't feel it until they stung my arm. I panicked and swatted them off immediately. Mother was near me and helped swatting them off of my arm. Argh!!