What did you learn today? Part II

Or use Lifelock. I don't use it personally but my friends who do so swear by it. Hmmm. I am feeling spooked so I will check into it.
I know a couple, friends of mine, my age, who experienced attempted fraud on their cards so they signed up for Lifelock. They were disappointed because when another attempt was made they still had to do all the "footwork" themselves to clear up their account.

I don't know if there is any foolproof security. :dunno:

Our credit union caught the latest fraud but we're still fighting the Dell fraud from last October.

I know a couple, friends of mine, my age, who experienced attempted fraud on their cards so they signed up for Lifelock. They were disappointed because when another attempt was made they still had to do all the "footwork" themselves to clear up their account.

I don't know if there is any foolproof security. :dunno:

Our credit union caught the latest fraud but we're still fighting the Dell fraud from last October.
Gosh, you are correct, no foolproof security at all. It seems to be one is better off using a debit card for online purchases? It is not just credit cards being targeted. Some time ago I received a HUGE phone bill and it turned out there was a guy in another city brazen enough to use my name in the phone book. Smh. (Natch, I let the phone company take care of it rather than paying a "social" visit myself.)

Gosh, you are correct, no foolproof security at all. It seems to be one is better off using a debit card for online purchases? It is not just credit cards being targeted. Some time ago I received a HUGE phone bill and it turned out there was a guy in another city brazen enough to use my name in the phone book. Smh. (Natch, I let the phone company take care of it rather than paying a "social" visit myself.)
Lifelock might be OK; just be sure of what you're getting from them.

Most experts recommend credit cards over debit cards for fraud prevention. If someone gets hold of your debit card info they can clean out your account, and you might not get that back. Credit cards have more protection as far as covering purchasing disputes and fraud pay backs. If you catch a credit card dispute right away and report it right away, you should get back your money.

However, credit card companies aren't perfect. For example, the fuss we're having over the fraud Dell issue. The card company did refund the cost of the laptop itself but reinstated the $118 charge for the service contract. That doesn't make a bit of sense. Why would we want a service contract on a computer that we never ordered? This dispute also ties up our account because we can't close it until the dispute is resolved.

A few years ago, TCS had a fraud done to his bank checking account (not card account). Someone with a Sprint phone was having his monthly bill paid for automatic draft from TCS's account. It took a while to get that resolved. He had to fight with Sprint and the bank. He got back his money a little at a time. It was ridiculous. We have never had a Sprint account, so we knew it wasn't our bill. TCS went to the local Sprint manager, face-to-face. The manager told him, that they didn't care whose name was on an account as long as there was money in it. Grrr!!! TCS finally got all the money and the police tracked down the culprit. However, he was one step ahead of the police and got away.

To not bang a broken leg on the side of the pool. That hurt. It's been 4 months but still not fully healed.

I feel like such an idiot hitting my thumb with the hammer. Again. Deja vu!

I learned that my grandson's college was a question on last night's Jeopardy program. :lol:

(The question is "What is The Citadel?")

Attachments

• citadel grads.jpg
    citadel grads.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 5
I learned on this EIPA DVD the signer is using "C" handshape for cats. Same location as ASL cat but "C" handshape never seen it in my life must be something new:dunno:

I learned that my grandson's college was a question on last night's Jeopardy program. :lol:

(The question is "What is The Citadel?")

Always awesome to see that. I think I've seen at least two "answers" related to Gallaudet on Jeopardy in all the years I've watched Jeopardy!

I learned on this EIPA DVD the signer is using "C" handshape for cats. Same location as ASL cat but "C" handshape never seen it in my life must be something new:dunno:
I've seen it in Signed English text book for school use.

I've seen it in Signed English text book for school use.

We got a SEE book at work and it shows ASL Sign cat . Do you know if there's a SEE dictionary online?

I am curious.

Back