What did you learn today? Part II

I learned today that my daughter knew this little girl. She babysat her, and she was the daughter of my son-in-law's co-worker. The family is devastated. :(

"A man has been charged following a crash early Sunday that killed a 9-year-old girl who was riding in an SUV that was sent over a guardrail on Interstate 26 in Dorchester County. . .

Alivia Watson, 9, of Summerville, died after she was ejected from a Ford Explorer, according to the Dorchester County Coroner's Office. She was transported to Trident Medical Center where she died at 3:27 a.m. ..."

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/...cle_c89ec556-1218-11e7-8641-7b8d9bd3a7f7.html
I am sorry, Reba. :(
That hits close to home, doesn't it? It seems to be happening more frequently lately.

Not exactly. Only for passengers with complimentary tickets from the airline.

And "Buddy pass" that employees use and give to friends or family. (I guess that would fall under complimentary tickets though :) )

Intresting read, though I tend to dress down travelling lol, if I'm on a plane for hours I want to at least just wear comfy clothing, so leggings would sure be one of the things I would wear and honestly don't see how this would be a problem to anyone. On the othe side, if they get a special ticket meaning they have to comply with some rules, well then that's how it is :)

Intresting read, though I tend to dress down travelling lol, if I'm on a plane for hours I want to at least just wear comfy clothing, so leggings would sure be one of the things I would wear and honestly don't see how this would be a problem to anyone. On the othe side, if they get a special ticket meaning they have to comply with some rules, well then that's how it is :)
I will wear jeans for travelling. Never know.

I learned that the truck driver who crossed the line and killed the 13 elderly people in the church bus had been texting at the time. :mad:

I learned that despite how organized I am, there is still always more to be done.

I learned that the truck driver who crossed the line and killed the 13 elderly people in the church bus had been texting at the time. :mad:
I suspected it, and sure enough. I thought he was either texting or fiddling with the darn radio. :(

I've heard it here and it was so awful. Some of us are very upset former Gov Rick Perry vetoed the bill to ban texting while driving. San Antonio finally passed the law a few years ago, but drivers still text. I've seen it yesterday and my husband had to honk and made a gesture to hang up the phone. It's not worth it.

I've heard it here and it was so awful. Some of us are very upset former Gov Rick Perry vetoed the bill to ban texting while driving. San Antonio finally passed the law a few years ago, but drivers still text. I've seen it yesterday and my husband had to honk and made a gesture to hang up the phone. It's not worth it.

Text and drive is against the law in California too, but I see drivers still do it on my commute to work. Unfortunately, there's not enough patrol to enforce it or maybe they have other priorities.

Text and drive is against the law in California too, but I see drivers still do it on my commute to work. Unfortunately, there's not enough patrol to enforce it or maybe they have other priorities.

I notice the same thing when I visited California last time. I don't think the police is interested in doing that for some reason.

I notice the same thing when I visited California last time. I don't think the police is interested in doing that for some reason.

Unfortunately, my guess is it takes an accident to wake the driver up and probably ended up paying the fine (perhaps jail time), increased insurance premiums and lawsuits to follow.

I learned that this morning there was a boiler explosion in a box company in which four people were killed. Two of them, a man and a woman, just started their first day on the job. I think I will be nicer to new workers from now on.

I learned that this morning there was a boiler explosion in a box company in which four people were killed. Two of them, a man and a woman, just started their first day on the job. I think I will be nicer to new workers from now on.

That was at about 7:45 am yesterday (Apr. 3, 2017) CDT in St. Louis. It was on TV there right away. Three people were killed and two critically injured. One guy was killed at the box company where the explosion happened. The new employees killed where a guy & gal at the Linen company where the debris came down through the roof.

More here http://www.kmov.com/ I am not sure how long it will remain the first story on the site but it should remain up even if you have to scroll a bit.

Learned today after helping a customer ship 17 boxes to Belgium... turns out their daughter lives in Belgium and the parents packed some of their belongings in these boxes and plans to move there. You can imagine the cost of shipping but it's probably cheaper than movers doing the job.

Back